What's new

Journey of a Long Course Pass out.

Muhammad Owais 1999

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Assalam o Alaikum members,
I am applying for LC 145 and am very excited to start a career at PAK army.
However I have a few questions that need to be cleared.

1) Do I get to pick which corps I will be going into?
2) If I pick a corps like Air Defense, will I be mostly posted in peaceful areas where family accommodation is available?
3) How much time does it take for a 2nd Lieutenant to become captain, than major and so on.
4) Will I be able to get married right after my completion of LC?

*I know we have to make sacrifices in the army and I am willing to do so but it's a bit difficult for me to spend most of my time away from my family.

Kindly share your opinions and experiences

Assalam o Alaikum members,
I am applying for LC 145 and am very excited to start a career at PAK army.
However I have a few questions that need to be cleared.

1) Do I get to pick which corps I will be going into?
2) If I pick a corps like Air Defense, will I be mostly posted in peaceful areas where family accommodation is available?
3) How much time does it take for a 2nd Lieutenant to become captain, than major and so on.
4) Will I be able to get married right after my completion of LC?

*I know we have to make sacrifices in the army and I am willing to do so but it's a bit difficult for me to spend most of my time away from my family.

Kindly share your opinions and experiences
Congratulations! Do remember there is a long distance between applying and getting recommended and finally selected. Then there is two years training. Best wishes.
1) You can give choice of arm but it is not necessary that you get your first choice. However, if you perform very good and come in top 10 or 15 then you can get even unit of your own choice.
2) Being part of any particular arm does not grantee you to be at a family station all the times. But in infantry you are likely to suffer more in this respect.
3) I believe it is 3 year including ante date seniority to be a Capt, about 7 years for being Maj, 18 years for Lt Col, 23 /25 years for col and Brig. But service limit from Maj onward keep changing slightly depending service requirements.
4) You can marry right after your passing out but you will get family benefits after 5 or 6 years of service or 26 years of age, whichever comes earlier.

Thanks, one more question tho.
Generally, how often do guys spend time away from their spouses?
(Other than infantry)

Lol... And what about the second spouse?

They should select a soldier as life partner after considering such possible issues. Anyways its not that a big issue, not much different than other professions. If you feel so concerned then still you have time to reconsider :man_in_love:.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom