What's new

US military accuses Chinese J-11 of unsafe interception procedures

Obviously your Aussie Airforce officer disagrees. Everytime China plane throws chaff, your jet buggers out.

These are operational protocols to avoid further unneeded escalation. What you are missing is, how much intel they collect during this time on China. Why risk a plane, lives and start a bigger conflict when you did what you were suppose to do?

@Deino I think this one small issue worth a few seconds (the interception) has been beaten to death for days now. I'd suggest we close this thread? There are more interesting things happening in the world we can all comment on instead :enjoy:

Obviously your Aussie Airforce officer disagrees. Everytime China plane throws chaff, your jet buggers out.
He did not disagree. He said "it's for safety precaution they would have returned"

It's like me, AS A GUN EXPERT, saying you can use 165 grain ammo on a 9 mm ammo (usually you use 95-110 grain), Then I say any type of over pressure can lead to barrel damage, and you decided not to use 165 grains, that does not mean that 165 grain ammo would definitely cause damage to your barrel, you just choose not to because it could.

Maybe he was talking about the Chinese jet engine.
Actually, aren't fighter jet engine was designed to fly thru their own chaff? I think I heard it somewhere.

These are operational protocols to avoid further unneeded escalation. What you are missing is, how much intel they collect during this time on China. Why risk a plane, lives and start a bigger conflict when you did what you were suppose to do?
If we are in international airspace, there is nothing China can LEGALLY do. On the other hand, precisely because all of us are in international airspace, short of live weapons, China can do anything up to unprofessional and unsafe flying.

It was a stupid maneuver. Or we could use 'foolish'. The PLAAF did not learn the lesson of the Hainan Incident where maybe their pilots do not know how to handle air masses pushed by larger airplanes.

Well ... some say, it was the RC-135 that changed its flightpath! :what: What's your opinion on this claim?

Faced with USINDOPACOM's accusation, the Chinese Navy in turn publishes the video filmed by the J-11BSH in question, indicating that it was the USAF RC-135 that changed course at 11:25 :17 UTC+8 and approached the Chinese aircraft, flying near the Paracel Islands.

Well ... some say, it was the RC-135 that changed its flightpath! :what: What's your opinion on this claim?
Absurd. Of course, as an American and a USAF vet, people could credibly question the validity of my argument. :enjoy:

Should we kept on flying straight and level? Yes, we could have. But the mission commander at that time made the decision to maneuver based on reasons unknown AT THIS TIME. Were they running low on fuel? Were they approaching a navigation waypoint where they had to change course? I watched that video and what 'sudden' maneuver were the Chinese talking about?

If we are in international airspace, there is nothing China can LEGALLY do. On the other hand, precisely because all of us are in international airspace, short of live weapons, China can do anything up to unprofessional and unsafe flying.
You know these bandits are provoking China. You know they are trying to start a new war against China. You know these robbers never care what is "legal and professional". isn't it?

You know these bandits are provoking China. You know they are trying to start a new war against China. You know these robbers never care what is "legal and professional". isn't it?
Which part of INTERNATIONAL airspace do you not understand?

Don't lie. You know these robbers are provoking China. You know this.
We flew in INTERNATIONAL airspace. How is that 'lying'? Is the CPC not paying you enough for posting here?

We flew in INTERNATIONAL airspace. How is that 'lying'? Is the CPC not paying you enough for posting here?
Leave your jokes and lies to robber fans. okay? When did robbers respect "international airspace" so much??? Why do you still insist on your jokes and lies?? Biden appointed you the new director of the CIA?

Don't lie. You know these robbers are provoking China. You know this.

Calm down! It is a cat & mouse game the US is playing with the Russians since decades and even if the PRC is quite new to that game, you must accept the facts.
My question is only, who was indeed moving towards the other one and I don't think the term "suddenly" was used.

Calm down! It is a cat & mouse game the US is playing with the Russians since decades and even if the PRC is quite new to that game, you must accept the facts.
My question is only, who was indeed moving towards the other one and I don't think the term "suddenly" was used.
I don't like anyone preaching to me. Stay away from me.

We can use laser and blind your pilot or use elclectronic warfare to force your plane out. :enjoy:

Russians regularly flew their bombers towards Alaska if I am not wrong and the US sends its F-16s or 22s to intercept, but I have not seen the Chinese doing anything at all. Is it the lack of capability or intent or maybe both?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom