ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
465719489.jpg

535538732.jpg

481717401.jpg

618443948.jpg

Looks pretty decent, is it all Saudi Made or joint venture?

If they make all their military vehicles diesel electric then it will great for them.

Very nice, Saudi have so many MRAPs due to the purpose of IED attacks and ambushes protection.

Saudi has become a powerhouse of MRAP vehicles and armored vehicles, would it available sell to Pakistan?

Nexter ARAVIS MRAP - YouTube

French 4x4 ARAVIS sold to Saudi Arabia

Pakistan seriously need these MRAP to protect from terrorists attacks, this is something we lack.

Mosa, I like it but the engine is far too loud or is that a non-issue ?

Looks pretty decent, is it all Saudi Made or joint venture?

Made by Saudi Groups. The videos are taken from South African testing facility where the company is testing this vehicle in. According to company sources so far 24 countries + the UN have issued a details request for it from the company.

And yes it is ALL Saudi made.

Mosa, I like it but the engine is far too loud or is that a non-issue ?

MRAPs are not exactly designed for Stealth operations.

Al-Masmak Mine Resistant Armoured Personnel carrier

SAUDI GROUPS, a private Saudi Arabian company specialized on military and security systems and after the success in introducing AL-KASER, AL-MANSOUR, AL-NAIF and AL-FAISAL armored personnel carriers (APC) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as well as other GCCC and Middle Eastern Countries with more than 300 APC's currently in use by government entities, SAUDI GROUPS unveiled it's 2011 Mines Resistant Armored Personnel Carrier (MRAPC) called AL-MASMAK.

Variants :

AL-MASMAK versions include Personnel Carriers, Command & Control, Ambulance, Boarders Patrolling, Anti-Hijacking, and can be adapted to any client specific requirements.

Technical data

Armament
In addition to the 12.7mm machine gun turret and the roof-rotated hatch, which is equipped with a 40mm high explosives grenade launcher mounting, AL-MASMAK has 12 firing ports distributed on all sides of the MRAPC.

Protection

AL-MASMAK is the first worldwide 4X4 armored personnel carrier tested up to STANAG 4569 level 4A & 4B mines resistant levels (double anti-tank mine -14 kg of TNT under the hull) and (triple anti-tank mine - 21 kg of TNT under any wheel) and all around ballistics protection up to STANAG 4569 level 3 (7.62 54mm API 890 m/s and 7.62 63mm AP 830 m/s) and equipped with a state of the art complete protected turret with a 12.7mm machinegun mounting including day and night aiming capabilities as well as 4 smoke grenade launchers.

Propulsion

AL-MASMAK is equipped with a very powerful 450 HP diesel engine with a high torque of 1695 N.M and a governed speed of 2200 RPM which can drive the MRAPC up to 150 KPH and 39 HP/Ton power to weight ratio and an operational range of 700 KM which can be extended to 1200 KM. AL-MASMAK capabilities include excellent maneuverability and gradeability up to 70% in forward and 60% on reverse and a 420mm ground clearance as well as up to 1 meter water fording.

Accessories

AL-MASMAK can carry fully equipped nine gunners in addition to the driver and commander (Total 11). AL-MASMAK standard specifications includes a 48,000 BTU Air-Conditioning System, 2 Extract Ventilation Ports, Central Tire Inflating System CIT, Global Positioning System GPS, Radio Integration, Engine, Crew Cabinet and Tires Fire Extinguishing System, Siren and Strobe Lights, Towing Bars, Winch.

Specifications

Armor

STANAG 4569 level 4A & 4B mines resistant levels, all around ballistics protection up to STANAG 4569 level 3

Weight

11,500 kg

Speed

150 km/h

Range

700 km

Dimensions

Lenght, 5,7 m; Width, 2,5 m; Height, 2,44 m

According to it's spec, it's one of the best APC in the world.

Al_Masmak_MRAP_Mine_Resistant_wheeled_Armoured_Personnel_carrier_vehicle_Saudi_Arabia_Defence_Industry_001.jpg

Very nice, Saudi have so many MRAPs due to the purpose of IED attacks and ambushes protection.

Saudi has become a powerhouse of MRAP vehicles and armored vehicles, would it available sell to Pakistan?

Nexter ARAVIS MRAP - YouTube

French 4x4 ARAVIS sold to Saudi Arabia

Pakistan seriously need these MRAP to protect from terrorists attacks, this is something we lack.

We purchased the ARAVIS with ToT for the sole purpose of acquiring the SAFEPRO Armour technology which Nexter have patented which means that KSA companies can employ this tech in any future and current designed armored vehicle without infringement of patent copy rights. Al-MASMAK uses a SAFEPRO 2.1 armor technology which is a Saudi updated version of the technology.

It looks good, i don't know how good compared to other APC's but it looks very nice, how i ever i noticed we are developing too many APC's maybe we should concetrate on two or three of them and work on other things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom