What's new

SK Hynix Isn't Sure How Its Chips Got in Huawei's New Phone

:rolleyes1: Oh so they said 100% eh? Well read the Bloomberg article again please..

Bloomberg is mentioning SK Hynix.

****Bloomberg Television****:

Huawei Mate 60 Pro Teardown: SK Hynix Investigating Use of Its Chips​

Yeah..and that includes YOU...it appears Chinese PDF members have extreme trouble following even their own advice.

Next time get your facts straight before making a quick reply! :nono:
Technically it is still Made in China. Hynix has a huge memory plant in China.

Most likely these chips are in Huawei hand because they buy them by-proxies.

Notice that you need LPDDR5 tech to fully utilise 5G function fully otherwise it would not be fast enough, No LPDDR5 chips = no 5G
Okay can you explain to me how
LPDDr 5 chips = 5G?and if you have none you don't get 5G? Becareful, i am dissecting you again boy genius. Lolol

Sure fake news. Memory chip is the least Huawei need from Korea. These days Yangtze Memory Technologies can replace korean memory chip.

How are sanctions supposed to work then ? hynix ran foul of sanctions. now they must invest in surveillance and track each chip and its end use and prepare to report to senate committe.
SK Hynix may not be the faulted party, if it was Huawei circumvent the sanction by buying those chips via proxy.

and they already know (or they should know) where are all their chip in Mate 60 come from, you can see their serial number and batch number, they can look it up and see who has bought those chips and where was it destined to.

Okay can you explain to me how
LPDDr 5 chips = 5G?and if you have none you don't get 5G? Becareful, i am dissecting you again boy genius. Lolol
LPDDR4 is not fast enough with double data rate up to 3200Mb/s and with 2.13Ghz clock speed, how fast is your 5G speed in China?

1694394688284.png

1694394729306.png

Maybe you use a lower standard in China? I don't know

And what are you dissecting here? you said nothing.

the only hurdle to unrestricted development in china is terror feudal xi

That didn't answer the question why Mate 60Pro have SK Hynix chips, which was actually inside the phone and according to US State Department sanction on Huawei, SK Hynix not supposed to supply those LPDDR5 chips to Huawei.
Remember Huawei bought a lot of chips(including memory chips) before US sanctions were implemented? I guess memory chips were consumed at slow speed because there are many Chinese memory chip suppliers. My conclusion is: Huawei uses S.Korean memory chips because it has to empty stock.

LPDDR4 is not fast enough with double data rate up to 3200Mb/s and with 2.13Ghz clock speed, how fast is your 5G speed in China?

View attachment 952647

View attachment 952648

Maybe you use a lower standard in China? I don't know

And what are you dissecting here? you said nothing.

This answers nothing. I am asking you why you can't achieve 5G without LPDDR5. My phone does not even use that memory and I achieved 5G everywhere I go, yes not just in China, HK, Japan, SEA. Answer my question please.

Remember Huawei bought a lot of chips(including memory chips) before US sanctions were implemented? I guess memory chips were consumed at slow speed because there are many Chinese memory chip suppliers. My conclusion is: Huawei uses S.Korean memory chips because it has to empty stock.
Unlikely with the case of LPDDR5

US put Huawei in Restricted Entity List on May 19, 2019, which usually have 12 months grace period. Which mean full sanction does not take effect until May 2020.

Problem is, SK Hynix only announced that they will mass producing these chips on March 8 2021.

This answers nothing. I am asking you why you can't achieve 5G without LPDDR5. My phone does not even use that memory and I achieved 5G everywhere I go, yes not just in China, HK, Japan, SEA. Answer my question please.
Yes, clock speed and transfer speed answered nothing. I mean, if this is your argument......

Unlikely with the case of LPDDR5

US put Huawei in Restricted Entity List on May 19, 2019, which usually have 12 months grace period. Which mean full sanction does not take effect until May 2020.

Problem is, SK Hynix only announced that they will mass producing these chips on March 8 2021.

Yes, clock speed and transfer speed answered nothing. I mean, if this is your argument......

One is how fast a phone accesses memory and one is how fast a phone accesses a network. So expain to me how other phones not using LPDDR5 are still achieving 5G speed. Why don't you say only Arm chips can achieve 5G speed?lolololol

One is how fast a phone accesses memory and one is how fast a phone accesses a network. So expain to me how other phones not using LPDDR5 are still achieving 5G speed. Why don't you say only Arm chips can achieve 5G speed?lolololol
Again, if this is your argument, then sure, why not? You keep asking me, I will just keep telling you the same thing.

Again, if this is your argument, then sure, why not? You keep asking me, I will just keep telling you the same thing.
You aren't answering anything, you said no LPDDR5 = no 5G. Then how does my phone achieve 5G then?

You aren't answering anything, you said no LPDDR5 = no 5G. Then how does my phone achieve 5G then?
I have already answered it in the first post.

I don't know how fast your Chinese 5G are, you can of course use LPDDR4 if the requirment is lower than 2.13Ghz.

It wouldn't work in Australia because they use a different bandwidth, so the answer is, were your 5G operate under a lower standard? if yes, then you can use 5G without LPDDR5, if no, then you can't. How hard is it to understand?

I have already answered it in the first post.

I don't know how fast your Chinese 5G are, you can of course use LPDDR4 if the requirment is lower than 2.13Ghz.

It wouldn't work in Australia because they use a different bandwidth, so the answer is, were your 5G operate under a lower standard? if yes, then you can use 5G without LPDDR5, if no, then you can't. How hard is it to understand?

No no no. You didn't say LPDDR4 might work for 5G, you said if you don't have LPDDR5, you don't Have 5G. Want me to print screen? You also didn't say it might work for different speed of 5G. Since you brought it up, how do you define 5G? Lolol.
Screenshot_20230911_100736.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom