What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

"The bronze cladding work was contracted out by Larsen & Toubro, the engineering firm that has built the statue and surrounding complex, to Chinese foundry Jiangxi Tongqing Metal Handicrafts."

Note that this was a huge contributor to the fiscal trade deficit with China. :D
One component does not make in Made in China. Keep on believing your JNU and Jamia fake news

Wow - things ARE different in India I guess...

In Bangladesh Micro loans are just that, micro. Typically no more than say $100 dollars or so. And there is much more scrutiny (and extensive analysis prior to fund disbursal) about whether borrowers have the needed skills or wherewithal to pay. Clearly these factors are absent in India and more training is needed to avoid lending amounts that cannot be repaid (and the possible ensuing tragic circumstances).

Here is a paper that discussed this for the Indian situation. (PP.16)

"The answer will at least partly depend on whether either the SHGs established by the program continue to operate – possibly adjusting the services offered to the level of member development – and, related to this, whether beneficiary households will be able to use the one-time injection of credit and capacity to push them on a permanently higher trajectory of economic activity and asset accumulation. Answering this question is beyond the scope of this paper and will require additional information based on group and individual activity after external support had been terminated."

http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/473751468268776052/pdf/WPS4886.pdf

@jamahir Bhai - here is another article I found that describes why Microcredit succeeds in some cases in India and in some cases does not. Over-borrowing, unqualified loan disbursals and coercive collection tactics are the primary culprits in India. In Bangladesh - loans can be re-scheduled in case of natural disaster and has been, especially in light of present Covid-19 situation. The tragic situation in India is India-specific unfortunately, with a strong lobby group of influential abusive money-lenders in some states.

https://yourstory.com/2014/01/ujjivan?utm_pageloadtype=scroll

I think you need to get your eyes checked. You are quoting 2015 data as latest data in 2020.The Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan was launched on 2nd October 2014.show us the 2019 or 2020 data.

Yes please ignore this dummy's antics....let him stew.

I have posted 2017 data (from 2019 UNICEF excel sheet) that already showed big change already multiple times...liar will skirt around that:

https://data.unicef.org/topic/water-and-sanitation/hygiene/

ODF.jpg

In exact same june 2019 report (with 2017 data), this dummy will never answer why basic hygiene rate of BD is 35% compared to India's 60% in 2017:

hyg.jpg

Imagine having 100% coverage of toilets (supposedly) but only 1/3rd of people using water and soap after it.

Hard, probably impossible to find another country with that level of difference between these two numbers (35% and 100%)

Something surely doesn't add up so much of the time (in rush to produce some specific number for print media + NGO stronking + "alt-leftie-dweeb development stronk!")....its nearly always the case when you dig into anything data-wise with BD...especially if there is multi-data that logically ought to cross-correlate well.

One would similarly think for example if their GDP per capita is close to India's...they would have similar electric light intensity as seen from space (both level and trend). But nope!

Any of this is given to this dummy, he squeals aaaaaaay sanghi, bania, etc etc (picking on poor honest BD) and far worse language than that.

Then he comes in here to seek more of these smacks again after I and others grew weary of giving them repeatedly. Maybe he got used to it heh.

But no no no no no 50% defecation, cuz feelz! Muh NGO stronk with muh 1/3rd basic hygiene.

Anyway enough of that, here is report from this year from UNICEF if you are interested:

https://www.unicef.org/evaldatabase/files/20.01.29_National_Economic_Impact_Evaluation_of_SBM_.pdf

I have posted 2017 data (from 2019 UNICEF excel sheet) that already showed big change already multiple times...liar will skirt around that:

View attachment 642018

In exact same june 2019 report (with 2017 data), this dummy will never answer why basic hygiene rate of BD is 35% compared to India's 60% in 2017:

View attachment 642020

Imagine having 100% coverage of toilets (supposedly) but only 1/3rd of people using water and soap after it.

Hard, probably impossible to find another country with that level of difference between these two numbers (35% and 100%)

Something surely doesn't add up so much of the time (in rush to produce some specific number for print media + NGO stronking + "alt-leftie-dweeb development stronk!")....its nearly always the case when you dig into anything data-wise with BD...especially if there is multi-data that logically ought to cross-correlate well.

One would similarly think for example if their GDP per capita is close to India's...they would have similar electric light intensity as seen from space (both level and trend). But nope!

Any of this is given to this dummy, he squeals aaaaaaay sanghi, bania, etc etc (picking on poor honest BD) and far worse language than that.

Then he comes in here to seek more of these smacks again after I and others grew weary of giving them repeatedly. Maybe he got used to it heh.

But no no no no no 50% defecation, cuz feelz! Muh NGO stronk with muh 1/3rd basic hygiene.

Anyway enough of that, here is report from this year from UNICEF if you are interested:

https://www.unicef.org/evaldatabase/files/20.01.29_National_Economic_Impact_Evaluation_of_SBM_.pdf

Tamil Sanghi tries his best to put down Bangladeshis. However, data from World Bank shows open defecation rate in Bangladesh as 0% while India at 26%.

Long Definition: People practicing open defecation refers to the percentage of the population defecating in the open, such as in fields, forest, bushes, open bodies of water, on beaches, in other open spaces or disposed of with solid waste.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.ODFC.ZS?end=2017&locations=BD-IN&start=2000&view=chart

PS - why did you delete that hate filled post against me a week or so ago?

View attachment 642018

View attachment 642020

i think this should be enough .

Do you have any data or statistics for this?
By the way,

Here is the latest UNICEF data on open defecation, since Sanghis are so bent on everything being so 'Mahaan' under Gujarati Sanghi rule. I am perfectly willing to call Bangladesh a dump if it qualifies, why can't that be the same in India for some things. But since the Sanghi asked for proof - here it is. India's open defecation rate is still 40% while Bangladesh is zero. We did it in fifteen years, thanks to our NGO's.

OD-SanitationEstimates.png

http://www.unicefrosa-progressreport.org/opendefecation.html
So you don't have data to support your assertion. You said 50% but the data you posted says 40% which itself is very outdated.

Your post leads to two potential scenarios:

1. You were either ignorant of the data and made the number up
2. You knew the data and yet you lied

All the while knowingly posting grossly outdated data (from 2015) considering GoI launched a program and completed it from 2014 to 2019. Clearly you knew that because you focused on sanitation which has been a major theme of the current Government.

Either way, I think it's safe to conclude you have no integrity.

However, data from World Bank shows open defecation rate in Bangladesh as 0% while India at 26%.

Long Definition: People practicing open defecation refers to the percentage of the population defecating in the open, such as in fields, forest, bushes, open bodies of water, on beaches, in other open spaces or disposed of with solid waste.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.ODFC.ZS?end=2017&locations=BD-IN&start=2000&view=chart
This data is for 2017. We need new data as the Swach Bharat program ended in 2019. The next closest is going to be Census 2021 or UN/WB. Whichever comes sooner.

@Soumitra this thread attracts way too many persistent idiots lol. You sure must have done a number on these numbskulls all over the place lol.

One such bart simpson guy:

A) Quotes as "data from World Bank"...not noticing underlying source: WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme ( JMP ) for Water Supply and Sanitation

B) Doesn't seem to get this is just posting 2000 and then 2017 data and simple interpolation of connecting endpoints (hence the discrepancy with JMP own reports regarding years in between). Hence why its different if you use world bank archive for 2000/2015 earlier (given 2015 report end point had 40%).

C) Seems to have missed out 26% is big difference from 50%-feelings of his comrade already (no calling out of comrade for that....just Tamil Sanghi trying his best :cry:, that too forget its 2017 data and 2 - 3 more years have elapsed)

D) Seems to have not read one iota of JMP/WASH programs and where they also take survey data from:

cov.jpg

(2015 JMP/WASH data correlates too)

Because mere emotional driven copy paste gotcha stronk!

E) We all know what it would be doing and spouting here if India had posted a 100% ODF rate but 35% basic hygiene rate in same 2017 data. Fake data, fake news, waaah waaaaah. But glorious shonar data dissonance gets a pass....no sanghi drama there to croc-tear and whine 24/7 all the time after all.

Honestly dude @Soumitra you must enjoy posting to these idiots too much lol. Enjoy it man. Tag me later if something from a worthy comes up though.

We need new data as the Swach Bharat program ended in 2019.

Yes it will be arriving soon, hence why I posted link to UNICEF/PwC jan 2020 report preliminary analysis (on results) for major WASH/JMP report coming later.

@Soumitra this thread attracts way too many persistent idiots lol. You sure must have done a number on these numbskulls all over the place lol.

One such bart simpson guy:

A) Quotes as "data from World Bank"...not noticing underlying source: WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme ( JMP ) for Water Supply and Sanitation

B) Doesn't seem to get this is just posting 2000 and then 2017 data and simple interpolation of connecting endpoints (hence the discrepancy with JMP own reports regarding years in between). Hence why its different if you use world bank archive for 2000/2015 earlier (given 2015 report end point had 40%).

C) Seems to have missed out 26% is big difference from 50%-feelings of his comrade already (no calling out of comrade for that....just Tamil Sanghi trying his best :cry:, that too forget its 2017 data and 2 - 3 more years have elapsed)

D) Seems to have not read one iota of JMP/WASH programs and where they also take survey data from:

View attachment 642033

(2015 JMP/WASH data correlates too)

Because mere emotional driven copy paste gotcha stronk!

E) We all know what it would be doing and spouting here if India had posted a 100% ODF rate but 35% basic hygiene rate in same 2017 data. Fake data, fake news, waaah waaaaah. But glorious shonar data dissonance gets a pass....no sanghi drama there to croc-tear and whine 24/7 all the time after all.

Honestly dude @Soumitra you must enjoy posting to these idiots too much lol. Enjoy it man. Tag me later if something from a worthy comes up though.

Yes it will be arriving soon, hence why I posted link to UNICEF/PwC jan 2020 report preliminary analysis (on results) for major WASH/JMP report coming later.

Aww.....Tamil Sanghi needs the support structure of another Sanghi to elucidate what he cannot say directly. Must be related to something I once read about wolves and hunting and packs.

In any case, Tamil Sanghi has been unable to dispute that the World Bank data shows that Bangladesh has an open defecation rate of 0% while India is at 26%. So much for his emotional saffron stronk blah blah.

while India is at 26%

I don't think GoI has been honest when it declared India ODF in 2019. Whenever the data does come, I don't think it will be 0% as there have been many anecdotal cases of people practising OD.

I do think there is going to be a massive drop in OD but not to zero. Really hoping that the jal ministry is able to focus now on bringing tap water to every home. These basics have been missing in India for so long.

@jamahir Bhai - here is another article I found that describes why Microcredit succeeds in some cases in India and in some cases does not.

This is what I derive from the article :

It is a myth that poor people want free or subsidized services. They just want the access to financial services which is available to everyone at the same price because the only other option of going to a money lender is more expensive.
Why only the poor, I as a middle class person too want free services like healthcare, electricity, water, housing, communication, basic food, public transport etc

Because of the superior attitude, policy makers and bankers offer to provide solution to poor people whereas it has to come from them. We have failed from the time when we nationalized the Imperial Bank of India in 1955.
Samit Ghosh seems to have a problem with nationalization. Well, a bank - which should be just one for a country and a public one - should exist only to provide a savings account ( in my idea a "Social Credits" score like the one being implemented in China ), then a digital method of downloading and uploading those Social Credits into e-wallets, then lastly be an agency of providing interest-free loans for those things that are not free services. So just three banking services instead of the various "products" provided by private and public banks.

Also, SKS microfinance had received investments from Sequoia Capital which makes Ujjivan their second investment in Indian microfinance industry.”
The article is from 2014 ( Google the article ). For its role in farmer suicide and general distress, by now SKS should have been shut down and its directors and some of its field agents arrested. But sadly that is not the case. And why ? Because India is the most capitalist country in the world. No socio-economic justice. The article is from 2014 and only during / after 2015 it was found that just between 1995 and 2015 more than 300,000 farmers had committed suicide.

We are an extremely transparent organization, both internally and externally. We try to be as equitable as possible. Our employees receive bonus/ESOPs based on their performance and not mere ranks.
The underlined word sounds ominous. "Performance" mainly means collection of loan repayment. The field agents are aggressive and are the main reason for the suicides. I will quote one example. One woman farmer was unable to repay so the agent told the woman to jump into the village pond if she cannot repay and the next morning the woman jumped.

Over-borrowing

That term is called "multiple borrowing" in the article I quoted in my previous post. I quote again :
Kulkarni, from MAKAAM, agrees. "Microfinance institutions have been aggressively targeting women in the most vulnerable regions of the state and often encourage women to make multiple borrowings. What makes women even more vulnerable is that they have very little state support on healthcare, food security and pension."
Banking rules do not allow farmers who have running loans to borrow more credit. Hence, indebted families in need of credit often push female farmers to take loans, pushing them deeper into the vicious debt cycle that is now so common across this western Indian region.

In Bangladesh - loans can be re-scheduled in case of natural disaster and has been, especially in light of present Covid-19 situation.
That is good but the entire system of micro-credit or micro-finance does not really bring people out of poverty. That is my belief and that is also what that my quoted article says :
The local head of government, Amravati's collector, Shailesh Nawal, said that they have contributed to indebtedness in the region. "Since microfinance loans are easily available, these loans are spent on non-productive usage, like domestic expenses or repayment of other loans. As a result, they don’t lead to income-generation and hence, don't help in the long run."
"There are villages where every woman has loans against her name. The borrowing is pushing women deeper into the debt trap in a way that we might soon see more women killing themselves in the future than men," said Bais.

Why only the poor, I as a middle class person too want free services like healthcare, electricity, water, housing, communication, basic food, public transport etc
No surprise there. A commie freeloader like you will want everything free.

Kaam dhaam karna nahi hai, muft ki roti todni hai.

It is guys like you who are a drain on the economy.

No surprise there. A commie freeloader like you will want everything free.

I only asked for the basic facilities to be free. Not everything. Read about my mention of "Social Credits".

Kaam dhaam karna nahi hai, muft ki roti todni hai.

It is guys like you who are a drain on the economy.

Yeah, as against very useful guys like G.D.Bakshi, Lt.Col.Purohit and the typical IT / ITES bunch ( males ).

By the way, are you side-jobbing as a field agent of SKS microfinance ? Going to farmers and forcing them to commit suicide ?

I only asked for the basic facilities to be free. Not everything. Read about my mention of "Social Credits".

Obviously a commie like you will side with the Chinese.

You must be enjoying what is happening in Ladakh

By the way, are you side-jobbing as a field agent of SKS microfinance ? Going to farmers and forcing them to commit suicide ?

No thank you. I don't need to do it.

BTW I appreciate the job of going to farmers and collecting the debt. Nothing should be free. If you take a loan you need to repay it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom