What's new

The Differences Between India & Pakistan- Karl rock (travel vlogger)

Here’s what I noticed from a traveller’s perspective.

Food: Pakistan = non-veg, India = veg​

I love to eat. So the first thing I noticed upon arriving in Lahore was the fantastic meat dishes. The meat is always freshly killed and cooked, and I think that has something to with why Pakistani meat dishes are always juicy. Try a seekh kebab in Pakistan and India, and you’ll see the difference straight away, the Pakistani ones are juicier.

Pakistanis are massive meat eaters, they consume 3 times more meat than all of India. So it makes sense that they’re experts in cooking it.

India, on the other hand, knows how to cook vegetables like nobody else in the world. You’ll struggle to find vegetable dishes at restaurants in Pakistan unless it’s breakfast.

For example, it was amusing to me to find Dal Maas (lentils and meat) in Pakistan, whereas in India they don’t put meat in Dal.

India’s variety of veg. dishes is absolutely endless. Even a meat eater like me has become far less reliant on meat and consumer a lot more vegetables in India.

When it comes to food safety. I got sick in Pakistan from street food on both trips, 2018 & 2020. I get sick in India roughly every 3 months from food. If I had to choose one, I’d say Pakistani food preparation areas looked cleaner to me.

Language: Urdu & Devanagari Script​

Hindi and Urdu are nearly identical languages except they have different scripts. In Pakistan, all you see is Urdu script everywhere whereas India is dominated by Devanagari.

Just looking at a photo from each country you can immediately tell which street is in India and which is in Pakistan.

City Design​

Walking around Lahore and Islamabad, I found them similar to big Mughal influenced cities in North India like Delhi, Ajmer, and Lucknow. Clearly, South Indian design is nothing like Pakistani, but North India and Pakistan are similar. After all, both areas at one time were ruled by the same rulers.

For example, Jama Masjid in Delhi and Badshahi Mosque in Lahore are nearly identical having been built in a very similar style.

People & Hospitality​

2018 Experience: I found people on the street in Pakistan to be helpful but wary of a foreigner. Overall I found them less warm than Indians. I think this has something to do with their distrust and dislike of America. They probably assume I’m from there.

Usually, a local’s first question to you will be, “Where are you from?” I’d love to know what their reaction would be if I told them, “America.” I’m assuming it’s going to be different from New Zealand which has a cricket team that I found many Pakistani’s complimenting me on.

I find Indians warmer to foreigners in general. There’s no hatred of America there.

2020 Experience Update: My opinion has changed since 2018. On my second trip, I felt very few people being wary of a foreigner. Below are two beautiful examples of how I was treated as I roamed the streets alone.

When it comes to meeting friends in Pakistan and India, I found hospitality to be nearly the same.

When it comes to travelling alone it’s similar, but there’s one caveat.

India’s tourism industry has been booming with over 10 million foreigners visiting every year. Pakistan on the other hand has only started taking tourism seriously since 2019.

Big Indian tourism destinations like Delhi and Jaipur have been overrun by conmen trying to scam tourists. This isn’t present in Pakistan… yet. So Pakistan is a far more relaxed experience with many locals being surprised to see foreigners and eager to show their hospitality.

In the smaller Indian cities, where tourists don’t go, you will find classic Indian “Guest is God” culture still. Just not so much in the big cities anymore. But it still can happen in the big cities as you’ll see in the below clip.

Both my Pakistani and Indian friends show fantastic hospitality and a passion for showing you their country and making sure you are comfortable and enjoying.

Religion​

This one is obvious whether you’ve visited or not. Pakistan is dominated by Islam. Multiple times a day you’ll hear the prayer ceremony broadcast out across the city. You’ll hear the same in Muslim majority areas in India too.

India, on the other hand, is more visibly diverse – although around 79% of Indians are Hindu. In India, you’ll see Churches, Gurudwaras, Hindu temples, Jain temples, and Mosques everywhere.

A Few More Differences​

• English is more prevalent in India.
  • There seemed to be less poverty in Pakistan.
  • Streets are generally cleaner in Pakistan.
  • Very few stray animals in Pakistan.
  • Driving on motorways in Pakistan is much safer because the Police are very strict with fines. If people speed, don’t stay in their lane or don’t use their indicators when changing lanes, they get a fine.
  • There are no liquor stores in Pakistan.
  • There are more women out and about on the streets in India.
  • Women in India are more approachable in general.
Trigger warning- this guy is an Indian at heart so his opinions should be taken with a grain of salt as they are probably stupid afa pak is concerned

This travel vlogger Carl Rock, for whom travel vlogs is his bread and butter, comes up with all sorts of click bait, attention grabbing, viewer grabbing subjects in his vlogs, and its OK to do that as this is his job.

And he is clever enough to talk about India and Pakistan, knowing fully that people from both sides have lots of intrigue for each others.

But his travel vlogs are overall good in the sense that he doesn't takes side, some leanings and personal liking /disliking is natural.

6.1 million views for this vlog on India vs. Pakistan McDonald food review.

Last edited:
There are no liquor stores in Pakistan.
deal dampner right there.

There are more women out and about on the streets in India.
deal killed, kthnxbaicul8rbro.

Women in India are more approachable in general.
the general middle class + culture in the big metros is very liberal, young people across the economic divide are quite open minded, young women can generally hail an uber etc at odd hours and they'll be completely safe even if inebriated..

Trigger warning- this guy is an Indian at heart so his opinions should be taken with a grain of salt as they are probably stupid afa pak is concerned
Karl is an "aman ki asha" flagbearer type liberal. He got in trouble, arrested and kicked out of India/harassed for his activism during the anti CAA protests lol

Haven't followed him for a while, not sure if he got let in or is still on Modi Ji's blacklist :sarcastic:

Lol. Pakistan doesn't get much travellers anyways and those who actually go there do so to do comparisons (with click bait title) to attract Indians to their videos. Unfortunate reality of present day Pakistan. Even Pakistan youtube vloggers do videos to attract Indian audience much less Pakistani.

he is stupid

there are alcohol stores in pakistan all you need to know locations.

how can be islamabad like north india ?

its modern planned city just born in 1960 before that it was jungle

It's easily available for foreigners and for locals with some connections.
So how does it work there if it's not as easy as going to a store and just buying it ? Also, Muree Breweries are an established brand there with wide ranging products, how do they sell their product ?

he is stupid

there are alcohol stores in pakistan all you need to know locations.

how can be islamabad like north india ?

its modern planned city just born in 1960 before that it was jungle
"sister" city to Chandigarh, right ?

Karl Rock is a meth addict junkie youtuber whose wife is a daughter of a corrupt Indian politician

So how does it work there if it's not as easy as going to a store and just buying it ? Also, Muree Breweries are an established brand there with wide ranging products, how do they sell their product ?

"sister" city to Chandigarh, right ?
yes it can be said . but in infrastructure and scale islamabad is much larger scal city sir .

islamabad's diplomatic area is equal to chandi gardh in size . each islamabd sector is equal size of 8 to 10 chandi gardh sectors in size .

also islambad infrastruce is much bigger even streets and roads green belts airport metro red zone . when i see chandi gardh i feel its small town compare to islamabad

yes it can be said . but in infrastructure and scale islamabad is much larger scal city sir .

islamabad's diplomatic area is equal to chandi gardh in size . each islamabd sector is equal size of 8 to 10 chandi gardh sectors in size .

also islambad infrastruce is much bigger even streets and roads green belts airport metro red zone . when i see chandi gardh i feel its small town compare to islamabad
lakh di lanaat, ye bhi goron ne banai thi.. wo bhi sadio pehle

aaj ki date me bhi wohi hamari shaan :|

Karl Rock is a meth addict junkie youtuber whose wife is a daughter of a corrupt Indian politician
I just see him as a random social justice warrior chewtia type person.. severly lacking in smarts.

hero ban ra tha bkl.. nikal di na heropanti ek seknd me Modi Ji ki hukoomat ne :haha:

lakh di lanaat, ye bhi goron ne banai thi.. wo bhi sadio pehle

aaj ki date me bhi wohi hamari shaan :|

I just see him as a random social justice warrior chewtia type person.. severly lacking in smarts.

hero ban ra tha bkl.. nikal di na heropanti ek seknd me Modi Ji ki hukoomat ne :haha:
kya goroon ne banai thi ?????????? :what:

I didn't knew this as on Google earth, it looks quite big, but that might include Mohali as well. But city proper is small, the surrounding areas make it look big.

Chandigarh, the capital of the northern Indian states of Punjab and Haryana
Area: 114 km²
Elevation: 321 m
Mayor: Sarbjit Kaur
Area union territory, 44 square miles (114 square km). Pop. city, (2001) 808,515; union territory, (2001) 1,063,000; city, (2011) 960,787;

Islamabad
Area: 906.5 km²
Weather: 27°C, Wind NE at 11 km/h, 92% Humidity weather.com
Local time: Monday 1:46 pm
Population: 1.015 million (2017) United Nations
Founded: 1960

planners can be anyone good man what is wrong ? but i must say his planning is poor too small sectors like mohalla very narrow roads no green belts and no divided areas as per usage .

a sector must be 2km x2km at least minimum .chandi gardh sectors are 1.20km x 700 meters . its too small to be a sector or unit . because we here in islamabad think if you need to go out of sector then its not worth .everything should be in sector commercial area .

Also Islamabad area includes huge area of Margalla hills.

The Actual area( shown in Grids) the planned area is smaller.

Also it includes area of bani gala towards Kahuta and on the south Rawat.

And many areas like BT which is in Islamabad proper, people calls it in Rwp.

1657529514802.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom