What's new

Which Book are you reading

Upfront-6-7-Books-Oct21-2_770-770x433.jpeg

I am reading this one

@Path-Finder @Horus @Foxtrot Alpha

want to read a great book i give you one "major jordan diary" how USA built up soviet union into superpower literally even give the currency plates to print dollars.

I am waiting for JK Rowling next book :p:

I am waiting for JK Rowling next book :p:

Have been re-reading the Harry Potter series again. Have been spending too much time in front of screens in these Corona times but at the same time dont really feel like reading anything heavy. A little nostalgic trip is perfect sometimes :D

Have been re-reading the Harry Potter series again. Have been spending too much time in front of screens in these Corona times but at the same time dont really feel like reading anything heavy. A little nostalgic trip is perfect sometimes :D

Thats right. I just read news and article for the last 5-6 years but mostly I read English ones whether Indonesian or international news so that I can maintain or even improve my English writing skills.

I like to read Harry Potter Indonesian version though, kind of difficult for me to read the original version, many vocabulary that I dont know. I heard that JK Rowling have a new story so I am waiting for the book to be published :bounce:

Thats right. I just read news and article for the last 5-6 years but mostly I read English ones whether Indonesian or international news so that I can maintain or even improve my English writing skills.

I like to read Harry Potter Indonesian version though, kind of difficult for me to read the original version, many vocabulary that I dont know. I heard that JK Rowling have a new story so I am waiting for the book to be published :bounce:

Have you studied English? The reason I ask is because I have never after reading your posts actually thought that you were not fluent in the language. Your posts tend to have a good level.

Regarding Rowling I have never actually read any of her other works. Might give them a go after I am done with the HP series.

Have you studied English? The reason I ask is because I have never after reading your posts actually thought that you were not fluent in the language. Your posts tend to have a good level.

Regarding Rowling I have never actually read any of her other works. Might give them a go after I am done with the HP series.

Indonesian people get enough English lesson during their education in primary school but in term of vocabularies they are not good enough since they dont read many English book and writing. I get more English vocabularies when I studied business in university and read some tick English textbook during that period. It was quite hard in the first 2-3 months though. Later, after I graduated from university, I improve my grammar skills by learning through grammar book and this effort also make my English writing quality get better.

Reading university text book is much easier than reading any literature like Harry Potter since in literature you need to play with words to make the story interesting and if you dont know the words then you need to find it out through dictionary and Today we can also use google translate. This is time consuming and make the reading is more like studying then enjoying the story :D

My TOEFL score is 570 which is just 20 points more then the minimum TOEFL score for US/UK/Australia university admission. That points are also more due to my good listening skills since I was quite frequent watching CNN/BBC/Aljazeera before the test.

Annihilation of Caste by Dr. B.R.Ambedkar; with a prologue essay ,"the doctor and the saint" by Arundhati Roy.
Mahatma fans would find that book scathing.

Back
Top Bottom