What's new

World Nuclear Arsenal status as on 2012

I think the Russian report is not accurate. According to domestic sources, Russia has more tactical nuclear weapons (non-strategic weapons) than US, much higher than the strategic nuclear weapons it has. However, the number is not disclosed.

I believe when Russia was down & out in the 90's, their official military doctrine was to use tactical nukes for a deterence as to compensate for the lack in conventional weapons.

_58321950_nuclear_map624_2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

russiatac.jpg
Based on the number of available nuclear-capable delivery platforms, we estimate that nearly two-thirds of these warheads are in reserve or awaiting dismantlement. The remaining approximately 2,080 warheads are operational for delivery by anti-ballistic missiles, air-defence missiles, tactical aircraft, and naval cruise missiles, depth bombs, and torpedoes. The Navy’s tactical nuclear weapons are not deployed at sea under normal circumstances but stored on land.​

I believe when Russia was down & out in the 90's, their official military doctrine was to use tactical nukes for a deterence as to compensate for the lack in conventional weapons.

_58321950_nuclear_map624_2.jpg
Agreed.

This data is valid for 2009.

This is the situation in 2012:

Of Russia's total inventory of an estimated 3,000-5,000 nonstrategic warheads (down from 15,000-21,700 in 1991), only 2,000 are thought to be assigned to military forces, with the rest awaiting dismantlement. All are declared to be in central storage.

Russian tactical nuclear weapons are no longer deployed for combat but operational and kept in storage.

Pakistanis must be overwelmed with pride.............they actually beat us here as far no of warheads are concerned:angel:(not in the yield of nukes though)

^^

I was just supporting the claim that the data for the Russian side isn't accurate.
I know it's from 2009, i figured something as important as tactical nuke status (not numbers but whether they have it or not) wouldn't have changed dramatically in 3 years of Putina's rule, so i posted it anyway.

The map is from 2012 report though.

^^

I was just supporting the claim that the data for the Russian side isn't accurate.
I know it's from 2009, i figured something as important as tactical nuke status (not numbers but whether they have it or not) wouldn't have changed dramatically in 3 years of Putina's rule, so i posted it anyway.

The map is from 2012 report though.
Actually START treaty is making difference.

This change can be expected because Russia and NATO are no longer enemies.

Actually START treaty is making difference.

This change can be expected because Russia and NATO are no longer enemies.

The 2010 START was for strategic only weapons and doesnt bring new limitations on tactical weapons, no?? Or i remember wrong?

In any case the original report is almost surely to be incomplete.

Pakistanis must be overwelmed with pride.............they actually beat us here as far no of warheads are concerned:angel:(not in the yield of nukes though)

But more than enough to wipe India off the world map.

The 2010 START was for strategic only weapons and doesnt bring new limitations on tactical weapons, no?? Or i remember wrong?

In any case the original report is almost surely to be incomplete.
Actually Russia 'declares' the changes it makes in its nuclear stockpile under START treaties. Same is done by USA.

Actually Russia 'declares' the changes it makes in its nuclear stockpile under START treaties. Same is done by USA.

Yes, but the 2010 START reduced only strategic weapons. We are talking about tactical here (at least me). :P , so those numbers from the 2009 chart shouldn't be that much off.

Actually, what you wrote is pretty much the same what that chart shows, except the deployed/in storage discrepancy.

Guys stop the BS once again in every damn thread you guys bring out your hate stop it and stick to the subject plzz for GOD's sake grow up man.

Fellow Pakistani and Indian members! Quit the immature talks of making each other history with nuclear weapons.

Here is just a hint of what can happen in result:

Nuclear war between India and Pakistan could put 5 million tons of smoke in the stratosphere and produce a global Nuclear Haze that would block 7-10% of warming sunlight from reaching the surface of Earth and cause the blue skies of Earth to appear grey.

Informative and productive posts will be appreciated instead.

Yes, but the 2010 START reduced only strategic weapons. We are talking about tactical here (at least me). :P , so those numbers from the 2009 chart shouldn't be that much off.

Actually, what you wrote is pretty much the same what that chart shows, except the deployed/in storage discrepancy.
Experts are providing the information. We can only speculate.

The data that I provided is based on latest developments. The status of nuclear weapons of each nation can change with passage of time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom