What's new

Satellite-image of PN Dockyard

JawadKKhan

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi everyone,

Out of curiosity, I just checked PN Dockyard from google maps. The image can be few weeks or months old but I was surprised most of the assets are just lined up. Whats your thoughts on it? Shouldn't PN be ready for a sudden attack (for instance from land attack SSMs) . For the PAF assets there's a dozen or more bases that would be attacked first. But for Navy should it be concerning that bulk is stationed together? Whats the state of our air-defense assets / SAMs deployed nearby ?

I also took screenshots of the PN Yard, I identified few of the ships but couldn't some others..
Here's the quiz for you guys :)

That's zoom-out photo of the PN dockyard.
A: F-22P & Alamgir
B: (Damen OPV & 2 Type-21s)
C: Agosta 70 & Agosta 90B
D: F-22P & ____ ?
E: 3 ships _________???
F: _____ ??? Jalalat class ?
G: Azmat FAC
H: Azmat FAC

Capture000.JPG

A:
F-22P & Alamgir

A.JPG

B: (Damen OPV & 2 Type-21s)
The helipad / deck of type-21 looks ripped from tail.

B.JPG

C:
Agosta 70 & Agosta 90B

C.JPG

D:

F-22P & ____ ?

D.JPG

E:
__________???

E.JPG

F:
____ ??? Which missile boats are these ? Jalalat class ?

F.JPG

G:
Azmat FAC

G.JPG

H:

Azmat FAC

H.JPG

@ghazi52 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Akh1112 @ARMalik @SQ8 @AZADPAKISTAN2009

Why is most of our Fleet at base.
Yep that's my question as well, they are just stacked up. Worst case scenario is surprise SSM supersonic missiles attack on the main assets. PN dockyard is one of the main asset.

Anyways. here some more photos:

A Submarine in the dry dock. No idea which type it is.

1.JPG

Some old ships or Ships from Maritime agency ?

2.JPG

although its safe from sea side as hourber is secure but it speace time and nothing to worry . i agree PN need to move away and devide them each port have few only . they already banged at mehran base attack and then make a base in turbat after lossing orions

These images seem old.....the date of Maxar Technologies capture seems to be missing on all the images.

although its safe from sea side as hourber is secure but it speace time and nothing to worry . i agree PN need to move away and devide them each port have few only . they already banged at mehran base attack and then make a base in turbat after lossing orions
I am actually not concerned about terrorists. Our main adversary is next door. Karachi is about ~100 miles from border. Land attack super sonic cruise missiles will take few mins to reach till here.

In next major war, both countries will try to take out the air-bases, naval bases, C&C centers in the first wave.

We must be prepared for worst case scenario. How much time, it will take for PN to identify incoming missiles, How much time it will take to move out these stacked assets? where the whole crew is ?. How quickly they can do the deployment ? Do they perform war-like drills deploying the complete fleet and see how much time it took for the crew to assemble. ?

I think more important for Navy is to make more Naval bases and distribute the surface fleet evenly / protected by SAM systems. Perhaps even more important then getting newer ships.

Similar for PAF. However, air force, is much better in shape, bases and protection but still I think it need few more air-bases. 12 or so bases contain most of assets.

These images seem old.....the date of Maxar Technologies capture seems to be missing on all the images.

It can be few months old, but seems from 2021.. Atleast can't be older then Damen OPVs though for sure ; )

Capture333.JPG

So, there are just 2 bases for submarines / surface fleet. Both not far from each other.. The Karachi PN dockyard and Jinnah base.

GOP spent about 500 million dollars initially on Jinnah base, but its nothing much there yet.

jinnahbase.JPG

The base from satellite image: Nothing much there, few motors boats, 1 tanker and 1 Jalalat class missile boat. Not much construction / building in the base.

jinnahbase2.JPG

1- Jalalat missile boat.
Capture-jinnah.JPG

Other basis are being activated in a timely manner s and based on completion of facilities and all work. By the time while you are looking at pictures, assets are already in active duty and deployed. Such docking is not a surprise in peacetime for maintenance, upgrades etc. Not a worrisome situation that too from the past.

Ah finally found 1 F-22P in Gwadar, :)

Capture-gwadar.JPG

PN needs more assets to be shifted to Jinnah base & Gwadar as it was their plan for 2 decades but never implemented. Must do it, so adversary don't think about the jackpot. (Karachi dockyard containing 90% of assets stacked up) . 100 miles from border.
Other basis are being activated in a timely manner s and based on completion of facilities and all work. By the time while you are looking at pictures, assets are already in active duty and deployed. Such docking is not a surprise in peacetime for maintenance, upgrades etc. Not a worrisome situation that too from the past.
Yep, i agree the photos maybe old but at one given time within this year most of the assets were lined up in Karachi. Not very worrisome but not taking into consideration the worst case scenario as well. Yep, finally Gwadar is coming into shape.. hopefully it will host more assets in future..

Usually you can expect about 1/2 or 2/3rds of the fleet to be docked at home and aroun 30% always active on training/ops.

True that too much of our naval power is centred around Karachi still....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom