What's new

Indonesia Aerospace will provide more than 50 million USD engineering service (design and analysts work) for Boeing Aerospace

Indos

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Indonesia Aerospace not only sells complete plane, but also sells plane parts (aerostructure), MRO of plane and turbine, and engineering service.

Indonesia Aerospace has more than 4000 employee where 700 of them are engineers. Based on the MOU, the engineering service Indonesia Aerospace would provide to Boeing will employ 300 Indonesian Aerospace engineers.

The amount of engineering service for Boeing according to Indonesian Aerospace Production Director is expected to reach more than 50 million USD. This is according to him is long term contract for at least a year with employ 300 Indonesian Aerospace engineers.

(My speculation is that it is detail design work package which usually employ hundreds of design engineers and will be completed for about a year)

Source in Indonesia, interview with Indonesian Aerospace production director in CNBC Indonesia

It is also stated in Presidential Youtube channel although in general term only.

Last edited:
Indonesian Aerospace subsidiary company in USA

---------------------------------

1667543753456.png

1667543770522.png

1667543789352.png

1667543970782.png

bro @Bilal9

Does Boeing have plan to develop new turboprop plane from scratch?

I get the feeling employing 300 Indonesian design engineers must be related to new Boeing program.

Example of Indonesian Aerospace engineering service export

TAI official stated contribution of Indonesian Aerospace engineer in designing Hurkus

1667553618036.png

bro @Bilal9

Does Boeing have plan to develop new turboprop plane from scratch?

I get the feeling employing 300 Indonesian design engineers must be related to new Boeing program.

It can also be related to possible join program of Indonesian Aerospace-Boeing to develop wing man drone for Indonesia future KF21 squadrons. Just my speculations.......

Other possible project (Indonesian Aerospace official did talk about Military products about this cooperation with Boeing)

Join program to make bigger turboprop plane in the class of C295 and using CN 235 as basis (Indonesian Aerospace has IP right on CN235), this then can be used by both Indonesian and US Air Force.

We will see what will be happening next

Indonesian Aerospace Export 2015-2019

1667565584580.png

MOU

1667578003557.png

Boeing and Indonesia's 73-year partnership includes programs and services that enhance national security priorities, foster economic development, and build stronger communities," said Heidi Grant, Boeing President for Business Development, Defense, Aerospace & Security, and Government Services. .

Last edited:
Getting 50 million USD engineering services revenue will be quite good for the company, until they have decided to make new project by their own. Retaining those design engineers will not become a burden despite there are no new project going on that requires many engineers.

Current program

1. N219 program is completed and start being produced (11 planes have just being ordered by private sector in Indo Defense event this November)

2. KF21/IFX program has already been in flight testing phase and so far the result is good AlhamduliLLAH.

3. N219 Amphibious program design is near or already in completion.

4. MALE UCAV Elang Hitam design has been completed as well, prototype has been made. Currently under testing phase already.

-----------------------------

Thus those Indonesian Aerospace design engineers can be used to do major work design package like detail design phase that usually need one until two hundred design engineers.

The profit retain can be useful to do another new drone or plane program. I hope new government push R80 program and collaborate with Ilham Habibie company, PT Regio Aviasi, and make bigger turboprop plane

MOU

View attachment 893109

Boeing and Indonesia's 73-year partnership includes programs and services that enhance national security priorities, foster economic development, and build stronger communities," said Heidi Grant, Boeing President for Business Development, Defense, Aerospace & Security, and Government Services. .

This post I have posted I get from the picture and comment from Indonesian media, but it is end up wrong. This picture and MOU is related to Lockheed Martin and Indonesian Aerospace MOU, not Boeing-Indonesian Aerospace MOU as the topic of this thread.

----------------------------------

Source

1667717281480.png

According to Indonesian Aerospace Director, the cooperation is not new. The start of Indonesian Aerospace engineer contribution in engineering service (design) for Boeing product is around 25 years ago. Indonesian aerospace design engineers were helping Boeing 737 program during that period in design works.

In term of part manufacturing, Indonesian Aerospace is part of supply chain of Boeing 737 and Boeing 787.

All information is based on continued Interview with Indonesian Aerospace Production Director, Batara Silaban.

Last edited:
I hope we can get this one

Indonesian Aerospace CEO statement about the project. The statement is made recently during discussion about Aerospace Avionics development.

Indonesian Aerospace (PT Dirgantara Indonesia/PT. DI)

Indonesian Aerospace CEO :

"PT.DI urges the government to create a Boeing design center, Boeing design center is a boeing design facility at PT.DI where boeing provides engineering work in the form of design & analysis, and in that work, PT.DI can collaborate with engineers from universities and private.

"Boeing's assessment results on the design center proposal are positive, PT.DI gets a Lv 3 certificate design delegation for structure & avionics, meaning that PT.DI is legal to do structural and avionics design work from boeing"

We will see whether Indonesian Aerospace will become one of design centers of Boeing or not this year or next year.

If the company is selected, then it will be big news for Indonesian Aerospace industry.

We will see whether Indonesian Aerospace will become one of design centers of Boeing or not this year or next year.

If the company is selected, then it will be big news for Indonesian Aerospace industry.
Selecting Indonesian Aerospace as one of Boeing Design Centers in my opinion is very low in probability, it is also due to the fact that Boeing has already had Boeing Australia as well.

Despite that, Boeing does consider Indonesian Aerospace as one of their potential Design center by seeing their team does come to Indonesian Aerospace and made assessment.

One of the main reasons Boeing wants to set up another Design Center is to replace their Design Center in Moscow, Russia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom