What's new

India is now the #1 emerging market to invest in, according to 85 sovereign wealth funds and 57 central banks representing $21 Trillion in assets!

The upgrade of Korea from an MSCI emerging market to a developed market would have had a positive impact on passive flows towards India.
1688984375610.png
1688984444356.png
1688984531531.png

@RealDeal

Hardly surprising. India is a very poor country, even by South Asian standards.

India's poverty rate is a staggering 84% and that means there are literally well over a billion people living below the poverty line who would be more than willing to work in sweatshops for peanuts, to fuel the ever-growing western consumerism.

If someone think that's somehow going to make things easier for the poor, they're sorely mistaken. You'll only see more billionaires popping up in India. After all, there are almost a thousand billionaires in China!

Speaking of which, China has a poverty rate of just 13% and even Pakistan has a "fairly" decent ~25% poverty rate, though that's subject to change due to crushing economic challenges.

So yeah, that leaves the field wide open for India. In modern times, "business opportunity" is another way of saying "human exploitation." It's all about saving nickels and dimes to turn millions into billions.

Last edited:

India's poverty rate is a staggering 84% and that means there are literally well over a billion people living below the poverty line who would be more than willing to work in sweatshops for peanuts, to fuel the ever-growing western consumerism.

If someone think that's somehow going to make things easier for the poor, they're sorely mistaken. You'll only see more billionaires popping up in India. After all, there are almost a thousand billionaires in China!

Speaking of which, China has a poverty rate of just 13% and even Pakistan has a "fairly" decent ~25% poverty rate, though that's subject to change due to crushing economic challenges.

So yeah, that leaves the field wide open for India. In modern times, "business opportunity" is another way of saying "human exploitation." It's all about saving nickels and dimes to turn millions into billions.
No wonder Pakistan is in such a mess. They have no understanding of the economics not of their own country but general lack of it.

So India with per capita income almost twice of Pakistan has 84% poverty rate and you have 25%, nice ... :enjoy:

So India with per capita income almost twice of Pakistan has 84% poverty rate and you have 25%, nice ... :enjoy:
Well the scales are different. In India, until someone can afford to buy a car or a 3 BHK apartment, we consider them poor and eligible for food security. While in Pakistan, those who aren't running behind food trucks are considered rich. If you afford to buy a khota cart or afford khota biryani, you are rich.

No wonder Pakistan is in such a mess. They have no understanding of the economics not of their own country but general lack of it.

Well the scales are different. In India, until someone can afford to buy a car or a 3 BHK apartment, we consider them poor and eligible for food security. While in Pakistan, those who aren't running behind food trucks are considered rich. If you afford to buy a khota cart or afford khota biryani, you are rich.

Ah man, I just love how you characters just ganged-up and started circle jerking around me, heh! Anyhow, a couple of things:

India's per Capita Income isn't 2x that of Pakistan's. Not even close:

1688998812504.png

1688999240233.png

As for poverty rate:

Pakistan:
1689000070849.png

India:
1688999967980.png

I'm not entirely sure what your Godi Media has been peddling lately but... take everything you hear on the telly with a grain of salt, eh?

Attachments

• 1688999867511.png
    1688999867511.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 35
Ah man, I just love how you characters just ganged-up and started circle jerking around me, heh! Anyhow, a couple of things:

India's per Capita Income isn't 2x that of Pakistan's. Not even close:

View attachment 938130

View attachment 938132

As for poverty rate:

Pakistan:
View attachment 938136

India:
View attachment 938135

I'm not entirely sure what your Godi Media has been peddling lately but... take everything you hear on the telly with a grain of salt, eh?
Lmao seems like you are living under a rock, thats even worse than watching godi media. This is 2023, not 2021 or 2019. Pakistani currency has depreciated by almost 100% since that time. All the economic crisis that Pakistan is facing now wasnt there in 2021, or rather, the indicators were there but crisis hadnt manifested itself. Your GDP in USD terms has fallen by at least 50%.

Lmao seems like you are living under a rock, thats even worse than watching godi media. This is 2023, not 2021 or 2019. Pakistani currency has depreciated by almost 100% since that time. All the economic crisis that Pakistan is facing now wasnt there in 2021, or rather, the indicators were there but crisis hadnt manifested itself. Your GDP in USD terms has fallen by at least 50%.
Well, the data I'm referring to only goes up to 2021-22 so yeah, things have definitely taken a hit, which I did mention in my original comment as well:

...and even Pakistan has a "fairly" decent ~25% poverty rate, though that's subject to change due to crushing economic challenges.

Let me summon my inner @ziaulislam

This is all Indian hyperbole, there is no interest in India. Filthy and smelly yindoos are trying to prop up themselves, by publishing such articles themselves.

Wait even better, they are now properly and openly serving their Western colonial masters, whereas the champion of free society next door and its young and energetic brother are struggling to stop the next wave of colonialism in this region.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom