What's new

Indonesian defense equipment and arms exports

Sabtu, 16 Mei 2020 19:20 WIB

Senegal Buy Indonesian Aircraft CN 235, Again

pemerintah_senegal.jpeg

The Senegalese government for the third time has purchased a CN-235 unit made by PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI). The Senegalese government will use the Indonesian-made aircraft as a maritime patrol aircraft.

The signing of the agreement to purchase the CN-235 aircraft was carried out in the Capital City of Dakar, Saturday, May 16, 2020. Present representatives of PTDI and AD Trade companies from Belgium representing the Senegalese government as credit funders. Such is the written statement of the Indonesian Embassy in Dakar.

In early March 2020, Senegal’s Minister of Planning Dr. Cheikh Kante together with the Indonesian Ambassador to Senegal Mansyur Pangeran paid a working visit to PTDI in Bandung. The visit was to witness firsthand the process of the final stages of the CN-235 aircraft ordered by Senegal.

While at PTDI, Minister Cheikh Kante expressed his pleasure and admiration to see the development of CN-235 orders. Workmanship has reached 80 percent. It is expected that the aircraft can be sent to Senegal around August-September 2020.

According to Cheikh Kante, Indonesia has now developed into a developed country in Asia. Among other things through increased development and technological progress. One of them is in the field of aircraft manufacturing and weapon industry.

“Therefore, it is appropriate that Senegal makes Indonesia a role model for increasing cooperation between the two countries. Especially in the field of infrastructure and industrial development. Which later is expected to give birth to technology transfer from Indonesia to Senegal, “he said.

CN-235 aircraft is considered very good to be used for a variety of practical flight missions. Both for domestic flights with short flight distances and for interstate flights in the West Africa Sub-Region.

Maximum Fly for 11 hours

According to Ambassador Mansyur, CND-235 made by PTDI could be used to carry out humanitarian programs. Like the distribution of food ingredients to remote and dry areas. These areas do not have transportation networks and airfields and for medical evacuation missions.

The aircraft, which can fly for a maximum of 11 hours without interruption, is capable of carrying cargo items weighing 4.7 tons and 36 passengers.

The CN-235 can also land and take off on short runways. Including in the grass field, dirt field, as well as in the rock ground (gravel) less than 600 meters.

This aircraft can be used for maritime patrol missions, medical evacuations, the deployment of armed forces. Also military and civilian interests, as well as for personal interests.

“In addition, the interior of the CN-235 aircraft can be changed easily and quickly to be used as a presidential VVIP aircraft. As is used by Senegal today, “Ambassador Mansyur said. (yos)

https://www.antaranews.com/berita/1...linya-senegal-beli-pesawat-cn-235-buatan-ptdi

Alhamdulillah. This new CN 235 contract, even though only for one plane, at least will be a relieve from the worry that CN 235 production process could possibly be stopped. Other production facility in the company which is NC212i is relatively quite safe due to contract signed last year to produce 9 planes. N 219 program also already has fix contract for 4 planes that can be followed by production work right after the certification process is inshaAllah completed this year.

As I said in other thread previously, government should buy up to 2-3 CN 235 for MPA and ASW role as measure to keep CN 235 production facility running amid lack of weakening international demand due to Covid 19 outbreak effect. Indonesia, anyway, still lacks of MPA planes and so far we dont have any ASW planes despite the fact that we are archipelago countries with has vast sea to protect.

For longer term, PTDI needs to develop N 245 to get more sales from civilian market. It is, anyhow, difficult to rely on military market since the demand is not really big there, civilian plane is the future for PTDI to grow their business.

There is rumors said by our defense journalist on his tweet that Thailand is expected to sign another contract for NC212i soon.

There is rumors said by our defense journalist on his tweet that Thailand is expected to sign another contract for NC212i soon.

As-salamu alaykum brother. You tagged me a few days ago in the thread relating to a Chinese Professor using vulgar language when referring to Pakistan and other Muslim countries. Unfortunately, that thread was closed by the moderators hence I am responding to you here.

Sorry, I was busy doing Ibadah during Ramadan and cut all social activity. The video is an old one and he was rude which baffles me why such a man was given a teaching position in one of China's prestigious Universities. People like him disgust me because they live inside a bubble and they don't know the true ground realities of Xinjiang. A problem exists between the Han and Uyghur and its the Govt's duty to find a solution. Money doesn't solve everything and history has taught us this.

As-salamu alaykum brother. You tagged me a few days ago in the thread relating to a Chinese Professor using vulgar language when referring to Pakistan and other Muslim countries. Unfortunately, that thread was closed by the moderators hence I am responding to you here.

Sorry, I was busy doing Ibadah during Ramadan and cut all social activity. The video is an old one and he was rude which baffles me why such a man was given a teaching position in one of China's prestigious Universities. People like him disgust me because they live inside a bubble and they don't know the true ground realities of Xinjiang. A problem exists between the Han and Uyghur and its the Govt's duty to find a solution. Money doesn't solve everything and history has taught us this.

Walaikum Salam brother Rasengan. Yup I need to bring you on the discussion since many Pakistani member dont understand Mandarin. Foxtrot Alpha has also explained the meaning. Thank you very much for your comment about the video and I think I need to tag @waz here, so that he can get second opinion from Pakistani who understand Mandarin.

Walaikum Salam brother Rasengan. Yup I need to bring you on the discussion since many Pakistani member dont understand Mandarin. Foxtrot Alpha has also explained the meaning. Thank you very much for your comment about the video and I think I need to tag @waz here, so that he can get second opinion from Pakistani who understand Mandarin.

Foxtrot Alpha translation wasn't wrong although my Mandarin level is basic. But the Professor should speak more respectfully when referring to Pakistan. We are a major ally of China and our contribution has led to the stability of Xinjiang so he shouldn't regard us in a negative light. The rest of his speech was on point. Xinjiang does have some historic ties to China and its rich in resources. I hope your Ramadan was fruitful in Ibadah.

Another positive news that has possibility to really happen. Indonesian state owned shipbuilding, PT PAL, is said by the news as the winner of LPD ship tender in Philippine. There is requirement to provide 2 LPD ships for Philippine Navy that is currently undergoing tender process.

Philippine is also seen as having quite ambitious plan for their navy and also has plan to build their Navy aviation force, opportunity for Indonesian Aerospace to offer CN 235, NC 212i, and N 219 planes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 25, 2020

"Two more strategic sealift vessels are also planned and will be awarded to an Indonesian supplier, which already delivered two ships – the BRP Davao del Sur and BRP Tarlac. The two ships will cost P5.5 billion."

"The Navy also plans to build an aviation force with 34 planes and helicopters, including vertical takeoff and landing drones, designed for surveillance and anti-submarine warfare. Shore-to-ship and shore-to-air missile batteries are also planned."

https://www.onenews.ph/navy-plans-5...laims-on-disputed-seas-brp-jose-rizal-arrives

Last edited:
Second Senegal CN 235 order seen in PTDI latest twitter post. Engine has been put into the airframe.

EY_GCCYU4AEtzYz

I hope they can finish the manufacturing of the plane somewhere in this year.

There is no news about 2 Malaysian CN 235 MPA conversion program that will be done by PTDI. With the latest intrusion and harassment Chinese warship did to Malaysian survey vessel in SCS, I think Malaysia should prioritize the conversion program as soon as possible.

According to him Today, the contract has been signed for one NC212i

Back
Top Bottom