What's new

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tons OPVs launched by Damen

Logically, the Ship is being built as per Pakistan's requirements. Hence I would not be surprised that once the ship is received by PN, it undergoes Weapons and radar fit-out.

We don't have free space in our ship yard all docks have ships in them being built.

The contract was modified to higher weight class.

How many ships are being built by Pakistan in karachi as of now? I don't remember any large number of ships being ordered by Pakistan. The submarine with China has not yet started and the indigenous manufacturing will start only in 2023 when China will deliver 2 submarine. There is not any known order in large numbers that can keep Karachi occupied completely, at least in my knowledge.

Also, Romania has nothing to boast about. Making ships in Romania instead of Karachi is questionable.

How many ships are being built by Pakistan in karachi as of now? I don't remember any large number of ships being ordered by Pakistan. The submarine with China has not yet started and the indigenous manufacturing will start only in 2023 when China will deliver 2 submarine. There is not any known order in large numbers that can keep Karachi occupied completely, at least in my knowledge.

Also, Romania has nothing to boast about. Making ships in Romania instead of Karachi is questionable.

> Karachi shipyard production capacity is limited and occupied ... as new 17000 ton tanker and utility ship have been made

> 2nd question regarding submarine is that first 4 will be made in china and will be delivered by 2023 .. afterwards KSEW will take charge

> 1 ADA class will be made at KSEW

> This OPV is from damen and Damen don't have any manufacturing unit in Pakistan .. So it is made in Romania at DAMEN facility

First of all bro your knowledge is limited because you are from a different country and not Pakistan. Secondly the indigenous production is not limited to only Chinese subs we have other ships that also need to be built. Karachi ship yard is always under constant work load and new shipyards are bening built as well. When I told you there is no free slot in Karachi that means we don't have space it is totally booked.

Romanian shipyard is being used the ship is not Romanian design but ditch design.

@Champion_Usmani the ship is not from any Damen class it is custom built there is no 2300 tons ship design with Damen. The final weight might go higher as weapon system will not be European and will be fitted later on. This is my opinion.

Then we need more dockyards ... these can subsequently be used for construction of merchant ships

More yards are under construction bro. The project have already started for more yards at Gwadar. I post the thread time back bro if you search you will find it.

LAUNCHING CEREMONY OF FIRST CORVETTE VESSEL BUILT FOR PAKISTAN NAVY HELD IN ROMANIA

60347711_2346740358941257_8921571806020632576_o.jpg

60743667_2346740472274579_3960552595348520960_o.jpg

60630801_2346740432274583_2301850854291931136_o.jpg

60335270_2346740405607919_8838721925535498240_o.jpg

It's the Dutch company Damen outsourcing the work to a Romanian shipyard. The steel, engines, electronics, etc are still coming from various parts of Europe.
Oh, I see
Still doesn't explain why we couldn't build this size of ship.

Then we need more dockyards ... these can subsequently be used for construction of merchant ships
Yup, no amount of excuses are legitimate

Cool addition.
PN can make it hot addition by adding necessary weapon punch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom