What's new

Members Interview: Niaz

@WAJsal I and others on PDF would certainly appreciate interviews of erudite PDF bloggers like @Joe Shearer @blain2 @Xeric and @Kaptaan

I am not fit to polish the shoes of Niaz Sahib. I agree with your other choices, though.

Speechless. What an honor and pleasure to read and have Sir Niaz on this forum. have bookmarked this to read again and again.

Thank you.

@WAJsal i would love to see Sir
@Joe Shearer get interviewed next.

My sincere thanks. But this level, Niaz Sahib's level, is several levels above me.

Speechless. What an honor and pleasure to read and have Sir Niaz on this forum. have bookmarked this to read again and again.

Thank you.

@WAJsal i would love to see Sir
@Joe Shearer get interviewed next.

Yes I also professionals like @Joe Shearer should be next along with our other think tanks. Could learn a lot from them and always a delight to read their posts.

@WAJsal great interview. @niazi posts are those where irrespective of the topic you stop and read it thoroughly no matter how long bcz you will always learn something. Massive realist and his posts on discovery of natural resources are great.

I have often stated that those that were there in that time, place and country know more about that time, place and country than those that were not.

nice thread... it was a bit long for people like me(with short attention span)...

Yes I also professionals like @Joe Shearer should be next along with our other think tanks. Could learn a lot from them and always a delight to read their posts.

@WAJsal great interview. @niazi posts are those where irrespective of the topic you stop and read it thoroughly no matter how long bcz you will always learn something. Massive realist and his posts on discovery of natural resources are great.

How I wish you were right, and that I was fit material for an interview, or to be mentioned in the same breath as Niaz Sahib. Let me put you to an infallible test; read a post by Niaz Sahib, any post, and then read mine. You will see why he is on a level of his own.

@WAJsal
@Zaki (strictly in alphabetical order!)

Words fail me. One of the most heart-warming pieces to have read, about a gentleman and an officer of the old school. Thank the blue sky above that he is still there to nudge us into line, to chastise our stupid moments, to gently lead us back into reason and logic, to tell us with unflinching truthfulness but with affection where we fall short, to show us what we can still do.

A single post by him is worth a whole brangling thread by the rest of us.

Please, Sirs, I want more (but please also ignore the misguided who have suggested unsuitable names; only Pakistani members should be interviewed, IMHO).

I am not fit to polish the shoes of Niaz Sahib. I agree with your other choices, though.

My sincere thanks. But this level, Niaz Sahib's level, is several levels above me.
@Joe Shearer My dear chap you are way too modest and most certainly one of the brightest bloggers on PDF, no question about it.Kudos sir.

@Joe Shearer My dear chap you are way too modest and most certainly one of the brightest bloggers on PDF, no question about it.Kudos sir.

An additional thing to be considered is that it is appropriate to select Pakistani members of eminence first, to be interviewed. I think that should come first; guests can be taken up, if they deserve it, later.

Just think of the positive influence of one interview with Niaz Sahib. Isn't it worth it to go on, on the same lines?

I say this with the utmost sincerity and strength of feeling. That is not to say that I do not very humbly thank those of you who have mentioned me, even though I disagree strongly.

How I wish you were right, and that I was fit material for an interview, or to be mentioned in the same breath as Niaz Sahib. Let me put you to an infallible test; read a post by Niaz Sahib, any post, and then read mine. You will see why he is on a level of his own.

I believe that each has his own story to share and teach. No doubt Niaz sahib is a level above many many posters here but in my personal view many posters hold their own expertise and knowledge and experience that others do not possess and together fill the gaps. For example @pakistani342 has amazing insight in afpak relations and he calls spade to spade highlighting the issues both nations have eith each other. He is another poster whose posts I always read.m bcz they carry great insight to the afpak problems and relations that many others lack.
Words fail me. One of the most heart-warming pieces to have read, about a gentleman and an officer of the old school. Thank the blue sky above that he is still there to nudge us into line, to chastise our stupid moments, to gently lead us back into reason and logic, to tell us with unflinching truthfulness but with affection where we fall short, to show us what we can still do.

There is not a word in that entire interview that I would disagree with. Everything is the blunt truth and he has very distinctly highlighted the two stages ( extremely different from each other) that Pakistan went through. The ore islamization period and post. Result is that the very same mullahs who hated Pakistan have hijacked it and I have seen islamists here stating that our founder wanted a no non Muslim land ignoring the speeches well recorded where he highlights minorities. Anyhow it was an amazing interview.
A single post by him is worth a whole brangling thread by the rest of us.

Please, Sirs, I want more (but please also ignore the misguided who have suggested unsuitable names; only Pakistani members should be interviewed, IMHO

Can't disagree with that.

Completely disagreed.

Utterly disagreed. To make a rule where only Pakistani members are interviewed would blatantly and openly be akin to spiting on the efforts and knowledge shared here by our non Pakistani residents. An interview of esteemed members does not see distinction of countries.

An additional thing to be considered is that it is appropriate to select Pakistani members of eminence first, to be interviewed. I think that should come first; guests can be taken up, if they deserve it, later.
Irrespective of what side of the Radcliffe line one belongs too, if they have something informative to say, I for one would definitely like to here their stories.Kudos Joe

I believe that each has his own story to share and teach. No doubt Niaz sahib is a level above many many posters here but in my personal view many posters hold their own expertise and knowledge and experience that others do not possess and together fill the gaps. For example @pakistani342 has amazing insight in afpak relations and he calls spade to spade highlighting the issues both nations have eith each other. He is another poster whose posts I always read.m bcz they carry great insight to the afpak problems and relations that many others lack.

There is not a word in that entire interview that I would disagree with. Everything is the blunt truth and he has very distinctly highlighted the two stages ( extremely different from each other) that Pakistan went through. The ore islamization period and post. Result is that the very same mullahs who hated Pakistan have hijacked it and I have seen islamists here stating that our founder wanted a no non Muslim land ignoring the speeches well recorded where he highlights minorities. Anyhow it was an amazing interview.

Can't disagree with that.

Completely disagreed.

Utterly disagreed. To make a rule where only Pakistani members are interviewed would blatantly and openly be akin to spiting on the efforts and knowledge shared here by our non Pakistani residents. An interview of esteemed members does not see distinction of countries

It is good to see the candour and lucid transparency of your views; although I might quibble with one detail or the other, I cannot help gaining great comfort from the spirit displayed.

I will make it a point to follow @pakistani342 in future, once I start following the mails here regularly, once again; unfortunately, a mixture of discouragement and plain struggle for existence has kept me off PDF for several weeks.

From a private comment by an esteemed member

When the forum had become a picnic garden for useless, hateful, abusive, incendiary comments, this thread of Niaj Sir's point of views on several chapters of Pakistan's history and present scenario came as a fresh air from the mountains.

Source: https://defence.pk/...

Very well said. The member's place of origin is evident in his rendition of the interviewee's name.

Thank you, @Zaki ; thank you, @WAJsal .

Other than @Joe Shearer @blain2 @Xeric, I would request to include @Solomon2, @Syed.Ali.Haider to list. They maybe controversial and most of the time people don't agree with them but still there is a lot which we can learn from them. I personally appreciate them for their ability to keep cool and being respectful despite being ridiculed, I am trying to adopt this great characteristic of them.

Last edited:

Honourable Joe Shearer.

I am humbled by the praise and the kind words. We are all fallible and unless divinely inspired, mortal humans have weakness and liable to make erroneous judgments.

I am neither humble nor arrogant by nature, but please believe me I am not worthy of the high esteem that you hold me in. I am just a reasonably well educated and well-read person whose views have been tempered by the age and the experience of associating with the intelligent persons of different nationalities; hence I value a compassionate “Human Being” or an exceptionally talented one; higher than a “Pious” one. For example in my opinion, Adus Sattar Edhi, Kailash Satyarthi, Abdus Salam & CV Raman were better human beings than Dalai Lama and Mother Teresa.

In my humble opinion, you are a professional and equal to anyone; if not first among equals; in your field of expertise. It would be an honour and a pleasure to gleam a vista of your life & experience. However, please don’t feel pressurized and if you feel inconvenienced in any way whatsoever, I for one would respect you decision.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom