What's new

Featured Iran can begin exporting/importing weapons from Sunday

Philosopher

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN (defapress) – Iran will be able to freely sell and buy weapons as of October 18, as the UN arms embargo will be terminated under the 2015 nuclear deal, President Hassan Rouhani said.

Iran Can Begin Free Arms Trade on Sunday
Speaking at a cabinet session on Wednesday, Rouhani congratulated the Iranian nation on the termination of the arms embargo that would take effect on coming Sunday.

“As of Sunday, we’ll be able to sell our weapons to whoever we’d like, and buy arms from anybody we’d want,” he said, adding that Iran struggled for four years for the termination of the embargo.
The US made every effort to impede the removal of the arms embargo on Iran, but the Iranian nation’s resistance yielded results, he added.

The president also reminded the critics of the JCPOA that the termination of the arms embargo on Iran is one of the results of the nuclear deal.

The US suffered an embarrassing diplomatic defeat in August when the United Nations Security Council rejected a proposal to indefinitely extend the arms ban.
The embargo on conventional arms is due to expire on October 18 under the terms of a resolution that blessed the Iran nuclear deal, signed in July 2015 and officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.

I hope the first thing they do is buy new jets , get Su-30 or J-10's from China , IRAF needs new and capable fighter jets ..
As much as I would love to see Iranian Su-30SMEs or Su-35SEs flying, with the US developing several conventional and low-yield nuclear-capable hypersonic weapons, and (Iranian) airbases becoming more and more vulnerable, I hope the Iranians think long-term and won't make a big purchase for their air force. Instead, they should invest that money in the Russian S-500 system, if they can get their hands on it, and in their own domestic HGV development program(s).

As much as I would love to see Iranian Su-30SMEs or Su-35SEs flying, with the US developing several conventional and low-yield nuclear-capable hypersonic weapons, and (Iranian) airbases becoming more and more vulnerable, I hope the Iranians think long-term and won't make a big purchase for their air force. Instead, they should invest that money in the Russian S-500 system, if they can get their hands on it, and in their own domestic HGV development program(s).

I do to, but most of it i want to see a modern Armed forces of Iran, because the threat level for them is far greater, and no matter how much they spend on defense it will never be enough, but modern Air forces with smart bombs and even Nuclear Missiles, that will ensure their survival .

Iran 1- 0 US.

The lifting of this embargo will change the regional dynamics. Iran is a military beast even without foreign weapons...an Iran with Russian and Chinese weapons(at least) will mean a force multiplier effect on its military power and standing.

Is the $400 billion China investment deal been approved and signed by Iran or is that still work in progress?

Sell ADS to Syria, along with tanks and fighters.

Yes, first thing Iran has to do is not purchasing systems, it's selling (or giving free) AD systems to Syria.
And second, Irak.

Yemen is in a critical situation, but I think it's not possible to OPENLY sell anything (or giving free) without breaking open war with Saudi Arabia and friends.

Iraq under Adil Abdul-Mahdi would probably buy Iranian weapons. I doubt Mustafa Al-Kadhimi would buy Iranian weapons. Shia forces serving Baghdad have accused Mustafa of being partly behind the killing of Soleimani and of being a US agent.

Selling weapons isn’t the problem. Getting the funds transferred is the problem.

And Syria is broke, so not sure how will they pay for weapons. Iraq is a potential client as well as Venezuela (another financially strapped country).

Overall while the demand for Iranian weapons could be significant. Many countries with relations with the West will avoid financing the deals u it great if secondary sanctions.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom