What's new

Satellite-image of PN Dockyard

Pn needs to get out of Karachi it’s all polluted and impacting the fleet per former cheif so best to ramp up Jinnah and gawadar naval port

min required fleet only
Also the land where the PN base is could be turned into commercial real estate and the proceeds used to fund modernization of the Navy; such as a large modern base outside of Karachi harbor. Preferably one with submarine pens or a underground complex for the subs (and hopefully also ships) to protect them when they are in port, similar to the Chinese naval base on Hainan.

Usually you can expect about 1/2 or 2/3rds of the fleet to be docked at home and aroun 30% always active on training/ops.

True that too much of our naval power is centred around Karachi still....
2/3rd is too much. The Blue water assets, the frigates and the larger corvettes go to sea for extended deployments every two years.

bruh like see our coast line size vs Indian coast line size , Also F-22Ps are at Jinnah now as well since it the Sheikh rasheed's visit to Jinnah earlier he visited the F-22P which was based there

How "Pearl Harbor " was totally destroyed by surprise attack by Japanese aircrafts which grounded 90% of US Navy ships & 3000 sailors killed ?

How "Pearl Harbor " was totally destroyed by surprise attack by Japanese aircrafts which grounded 90% of US Navy ships & 3000 sailors killed ?

The USA was not involved in WW2 until it was attacked, so they had no reason to expect an attack. Also I suspect Radar was not that great in the 40's.

The USA was not involved in WW2 until it was attacked, so they had no reason to expect an attack. Also I suspect Radar was not that great in the 40's.
Radar detected the japanese aircraft

Also the pearl harbour attack is successful purely because the Japanese had them surprised them.

I have to say they were intentionally not informed of the impending attack so they would join in. Without the US, UK would almost definitely have lost. So Churchil's trick worked like a dream and the Japanese lived to regret their mistake.
A

Ah finally found 1 F-22P in Gwadar, :)

View attachment 801090

PN needs more assets to be shifted to Jinnah base & Gwadar as it was their plan for 2 decades but never implemented. Must do it, so adversary don't think about the jackpot. (Karachi dockyard containing 90% of assets stacked up) . 100 miles from border.

Yep, i agree the photos maybe old but at one given time within this year most of the assets were lined up in Karachi. Not very worrisome but not taking into consideration the worst case scenario as well. Yep, finally Gwadar is coming into shape.. hopefully it will host more assets in future..
I don't like the idea that the majority of PN is based in Karachi. It could be vulnerable to missile attacks. It is a good thing that we are moving assets away from Karachi. Must never repeat the disaster from 1971 attack.

I don't like the idea that the majority of PN is based in Karachi. It could be vulnerable to missile attacks. It is a good thing that we are moving assets away from Karachi. Must never repeat the disaster from 1971 attack.

Yep, let's see maybe Navy will shift newer ships to Omara, Jinnah base.. Further more to Gwadar.

Thanks to Musharaf, he built makran coastal highway along the whole coast. The logistics won't be much problem, if Navy plans to build more bases even if smaller in size to host missile boats. I have spent good 2-3 hours seeing every latitude / longitude along the whole coast.. there is nothing! no base.. whole concentration is at Karachi atm. But I am certain atleast Omara and Gwadar will get more assets in next 1-2 years.

PN fleet must be devided in 4 location karachi /pasni /ormara/gwadar
PN air wing must be devided in 4 bases karachi / turbat /gawadar /pasni

but it seems our naval commanders want to live with families in karachi .

PN fleet must be devided in 4 location karachi /pasni /ormara/gwadar
PN air wing must be devided in 4 bases karachi / turbat /gawadar /pasni

but it seems our naval commanders want to live with families in karachi .
And a large budget for maintaining such amount of facilities will be provided by you right ?

Why is most of our Fleet at base.
At hint of escalation they scatter them around. If you know anyone who works in Navy those chaps always have to part away from their families with no info on how long they will be away whenever tensions are hot.

@farooqbhai007
If budget is such a constraint then why spending billions of dollars on new ships/subs and concentrating them in a single place...Stacking them all the way? More Naval bases are critical even more important then getting more ships, whats good is the shiny fleet, if its gone while parked. Secondly, You will not increase the bases budget by 4x. You are dividing it, yes it will increase but not ridiculously. The personal, the equipment, the ships that will move from Karachi base will significantly reduce the massive costs from that base..

At hint of escalation they scatter them around. If you know anyone who works in Navy those chaps always have to part away from their families with no info on how long they will be away whenever tensions are hot.
I disagree brother. A force has to be ALWAYS ready for worst case scenario. There is no peace-time for armed force, no one will ask us before hand launching a surprise attack. The worst case scenario is Air launched cruise missiles striking the very concentration of 95% of the naval assets. Supersonic missiles from 100 miles odd distance takes 2 minutes to reach target. Not even enough for PAF to respond. The ships un-docking, assembling the whole crew takes hours.. ! The best strategy is to have more bases.

I have utmost respect for our sailers but naval management has issues..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom