What's new

Top 10 Armed Forces in the World

Are you sure about this?

Russia may have developed a few better missiles but not Tanks.

Actually, it is both missiles and tanks. I'm sure you already know about why Russian missiles are superior, lets discuss tanks.

Compare T90 with M1A1. T90 got better armament, The ATGMs give T90 a big advantage over M1A1. ATGMs give the T-90 better accuracy at longer ranges, better penetration at longer ranges, and increases the range to 6km, vs the abrams 4km.

T90 has got fewer weak points due to the rounded turret, compared to the boxed turret of M1 which also makes the sides weaker. It has also got more armor/volume than A1. The sotra1 Jammer increases survival chance by a couple of times. The Kontact ERA armour is way superior and has been proven to withstand modern penetrators like 9M119M Refleks (AT11). The fact that Russia needs only 48t to achieve the same level of armour (compared to 60+ for US) proves Russian composite tech to be a lot superior.

M1A1 has a huge heat signature and this is considered to be a major weak point. Not to mention its high fuel consumption. If you take into account cost and maintenance, T90 would rank higher again.

Good to see finally we got unanimity about one thing at least on forum....... USA # 1 :usflag::cheers:

I am assuming this is a non-nuclear comparison and only conventional military applications are being used.

Air Force + Navy + Army
Americas:
USA (10 + 10 + 10) = 30

You forgot to add the Marines ( 10+10+10+20) = 50 :D

This would be my own perceived Ranking (conventional):

- United States.

- Russia.

- China

- India

- France

- United Kingdom

- Turkey

- Germany

- Japan

- Israel

- South Korea

- Iran

Can you explain why on earth you have given more points to Israel in Navy and Army?

Israel v Turkey in navy:

Frigates:
Israel: 0
Turkey: 17

Barbaros class frigate:
800px-Ae_ag_tur_F247.jpg

Yavuz class:
800px-Turgutreis_F241.jpg

G-class:
800px-TCG_Gaziantep_%28F-490%29_in_Cartagena%2C_2010.jpg

Corvettes:
Israel: 3
Turkey: 7

Submarines:
Israel: 3
Turkey: 14

FAC:
Israel: 0
Turkey: 27

And you give Israel a higher point in navy, child go play with your toys this is not a place for children...

Actually you are right.

I think that was a typo. Turkey should have been given 5 points for its Navy and not 3.

Actually, it is both missiles and tanks. I'm sure you already know about why Russian missiles are superior, lets discuss tanks.
Correction: Not all Russian missiles are superior.

Compare T90 with M1A1. T90 got better armament, The ATGMs give T90 a big advantage over M1A1. ATGMs give the T-90 better accuracy at longer ranges, better penetration at longer ranges, and increases the range to 6km, vs the abrams 4km.
Chobham armor offers decent protection against ATGM.

2lwlhqh.png

Notice the improvement in the protection levels in latest revisions?

T90 has got fewer weak points due to the rounded turret, compared to the boxed turret of M1 which also makes the sides weaker. It has also got more armor/volume than A1. The sotra1 Jammer increases survival chance by a couple of times. The Kontact ERA armour is way superior and has been proven to withstand modern penetrators like 9M119M Refleks (AT11). The fact that Russia needs only 48t to achieve the same level of armour (compared to 60+ for US) proves Russian composite tech to be a lot superior.
Are you sure that T90 is more heavily armored then latest revisions of M1 Abrams in all aspects of design?

What is the current protection level of T90 at Lower Front Turret? What about Fuel Tanks?

According to a source, protection level of T90 at LFT is just 240 - 380.

And you should also consider M1A2 SEP Abrams for comparison purposes as well. We cannot ignore the best Tank in US arsenal.

M1A1 has a huge heat signature and this is considered to be a major weak point. Not to mention its high fuel consumption. If you take into account cost and maintenance, T90 would rank higher again.
Bad argument. M1 Abrams are of 'different class' in comparison to Russian Medium Tanks.

Correction: Not all Russian missiles are superior.

And who said or even implied that?

Chobham armor offers decent protection against ATGM.

Notice the improvement in the protection levels in latest versions?

As if T 90 is staying all the same without any upgrades.

Are you sure that T90 is more heavily armored then latest versions of M1 Abrams in all aspects of design?

What is the current protection level of T90 at Lower Front Turret? What about fuel Tanks?

According to a source, protection level of T90 at LFT is 240 - 380.

And you should also consider M1A2 SEP Abrams Tanks for comparison purposes as well. We cannot ignore the best Tank in US arsenal.

Let us compare both models (T90 and M1A1). AND the way each models were tested by their producers.

- T 90 is much lighter than M1 A1. Weights 47 tonnes as opposed to 64 tonnes. However, it would be prepostous to assume that more weight = better armour. For that, rigorous testing will have to take place.

- M1A1 is assumed to be "proven" its reliability in 1991 and 2003 when it sustained hits by 125mm Soviet anti tank ammunitions. However, it is conveniently forgotten that these ammunitions were out of production since 1973.

- M1A1's frontal armour was not tested with modern projectiles as far as I can recall. On the other hand, while testing T 90, the most advanced anti tank missiles were used which are equally efficient as the 120 mm gun of Abrams. 6 hits in the range of 200 m. Plus tests against the most modern grenade launchers. Result: Armor not pierced

- During 2003 campaign, the sides of Abrams would be pierced even with RPG7's first versions. A crucial weak spot was discovered - The SPU, which can be destroyed by machine gun alone.

- T90s have Shotra (optical electronic suppresion "blinds") installed for all versions. This guides enemy missiles away. System which is absent in Abrams

- T90's working range has been put to 5-6 km. T90 and Abram's ammo power is very similar.

- Abram's projectile uses depleted uranium as core. While T90's uses Tungsten, However, T90s ammo contains fragmentation-sharpnel projectile with remote detonator. Can be detonated for "hiding" targets. Abrams has no such facility.

- Initial versions were inferior to Abrams in terms of mobility. But after 1000 HP engines, T90 is even with (if not superior) to Abrams.

- T90 is suited to any off road environment. As far as i remember, during weapons exhibition in 1993 at UAE, Abrams "lost its shoe" (one of its track) during testing.

- T90s were tested in Malaysia with others. It travelled 3000 KM in the terrain of malaysian jungle, where all of its competitors stopped.

- Capability tested in Indian Thar deserts where temperatures can reach 50 degrees.

Today, the T90 is superior to Abrams in most respects. We are waiting for our new generation of tanks to be produced. T95 and beyond

Bad argument. M1 Abrams are of 'different class' in comparison to Russian Medium Tanks.

Or rather they are incapable of producing Abrams efficiently and at low cost.

Some may have good Army but lags in Navy
Some may have good Airforce but lags in Army or Navy
Some may have all but lags in Technology

Only A Good Mind can Win the War (He should know how to use technology and weapon when and where)

This would be my own perceived Ranking Army + Airforce + Navy:

- United States.

- Russia.

- China

- India

- France

- United Kingdom

- Turkey

- Pakistan

- Germany

- Japan

- Israel

- South Korea

- Iran

i actually didnt know UK never had any f-16 they actually have a not very good airforce in my opinion , they got like 150 eurotyphoons and the rest are old things AFAIK , their navy is good , and Mercenary put israel navy and turkish navy same lol wtf? that must be a joke - i read that the south korean tank is best in the world , it said in a few places , therefore turkish altay will be one of the best aswell as its similar

Some may have good Army but lags in Navy
Some may have good Airforce but lags in Army or Navy
Some may have all but lags in Technology

Only A Good Mind can Win the War (He should know how to use technology and weapon when and where)

This would be my own perceived Ranking Army + Airforce + Navy:

- United States.

- Russia.

- China

- India

- France

- United Kingdom

- Turkey

- Pakistan

- Germany

- Japan

- Israel

- South Korea

- Iran

Pakistan above Germany is pretty laughable.

North Korea is stronger than the South.
North Koreans are physically shorter than South Koreans. That alone is not enough to qualitatively judge a military, however, North Korean defectors revealed a much more negative insight of North Koreans overall in that not only are North Korean soldiers shorter than their southern countrymen, they are physically weaker, have less stamina to operate heavy equipment over long duration and distances, are much less independent in thoughts and actions, and overall less educated and trained.

I agree with you, however we are in the minority.
It could mean you are wrong.

North Koreans are physically shorter than South Koreans. That alone is not enough to qualitatively judge a military, however, North Korean defectors revealed a much more negative insight of North Koreans overall in that not only are North Korean soldiers shorter than their southern countrymen, they are physically weaker, have less stamina to operate heavy equipment over long duration and distances, are much less independent in thoughts and actions, and overall less educated and trained....

Poor diet going back generations.

I think the best way to look at is do a regional comparison and from there rank countries by their military there and then assigning points out of 10 for Air Force, Navy, Army. Marines will be included in the Navy and Special Forces will be included in their respective services. Missiles will be included in the Army component to keep things simple.

Asia:
China (8 + 6 + 8) = 22
South Korea (7 + 6 + 8) = 21
Japan (7 + 7 + 6) = 20
Taiwan (6 + 6 + 6) = 18
So from this, if I were to rank according to the numbers, the top 25 Militaries on the planet.

1 - USA (10 + 10 + 10) = 30
2 - England (8 + 9 + 8) = 25
3 - Russia (9 + 6 + 8) = 23
4 - France (8 + 8 + 7) = 23
5 - China (8 + 6 + 8) = 22
6 - Germany (8 + 6 + 8) = 22
7 - Israel (8 + 5 + 8) = 21
8 - South Korea (7 + 6 + 8) = 21
9 - India (8 + 5 + 7) = 20
10 - Japan (7 + 7 + 6) = 20
11 -Turkey (7 + 5 + 8) = 20
12 - Taiwan (6 + 6 + 6) = 18
13 - North Korea (5 + 5 + 7) = 17
14 - Pakistan (7 + 3 + 6) = 16
15 - Ukraine (7 + 2 + 7) = 16
16 - Egypt (7 + 2 + 7) = 16
17 - Australia (6 + 5 + 4) = 15
18 - Singapore (7 + 4 + 4) = 15
19 - Saudi Arabia (8 + 2 + 4) = 14
20 - Canada (6 + 3 + 5) = 14
21 - Brazil (5 + 5 + 4) = 14
22 - Thailand (6 + 4 + 4) = 14
23 - Sweden (6 + 3 + 5) = 14
24 - Vietnam (5 + 2 + 6) = 13
25 - Iran (2 + 3 + 7) = 12

China is clearly not even close to being equal to South Korea.

First off, we have more 4th gen planes than South Korea and Japan put together.

People's Liberation Army Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220 J-10, 99 Su-30, 164 J-11A/B, 76 Su-27 = 559 4th gen fighters.

Japan Air Self-Defense Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is going up against 169 F-16s and 60 F-15s in South Korea and 94 F-2, 135 F-15s on the Japanese side.

Secondly, we have more large AWACs than Japan and Korea put together: 8 KJ-2000, which is superior to the E-3, which itself is far far far superior to the E-2's than Japan and Korea have.

All of this ranking does not make any sense since at the end of the day it's all come down to the military industrial capabilities of a particular country to produce everything of their own weaponry like planes, ships, missile, radar, engine, avionics, tanks etc. The might of a military is its abilities to supply its own weaponry.

Ranking should be like this:

1.USA
2.Russia

The rest of the "top" ones not in any particular order are Britain, France, Germany, Japan, China

The above 7 countries are the only ones that I can think of in term of having a complete military industrial capabilities to produce everything for their weaponry. No need for the top 10 as the rest of the world does not hold much of an advantage over others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom