What's new

The Induction of Pakistan Navy first Type 054-A, multi role frigates PNS TUGHRIL and 10 x Seaking helicopters in PN Fleet

I don't think more Type 54's will be added as PN has 2 more types of Ships coming up, Milgem from Turkey and Jinnah Class... once all of them are done and inducted I am sure PN will go for heavy destroyers such as Type 55's.
The only proviso is if the 22s can for some reason noy be upgraded or the upgrade is not worth the cost. Transfer them to PMSA. But then you have a shortage of 4 ships. You will not be able to build the Jinnah class quickly enough. The Milgem from Turkey are more expensive. Do you then go for 4 more 054?
Otherwise PN upgrades the 22s and inducts Jinnah class.
A

I said After full induction of Milgem and Jinnah, see the timeline when all will be delivered, we are talking about 2030ish, I am sure PN can afford a Ship or two by then.

im still not seeing it.

even at like 7% a year growth, and constant % of gdp spent on the military, in 2030 pakistan can expect a doubling of navy funds. lets completely ignore inflation.

is that extra money better spent on 3 055?
i don't think so.
the 055 comes with range, which i don't see pakistan as needing badly, it's most likely enemy is literally next door.

it comes with many missile cells, but i think Pakistan is better served by having the same number of cells but dispersed among a greater number of ships so that is one goes down, it's not a significant hit to the navy as a whole.

it comes with great command capabilities, but again Pakistan isnt going to be sending a major task force 10,000km from its shores into hostile waters.

Why pay for all these capabilities you don't need, when so much of your military desperately needs improvement?

certainly, working up towards a destroyer about 5-6000 tons could make far more sense,

im still not seeing it.

even at like 7% a year growth, and constant % of gdp spent on the military, in 2030 pakistan can expect a doubling of navy funds. lets completely ignore inflation.

i don't think so.
the 055 comes with range, which i don't see pakistan as needing badly, it's most likely enemy is literally next door.

it comes with many missile cells, but i think Pakistan is better served by having the same number of cells but dispersed among a greater number of ships so that is one goes down, it's not a significant hit to the navy as a whole.

it comes with great command capabilities, but again Pakistan isnt going to be sending a major task force 10,000km from its shores into hostile waters.

Why pay for all these capabilities you don't need, when so much of your military desperately needs improvement?

certainly, working up towards a destroyer about 5-6000 tons could make far more sense,

With the continuous investment of funds, India's fleet will have real CEC capability sooner or later. At that time, the Pakistani Navy will inevitably need to follow up. So PN will eventually need 055, at least one.

I just think PN should consider the integration of the fleet from the perspective of CEC from now on, because the future Navy is bound to move towards digital warfare.

I think any warship added by Pakistan in the future needs to consider the connection with 055.

The only proviso is if the 22s can for some reason noy be upgraded or the upgrade is not worth the cost. Transfer them to PMSA. But then you have a shortage of 4 ships. You will not be able to build the Jinnah class quickly enough. The Milgem from Turkey are more expensive. Do you then go for 4 more 054?
Otherwise PN upgrades the 22s and inducts Jinnah class.
A
I think its highly unlikely that PN will give F-22's to Marine time Patrol , they will try to find a package for it probably with help from Turks ? but what you said can happen as well but if they are getting another batch of Type 54's wonder what new they add in them?

I think its highly unlikely that PN will give F-22's to Marine time Patrol , they will try to find a package for it probably with help from Turks ? but what you said can happen as well but if they are getting another batch of Type 54's wonder what new they add in them?
16b missiles. Better radar and more better software comes to mind along with upgrade of the current ones. I suggested a route whereby it maybe possible to get more 054s. I agree it is unlikely and logic demands that next ships are very likely to be made in Pakistan.

A

Last edited:
16b missiles. Better radar and more better software comes to mind along with upgrade of the current ones. I suggested a route ahereby it maybe possible to get more 054s. I agree it is unlikely and logic demands that next ships are made in Pakistan.

A
Exactly, PN has become a branch where our wishes are coming true, so why not wish for a DDG and if you think about it by the time all Jinnah Class Frigates are ready and delivered we are seeing 2030 onwards, so I am they will be able to afford 2 if not 4 DDG's to compensate the retiring 22's or as a next step, I won't go as far as saying they might opt for a heli carrier cause its a sitting duck anyway, and of course there will not be any AC either.

im still not seeing it.

i don't think so.

IMHO, Something like the Proposed Type 057 (scaled up Type 054A with features from the Type 055) or the Type 052DL Would be well suited for Pakistan’s needs.

In order to maintain an adequate defensive capability (to not be blockaded by India) , a longer range maybe needed (depending on doctrine) to operate deeper into the Indian Ocean (such as along the East African Coast) and open up new strategies to deal with India

Last edited:
First F22 is already being upgraded afaik , should be back in service soon

First F22 is already being upgraded afaik , should be back in service soon
Do we know the scope of this upgrade or is it only software upgrade. Please share whatever you feel comfortable sharing
A

Do we know the scope of this upgrade or is it only software upgrade. Please share whatever you feel comfortable sharing
A
I have no idea , that Aerosint dude from twitter said that F22 was undergoing a upgrade.
While satellite imagery also shows a F22 in dry dock under going a deep upgrade or mid life refit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom