What's new

Pakistan Now 4th Largest Bike Manufacturer: PM Imran

hydrabadi_arab

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Prime Minister Imran Khan has met prominent industrialists and businessmen in Islamabad yesterday. During the meeting, the premier stated that Pakistan has become fourth largest bike manufacturer in the world. Discussing the auto sector, Khan said that tractor exports have increased by 10%, while the country is manufacturing 90% of the parts.

This is not the first time the premier has quoted bike industry and its apparent success. Last year, the prime minister stated that in fiscal year 2020-2021, Pakistan recorded biggest number of motorcycle sales in the country’s history. He said that record-breaking motorcycle sales indicate that the country’s low-income class is making progress. Since motorcycles are known as the ride of a common man, “aam admi ki sawari”, the PM says the increasing number of motorcycle sales means the empowerment of “aam admi”.

Prices & Sales Kept on Increasing

Meanwhile,, the prices as well as sales of the bikes say otherwise. During 2021, the bike companies repeatedly hiked prices. As per our research, Honda increased rates for 7 times, Yamaha did it 5 times, while Suzuki revised its rates 4 times.

The numbers show that the price of most famous Honda CD70 was increased by Rs. 14,800 last year, while Honda CG 125 saw a total increase of Rs. 21,000. Meanwhile, Yamaha’s famous YBR bikes observed a price increase of Rs. 30,500 during 2021.

And the prices of Suzuki bikes were increased up to Rs. 25,000 previous year. This shows how much prices have increased. Surprisingly, despite these repeated increase in prices, sales numbers kept on showing upward trajectory in 2021.

Record Sales

As per data the sales of Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki bikes had increased in the duration of July-November 2021 as well as month-on-month bases. The PAMA report showed Atlas Honda Limited had beaten its own record of sales. In November, the company sold its highest-ever number of bikes with 128,503 units, beating its own record of October sales when 125,031 bikes were sold.

Meanwhile, the Honda sales jumped to 563,575 units in July-November period against 512,010 in the same duration the previous year. In this 5-month period, the other Japanese bike companies, i.e., Suzuki and Yamaha also recorded high sales.

The data showed that Suzuki sold 14,915 bikes in those five months compared to 8,719 in the same period last year. It meant its sales increased by 71%. Meanwhile, Yamaha’s sales increased to 9,962 units from 8,733 last year, getting a jump of 14%.

basic rule of supply and demand, bikes are in demand because people are buying it more DOH!!! why?

1. they are cheaper to buy and run
2. they cant afford a car
3. they commute to an area where they can use their careless bike tactics to move in a rush
4. easier to park

as far as i am concerned with our jahil awam, our civic sense, our ethics and our socio economic norms bikes are bloody CANCER to our ever growing traffic conditions

Some Cons:

1. bike walas will 99% times be on ANY other lane besides the one designated to them
2. zig zag through traffic
3. wont wear helmet, will keep it on the fuel tank though
4. will try to find one micro mm of space and try to move through that space
5. have no thought or concern about damaging something or someone with their bike as long as they can pass through
6. in comparison much more used for criminal activities in comparison to cars because easier to get away with
7. often not taken care of and can cause pollution and sound pollution as well

If i were to make few hard decisions i would ban the usage of bikes and rickshaws on main avenues, these type of transportation should be restricted to muhallah only so yeah good to go and get dahi roti in it but not to travel across the town, for that one should have a proper Metro bus and train system, people can come till station on their bike, park their bike and travel across.

I know a lot of people will argue with this but trust me you remove

1. Local transport mafia buses
2. bikes
3. rickshah

from our main roads and you have already solved 60-70% of our road problems

sorry for such a rant, only yesterday night i nearly missed an accident because of bike wala and on daily basis they are subject mostly to my verbal diarrhea when i am on road.

You guys live in lala land on pdf.
Seriously countries dont graduate from those odinary bikes to branded ones with the wave of the wand. It is a process. Even in countries like Bangladesh they have similar bikes. Also countries in Africa that have similar gdp as Pakistan have same bikes. Once Pakistan middle class is able to afford more they would graduate.
In india the economy is big and rich are there to install their own factories and sale fancy bikes in cheap rates. Any business man from pakistan install such factories.
Government job is to make sure the people have the capacity to buy and so does the manufacturers produce and cycle goes on and on
Yh great achievement reselling 90s bikes with no upgradation every 6 months that too at a staggering price.

Lumber 1 bike shitehole.

Seriously countries dont graduate from those odinary bikes to branded ones with the wave of the wand. It is a process. Even in countries like Bangladesh they have similar bikes. Also countries in Africa that have similar gdp as Pakistan have same bikes. Once Pakistan middle class is able to afford more they would graduate.
In india the economy is big and rich are there to install their own factories and sale fancy bikes in cheap rates. Any business man from pakistan install such factories.
Government job is to make sure the people have the capacity to buy and so does the manufacturers produce and cycle goes on and on
Adding a 50 ropay kill switch and a dipper doesnt require tot of 5th gen aircarft but still majority bikes lack such a basic safety feature

Adding a 50 ropay kill switch and a dipper doesnt require tot of 5th gen aircarft but still majority bikes lack such a basic safety feature
a kill switch is typically installed by insurance companies. btw, its best if the manufacturers do not add these features, they will start charging thousands more for said "upgrade"

You pay for overpriced bikes not me the last time i saw 2022 model so called Honda 125 in england was the nineties. Our middle class if given better options would switch in a heart beat in pakistan but what do you know tum to lo ge Honda 125 2029 model. India is strict with its automation laws on bikes and cars they regard human life above Honda Investment.

a kill switch is typically installed by insurance companies. btw, its best if the manufacturers do not add these features, they will start charging thousands more for said "upgrade"

It's already there in some Suzuki and Honda Pakistani bikes but their looks are just ok . kill switch , dipper and a start button aren't a luxury .

In plenty of cases when a biker falls down the wheel is still running and it's almost impossible for him to reach the key to turn the bike off but if there's a kill switch installed on the handle's grip it becomes easier.

tbf it seems there are options out there in 125 cc market but Pakistanis love/obsessed with Honda style 125 cc, people dont even change colors forget style

Guys, what's the E-bike market for you like? Is there any interest in working towards a complete shift or is there still some hesitation wrt power and charger distribution? I ask this because we are also facing some challenges and am assuming that the challenges would be similar across the border.

Guys, what's the E-bike market for you like? Is there any interest in working towards a complete shift or is there still some hesitation wrt power and charger distribution? I ask this because we are also facing some challenges and am assuming that the challenges would be similar across the border.
No charging infra, as well as absence of maintenance network has severely hindered any efforts to shift to EVs.

lumber 1 shit quality over price junk bike producer yayyy!!

IK bowing down to mafia is your only achievement in life!

Ah. Pakistan's automotive industry.

Reselling 70's garbage to the masses; and them gobbling it up like the brainless zombies they are.
Just devise a better local transportation system and you'd remove more than half of these unsafe vehicles.

Motorcyclists are a threat to themselves first and foremost (no side view mirrors, helmets) and destroy more personal property than all US wars combined (look at all cars sideswiped by bikes, dents on the bumpers because they like to move within the cars at a signal).

I mean I wouldn't even need a paintjob for 10 years in any other country. In Pakistan, you take out a car fresh from the showroom and some bike bugger would t-bone you from the sides coming on the wrong side of the road. Add insult to injury he'll tell you you didn't look before you turned the car on road. Like BC seedha to chala pehle.

Bikes are selling like crazy. Cars are selling like crazy. Buses and trucks are breaking new records every quarter. Factories can't find enough workers.

But somehow social media has still managed to create this doom and gloom situation about economy.

Its taking off.. very slowly though. Electric bikes are a very niche product i.e. not mainstream at all. Though I have seen some girls moving around in busier parts of the city on these little electric scooties type.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom