What's new

Questions on joining PMA after fsc

Abdur_Ruffay

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So I’m currently doing my matric, but I want to join Pakistan army as a commissioned officer so my question is should I join a cadet college for 2 years of my inter, how good will it be and how much can it help me.

My second question is how should I be preparing for ISSB and generally how should I be preparing for the tests since Army is my dream I have always wanted to join the Pak Army and always will and my last question is if you’re 17, can you apply for PMA

I would be grateful if anyone can help me out also can anyone give me general tips to prepare.

So I’m currently doing my matric, but I want to join Pakistan army as a commissioned officer so my question is should I join a cadet college for 2 years of my inter, how good will it be and how much can it help me.

My second question is how should I be preparing for ISSB and generally how should I be preparing for the tests since Army is my dream I have always wanted to join the Pak Army and always will and my last question is if you’re 17, can you apply for PMA

I would be grateful if anyone can help me out also can anyone give me general tips to prepare.

You may join a cadet college for keeping yourself physically and mentally up to the mark, However Joining a cadet college does not guarantee you the ISSB recommendation.

Do not join the coaching academies for ISSB, Those are professionals sitting at ISSB. They'll find out who you really are. And if you're trying to be something you're not, you'll be 'not recommended' for sure.

Be rather natural, honest and positive. You can practice some psychology tests online but again, do not prepare beyond limit. Over-preparation will get you caught and 'not recommended'

You don`t need to worry about PMA as you are still at least 2 years away from applying. Your main focus should be your present. Study hard and try to get as good marks as possible. There is no surety of getting selected in armed forces. So in case there is failure, God forbid, you should still be successful elsewhere. If you are too worried about future and not working on your present, you won`t perform well and it is possible you would get marks lower than the required for applying for Long Course. So be smart and act smart.

Now cadet colleges groom you for the military life and give you training and preparation if your dream is to join armed forces in the future, which is basically the dream of majority who join these institutions. The cadets get ISSB training in the second year. So you are familiar and ready for things to come. But I have seen cadets of both army-run cadet colleges and those run by PAF, to fail at ISSB. So cadet colleges prepare you for everything, but still it gives you no surety to success. I have seen students getting selected in PMA Long Course who did not go to any cadet college. So don`t put your faith in cadet colleges. Luck plays an important role. Like I said, study hard and get good marks so that you can apply elsewhere if there is no success.

Generally talking about preparation, you should be physically fit. Try building your stamina by running, doing push ups, chin ups and sit ups.
Buy Dogars book for PMA Long Course. Study that and try to solve the different tests it contains. That`s it.

Yes if you are applying for PMA Long Course after intermediate/FA/FSc then minimum age to apply is 17 years.

You may join a cadet college for keeping yourself physically and mentally up to the mark, However Joining a cadet college does not guarantee you the ISSB recommendation.

Do not join the coaching academies for ISSB, Those are professionals sitting at ISSB. They'll find out who you really are. And if you're trying to be something you're not, you'll be 'not recommended' for sure.

Be rather natural, honest and positive. You can practice some psychology tests online but again, do not prepare beyond limit. Over-preparation will get you caught and 'not recommended'

Ok, I would like to thank you soo much for your reply and yes I will try my best to be natural I just need everyone’s prayers

You don`t need to worry about PMA as you are still at least 2 years away from applying. Your main focus should be your present. Study hard and try to get as good marks as possible. There is no surety of getting selected in armed forces. So in case there is failure, God forbid, you should still be successful elsewhere. If you are too worried about future and not working on your present, you won`t perform well and it is possible you would get marks lower than the required for applying for Long Course. So be smart and act smart.

Now cadet colleges groom you for the military life and give you training and preparation if your dream is to join armed forces in the future, which is basically the dream of majority who join these institutions. The cadets get ISSB training in the second year. So you are familiar and ready for things to come. But I have seen cadets of both army-run cadet colleges and those run by PAF, to fail at ISSB. So cadet colleges prepare you for everything, but still it gives you no surety to success. I have seen students getting selected in PMA Long Course who did not go to any cadet college. So don`t put your faith in cadet colleges. Luck plays an important role. Like I said, study hard and get good marks so that you can apply elsewhere if there is no success.

Generally talking about preparation, you should be physically fit. Try building your stamina by running, doing push ups, chin ups and sit ups.
Buy Dogars book for PMA Long Course. Study that and try to solve the different tests it contains. That`s it.

Yes if you are applying for PMA Long Course after intermediate/FA/FSc then minimum age to apply is 17 years.

Ok, I would like to thank you sooo much for your reply and yes I will focus on my present and get good marks so I can be good and excel and again there is no guarantee but for that army lifestyle and physical standard I’ll look to join an army run cadet college, I thank you again for your reply and just remember me in your prayers

In the context of preparation for #issb, please also refer to guidelines provided by ISSB at http://issb.com.pk/guideline.html. It contain all information on the syllabus, i.e. aspects to be tested and how it can be improved. Reading it couple of times can be useful

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom