What's new

The most popular last name in every country in the world, and what they mean

lol...I literally don't know a single person in India with his/her last name as Devi
The most common surname in the world is Wang, that doesnt mean all of us are surrounded by a "Wang" because a lot of "Wang" are concentrated in one location, China. The same way Devi could very well be concentrated in a location in India while you personally would not know anyone with that name. Just another validation that India is only a nation due to British occupation, otherwise it should have been a number of smaller country, each with people of their own culture and language

The most common surname in the world is Wang, that doesnt mean all of us are surrounded by a "Wang" because a lot of "Wang" are concentrated in one location, China. The same way Devi could very well be concentrated in a location in India while you personally would not know anyone with that name. Just another validation that India is only a nation due to British occupation, otherwise it should have been a number of smaller country, each with people of their own culture and language
You might soothe your nerves by continuously claiming India is a British creation, it certainly might be but so is Pak. While each state differs in language, the culture is pretty much the same. I was surprised with "Devi" being the most prominent last name since I personally have not heard of any, particularly men who're named "Devi" despite travelling across India and personally living in 4 different states before moving to the US nor have I encountered any celebs, politicians nor prominent personnel with that last name

More Baluchis in Oman than Arabs. Time to make a peace tunnel to Oman.

From when Jamaica ,Trinidad .....is in North America ?

From when Jamaica ,Trinidad .....is in North America ?
North to Central America...giving him the benefit of the doubt...we found far too many mistakes in a matter of days then the author found in making his research!

That's not his last name
Devi Parsad cant be a father of someone? :o:

On a serious note...I suggest taking the article with a pinch of salt...The guy couldnt get half the sir names right....Haji is not a SIR NAME...like wise he just picked up the Devi in Devi Parsad!

lol...I literally don't know a single person in India with his/her last name as Devi
/
Don't some married Hindu women take the name "Devi" upon marriage? That could be enough to influence the statistics.

/
Don't some married Hindu women take the name "Devi" upon marriage? That could be enough to influence the statistics.
Yeah, in the hindi belt...mostly Rajasthan & UP but not enough to make it India's most popular last name

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom