What's new

Will Iran enter to the war against Israel?

So are you implying that when Hamas and Hezbollah act against what Iran calls an “occupying Zionist satanic regime”, Iran still blames Hamas for overstepping itself?
Kindly reread what I posted and what Amir Abdollahian is reported to have said. Hamas acts with autonomy and did not inform, or seek permission from, Iran before it decided to attack Israel. That's all.
That’s going in circles and doesn’t make sense. Iran calls Israel an occupying regime and supports Hez and Hamas, but when those groups fight back Iran isn’t responsible to help?
The world views Israel as an occupying regime under international law, is everyone under an obligation to help?

Because Iran supports Hamas with weapons means Iran must go to war to defend Hamas too? What logic is this.
In the Gaza thread you were saying that the Turkish sources saying Khamenei won’t help Hamas during Hamas’ leader visit is propaganda. So, which one is it?
It was propaganda because they used " " to suggest it was a direct quote, when it was not. It is well known Iran will NOT go to war to defend Hamas after Hamas launched its attack without informing Iran in advance. Are you nuts?
Also, if Iran is “less aligned” to Hamas because of a dispute, the same could be said for the recent Hezbollah and Iran dispute.
There is no dispute between Hezbollah and Iran. You are lying.

Last edited:
Some Iranian officials make grandiose claims indeed but if you fall for every rhetorical boast then that's on you, not us.
So when Iranian official make grandiose claims,aren't they official proclaimations? These are the people who represent your country,they go out and talk big.

I don't fall for their rhetorical boasts,neither do most people who see things logically,but here's your hypocrisy:
Iran's leaders talk and talk and instead of blaming them and calling them liars or incompetent,you instead accuse others of "falling for rhetorical boast".

Iran has far more influence over Hezbollah, Syrian Resistance and PMU forces - which are all much more ideologically aligned with Iran than Hamas or even Ansarallah. Even these groups are autonomous but coordinate much more closely with Iran.
And if funding from Iran stops,what will happen to Hizbollah and the Syrian Shia militias? PMU have Iraqi money,they don't count. Iranian help to Houthis is vital,they can't survive against a gazillion enemies without Iranian weapons,money and support.

So basically,they are autonomous,but all extensions of the IRGC.

Don't take me wrong,it's smart for Iran to gain influence. What they have achieved by spreading Shia militias and organizations throughout the Middle-East up to Pakistan,is very impressive. It has always been a smart move geopolitically to use proxies. And you need Iraq as a buffer State against a possible American invasion.

But the fact remains: Iran uses Arabs like pawns,more than it does as allies and will fight to the last Arab until Israel is weak enough for Iran to go to war and claim victory.

This is the best Hezbollah can do? I was expecting something big to prevent IDF invasion of Gaza.

Perhaps Hezbollah is finding out that it is not easy to fight Israel.

Does not sounds like a side that is afraid. The ball is in Hezbollah's court.

US is advising Israel to let others make their move and respond accordingly.

Did he not assert that the invasion of Gaza is crossing Iranian red line?

Well?

These organizations do not seem to understand that they are expendable. Mahdi Army found out the hard way in Iraq. Hamas is finding out the hard way in the present. Hezbollah might find out the hard way too if it declare war on Israel and attack American ships.

Interesting strategy though. Create armed groups and motivate them to fight others and ruin many lives in the process while Iran watches from a distance and Iranians gloat about Iran being a superpower in forums. For how long, bro? You think that the Karma bus will not come for you at some point?

I disagree. Iran can wipe out US Navy up to 4000 km away with its weapons but I see no action.

Tell this to other Iranian members.

You are addressing the wrong member here.

Yeah LeGenD, I don't see how Iran can touch US naval assets up to 4000km away without a robust kill-chain that only has been hinted at being based on a constellation of UAVs relaying target information to launch teams. In this regard, Iran has made grandiose statements that are hard to believe or only rumored.

Unless you're being facetious here lol.

This is the best Hezbollah can do? I was expecting something big to prevent IDF invasion of Gaza.

Perhaps Hezbollah is finding out that it is not easy to fight Israel.
Your expectations are not aligned with reality, then. Hezbollah is a Lebanese guerrilla movement created to liberate occupied Lebanese territory, not to launch offensive wars to defend Hamas.

Well?

That is not official Iranian policy, just some bellicose and vague comments by IRGC generals for internal consumption purposes. Iran and Israel are too far away to engage in any meaningful direct war.
These organizations do not seem to understand that they are expendable. Mahdi Army found out the hard way in Iraq. Hamas is finding out the hard way in the present. Hezbollah might find out the hard way too if it declare war on Israel and attack American ships.

Interesting strategy though. Create armed groups and motivate them to fight others and ruin many lives in the process while Iran watches from a distance and Iranians gloat about Iran being a superpower in forums. For how long, bro? You think that the Karma bus will not come for you at some point?
Iraqi PMF/PMU groups are closer than ever to Iran and more powerful than ever. Same for Lebanese Hezbollah. Regardless, they 'use' Iran as Iran uses them, it's a mutually beneficial relationship. Hezbollah would not have existed if Israel did not invade and occupy south Lebanon.

You keep saying "Iranians gloat about Iran being a superpower". I have not seen this and obviously it's not true. Please show me which Iranian members are making this claim.
I disagree. Iran can wipe out US Navy up to 4000 km away with its weapons but I see no action.
Iran has shown ASBMs with claimed range of 700km and ASCMs with claimed range of 1000km, and claimed an ability to target ships at 2000km range of Iranian borders. This has not been confirmed in practice and it is unknown whether Iran could make good of these claims. Regardless, Iran's leaders are well aware of the devastating consequences of a direct war with the USA and, sensibly, do not seek this.

It has and potentially will.

I'd like to think that the consequences for Iran are ongoing, look at the hundreds of billions of dollars lost to comprehensive sanction regimes.
You keep saying "Iranians gloat about Iran being a superpower". I have not seen this and obviously it's not true. Please show me which Iranian members are making this claim.

It's a retrospective thing HGV.

Various Iranian PDF members in the past have engaged in less than cordial discourse with LeGenD and other members about Iran's perceived might and there is still the impression that many Iranians (and sympathizers) on PDF view themselves to be a "superpower" (or really powerful, such and such) much in the way Iranians poke fun at Pakistanis claiming "we supahpowah".

So when Iranian official make grandiose claims,aren't they official proclaimations? These are the people who represent your country,they go out and talk big.

I don't fall for their rhetorical boasts,neither do most people who see things logically,but here's your hypocrisy:
Iran's leaders talk and talk and instead of blaming them and calling them liars or incompetent,you instead accuse others of "falling for rhetorical boast".
IRGC generals ≠ official Iranian government channels. The latter did not promise to go to war with Israel if Israel invades Gaza or anything like that. I agree that Iranian generals/officials have a big problem with making stupid statements for internal propaganda purposes and I would like this to stop since it just makes Iran look stupid. Iranian media standards are also terrible and amateurish. As I said above, Iran and Israel are too far away to engage in any meaningful direct war. These stupid claims that Iran will raze Haifa to the ground bla bla are not needed, the subtleties of Iran taking the war to Israel's "borders" are impressive enough.
And if funding from Iran stops,what will happen to Hizbollah and the Syrian Shia militias? PMU have Iraqi money,they don't count. Iranian help to Houthis is vital,they can't survive against a gazillion enemies without Iranian weapons,money and support.
So basically,they are autonomous,but all extensions of the IRGC.
Hezbollah is an indigenous Lebanese social movement, you severely understate their influence and popularity in the south of Lebanon. They own banks and are deeply integrated in life in South Lebanon.

Ansarallah existed for decades before Iranian support. They are another indigenous Yemeni movement, they are not some artificial group Iran invented to serve its interests. Iran saw an opportunity to arm an oppressed group to defend itself from a Saudi invasion, and they took it. Smart move.
Don't take me wrong,it's smart for Iran to gain influence. What they have achieved by spreading Shia militias and organizations throughout the Middle-East up to Pakistan,is very impressive. It has always been a smart move geopolitically to use proxies. And you need Iraq as a buffer State against a possible American invasion.

But the fact remains: Iran uses Arabs like pawns,more than it does as allies and will fight to the last Arab until Israel is weak enough for Iran to go to war and claim victory.
There is some truth to this. But as I said before, these groups rely on Iran as Iran relies on them; it's a mutually beneficial relationship in many ways.

Additionally, Iran's relationship with some of these groups (e.g. Syria or Hezbollah) goes beyond mere 'pawns'. The Syrian Government was the only Arab state to support Iran when Saddam invaded in the 1980s, so Iran has a lot of loyalty and respect for Syria, hence the huge sacrifices Iran made to defend Syria when hordes of hundreds of thousands of jihadists flooded into Syria to fight the Government and declare their Sunni Caliphate.

It's a retrospective thing HGV.

Various Iranian PDF members in the past have engaged in less than cordial discourse with LeGenD and other members about Iran's perceived might and there is still the impression that many Iranians (and sympathizers) on PDF view themselves to be a "superpower" (or really powerful, such and such) much in the way Iranians poke fun at Pakistanis claiming "we supahpowah".
I have unfortunately seem LeGend poke/troll Iranian users a lot in recent days. This is unfortunate. Of course if Iranians are trolled they will troll back.

We do have 1-2 delusional Iranians here but they are not taken seriously by other Iranians.

IRGC generals ≠ official Iranian government channels. The latter did not promise to go to war with Israel if Israel invades Gaza or anything like that. I agree that Iranian generals/officials have a big problem with making stupid statements for internal propaganda purposes and I would like this to stop since it just makes Iran look stupid. Iranian media standards are also terrible and amateurish.
Sometimes it reminds me of Erdogan's government of the 2010-2022 era. Specifically Erdogan,Akar,Cavusoglu and a few others,who would boast and threaten so much,Turkish foreign policy had become a joke.

Sometimes it reminds me of Erdogan's government of the 2010-2022 era. Specifically Erdogan,Akar,Cavusoglu and a few others,who would boast and threaten so much,Turkish foreign policy had become a joke.
The difference is that Iran does not have diplomatic or economic relations with Israel while Turkey does. Iran arms groups fighting Israel, while Turkey does not. This is why these stupid claims by Iranian officials/generals are not necessary and should, in my opinion, be avoided.

Many Iranians here on PDF, in Iran and abroad take issue with the lack of professionalism on display from various officials within the Iranian government and military apparatus. It's been a long-standing point of contention and will continue to make Iranians look stupid on the world stage. Of this there is no doubt.

Well?

US military bases in Iraq and Syria are attacked every day.

Hezbollah is attacking Israeli bases and soldiers every day.

From Yemen, Syria and Iraq, suicide drones and cruise and ballistic missiles are being fired at Israel.

US military bases in Iraq and Syria are attacked every day.

Hezbollah is attacking Israeli bases and soldiers every day.

From Yemen, Syria and Iraq, suicide drones and cruise and ballistic missiles are being fired at Israel.
Yea, those are the headlines. If anyone bothered to dig more deep, they will find out the following.

How many casualties did those ''attacks'' on US bases cause? Firing unguided katyushas against Syrian and Iraqi sands not going to do much.

Hezbollah is still struggling to take down that 1 communication tower right at the border.

Yemens drones and missiles are being intercepted left and right.

You are almost losing Gaza, and you can not stop it.

Yea, those are the headlines. If anyone bothered to dig more deep, they will find out the following.

How many casualties did those ''attacks'' on US bases cause? Firing unguided katyushas against Syrian and Iraqi sands not going to do much.

Hezbollah is still struggling to take down that 1 communication tower right at the border.

Yemens drones and missiles are being intercepted left and right.

You are almost losing Gaza, and you can not stop it.
The aim of these attacks is to force Israel and the United States to a ceasefire in Gaza.

Since 1979, Iran's goal has been to destroy Israel and it has planned for this.

But I think we are still far from the time when we can destroy Israel.

In 2015, the leader of Iran predicted that Israel would be destroyed in the next 25 years.

The aim of these attacks is to force Israel and the United States to a ceasefire in Gaza.
Why ceasefire? Why do you want ceasefire with the ''regime ghaasebe sahyunesti''? This is your chance to fight bro.

Since 1979, Iran's goal has been to destroy Israel and it has planned for this.
''Irans goal'' ? you mean the entire Iranian population, culture, civilization etc planned for this? Or you mean a few shia islamist mullahs?

Israel will outlive Khamenei and all the other IR mullahs. You can be sure of this.

But I think we are still far from the time when we can destroy Israel.
You will never be able dadash. Just accept it. Anything else is propaganda.
You can fool all those innocent Pakestani and Bangladeshi muslims etc with this but not your own countrymen lmao

In 2015, the leader of Iran predicted that Israel would be destroyed in the next 25 years.
So it means Israel will be destroyed by Islamic Republic before 2040, right? You can promise this?

Why ceasefire? Why do you want ceasefire with the ''regime ghaasebe sahyunesti''? This is your chance to fight bro.

''Irans goal'' ? you mean the entire Iranian population, culture, civilization etc planned for this? Or you mean a few shia islamist mullahs?

Israel will outlive Khamenei and all the other IR mullahs. You can be sure of this.

You will never be able dadash. Just accept it. Anything else is propaganda.
You can fool all those innocent Pakestani and Bangladeshi muslims etc with this but not your own countrymen lmao

So it means Israel will be destroyed by Islamic Republic before 2040, right? You can promise this?
Yawn. 😴
Jewish hasbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom