What's new

5.56/223 and 5.45/222 weapon options and selection

Don't go for 222. Its Ammo is very expensive and Hard to Find. Only Good 222 Ammo you can find in local market is of Wolf.
7.62 AK is the best option. Its ammunition is available easily and cheap. But remember dont go for the old Milled Receiver AK47, go for Stamped AKM. Or if you cannot get a russian AKM, Go for Chinese T56.
The Easiest difference between AKM and AK47 is the wedge shaped Muzzle Break at the end of the barrel of AKM. And the depression mark just above the magazine on right side is very large on AK47 while it is just like a small spot on AKM.

Out of the box, in my opinion. If you can get a full auto 9mm SMG Specially, MP5 it is a delight. It does not have the "Shashka" of AK. But i love those small beasts. Dirt Cheap Ammo, Reliable, Literally no recoil.
Plus i doubt you can even find a Russian 5.45 (222) now a days in market. The Larger buttstock version is almost impossible. Even Krinkovs are extinct. Only Local made copies all around.

Good luck finding a Full butt stock 74 or 101 in the first place in Pakistan.Or even finding one and getting it without selling your car or kidney :welcome:

Dear Sir no offence but have you Fired T-56 and AK side by side?
And have you Tried shooting Norinco CQ with your own hands?
When was the last time you saw Chinese T-56 Jamming a round? Its much better then the original Pre 65 milled Russian Ak47 which are pathetic and heavy.
Norinco CQ is a Quality firearm very much comparable with original M16s, Smooth Balanced and High Quality, Its nothing like the Cheap Local Clones.
Cant say about CQA which is M4 copy because i don't have any personal experience with it. But i am sure it will also be great.
Are you using Good Quality Ammo? It depends a lot on Ammunition as well.
Why are you Comparing Chinese Guns with Local Clones?.
Even Chinese made T-54 Tokarev Clones are top notch and comparable to Russian TT.
i would love to have 7.62 akm
but is it legal or any loophole i can take advantage of?
and pistol is already i have made my mind between taurus and glock whtever is available.and i already have my license for 9mm

i would love to have 7.62 akm
but is it legal or any loophole i can take advantage of?
and pistol is already i have made my mind between taurus and glock whtever is available.and i already have my license for 9mm
My Father had License of 7.62. He has passed Away by will of Allah or i could have helped you for AK licence. But he had his licence made even before i was born in 80s and renewed ever since. Plus he was a politician so who knows.
Glocks are very expensive. think you are into Polymer looks for handguns. Taurus is good option.

My Father had License of 7.62. He has passed Away by will of Allah or i could have helped you for AK licence. But he had his licence made even before i was born in 80s and renewed ever since. Plus he was a politician so who knows.
Glocks are very expensive. think you are into Polymer looks for handguns. Taurus is good option.
231A1A4A-91E9-4A45-9270-215E7A69DE89.jpeg
this is the taurus which i tried and loved it.very smooth.
and btw if u got any info leme know

View attachment 632884 this is the taurus which i tried and loved it.very smooth.

This looks like a hammer fired pistol.

Glocks use striker pin.

Do you like hammer fired or striker fired?

If you like Taurus pistols than pt92 hands down is the best taurus pistol.

I personally like striker fired pistols.

View attachment 632884 this is the taurus which i tried and loved it.very smooth.
Taurus manufactures good handguns and have good reputation. But personally don't have any experience with it. I have tried Baikal Viking, CF-98, Bretta 92fs, Tanfoglio, TT and some Pakistani Copies of TT and Glock.
Recently Daudsons Armory have also launched their own 9mm handgun, probably the First Branded Handgun from Pakistan. Its called DSA Trueshot, looks strikingly similar to SIG Sauer. the Trial Videos are looking promising, and DSA is a well reputed Manufacturers that supply munitions and arms to Armed forces. Do give it a try as well to promote our own private sector defense industry.

This looks like a hammer fired pistol.

Glocks use striker pin.

Do you like hammer fired or striker fired?

If you like Taurus pistols than pt92 hands down is the best taurus pistol.

I personally like striker fired pistols.
Have you tried Turkish Canik Handguns? They make some good Striker Fired Guns. Never had a chance to own one.

Have you tried Turkish Canik Handguns? They make some good Striker Fired Guns. Never had a chance to own one.

Yes!! I own a canik tp9 9mm pistol. My everyday carry weapon.

I tried glock 17 ( gen 3 and gen 4-- dont like the gen 4 * sorry*) glock19.

I think glocks are very well balanced. I used to own a caracal 9mm pistol and i loved it but unfortunately they were recalled.

I think Taurus pt92 is a wonderful pistol ,it was my very first pistol that i owned , loved it and never dissappointed me.

Don't go for 222. Its Ammo is very expensive and Hard to Find. Only Good 222 Ammo you can find in local market is of Wolf.
7.62 AK is the best option. Its ammunition is available easily and cheap. But remember dont go for the old Milled Receiver AK47, go for Stamped AKM. Or if you cannot get a russian AKM, Go for Chinese T56.
The Easiest difference between AKM and AK47 is the wedge shaped Muzzle Break at the end of the barrel of AKM. And the depression mark just above the magazine on right side is very large on AK47 while it is just like a small spot on AKM.

Out of the box, in my opinion. If you can get a full auto 9mm SMG Specially, MP5 it is a delight. It does not have the "Shashka" of AK. But i love those small beasts. Dirt Cheap Ammo, Reliable, Literally no recoil.
Plus i doubt you can even find a Russian 5.45 (222) now a days in market. The Larger buttstock version is almost impossible. Even Krinkovs are extinct. Only Local made copies all around.

Good luck finding a Full butt stock 74 or 101 in the first place in Pakistan.Or even finding one and getting it without selling your car or kidney :welcome:

Dear Sir no offence but have you Fired T-56 and AK side by side?
And have you Tried shooting Norinco CQ with your own hands?
When was the last time you saw Chinese T-56 Jamming a round? Its much better then the original Pre 65 milled Russian Ak47 which are pathetic and heavy.
Norinco CQ is a Quality firearm very much comparable with original M16s, Smooth Balanced and High Quality, Its nothing like the Cheap Local Clones.
Cant say about CQA which is M4 copy because i don't have any personal experience with it. But i am sure it will also be great.
Are you using Good Quality Ammo? It depends a lot on Ammunition as well.
Why are you Comparing Chinese Guns with Local Clones?.
Even Chinese made T-54 Tokarev Clones are top notch and comparable to Russian TT.

None taken sir, it’s only an honest comparison.

I never said type 56 jams. It’s just a little crude as compared to an akms. I have extensive experience with both type 56 1,2s as well as the akms and I always go with the akms whenever I want to let off a few rounds on the range. Mainly because the Russian barrel does not heat up as fast whereas the type 56’s barrel stars blazing if you let off a hundred rounds or so on full auto. try it yourself if you haven’t already. as it gets hot, it’s accuracy drops a little. However the metal is of considerably good quality so you can cool it off and the accuracy gets back to normal.

However with the AKMs that never seems to be the problem. Not only the metal and the chrome playing is of exceptional quality but the recoil is smoother and also the weapon is slightly lighter. Not to mention the AkMs has a much better sight.

As for 556, if you have any knowledge about firearms and have used them enough, you d know the difference between Norinco and Colt. Or Norinco and And it’s russian counterpart, Or Caracal and Glock, or cf98 and Barretta 92

Last edited:
Yes!! I own a canik tp9 9mm pistol. My everyday carry weapon.

I tried glock 17 ( gen 3 and gen 4-- dont like the gen 4 * sorry*) glock19.

I think glocks are very well balanced. I used to own a caracal 9mm pistol and i loved it but unfortunately they were recalled.

I think Taurus pt92 is a wonderful pistol ,it was my very first pistol that i owned , loved it and never dissappointed me.
best thing about taurus is barrel never ever get hot how much u abuse it

None taken sir, it’s only an honest comparison.

I never said type 56 jams. It’s just a little crude as compared to an akms. I have extensive experience with both type 56 1,2s as well as the akms and I always go with the akms whenever I want to let off a few rounds on the range. Mainly because the Russian barrel does not heat up as fast whereas the type 56’s barrel stars blazing if you let off a hundred rounds or so on full auto. try it yourself if you haven’t already. as it gets hot, it’s accuracy drops a little. However the metal is of considerably good quality so you can cool it off and the accuracy gets back to normal.

However with the AKMs that never seems to be the problem. Not only the metal and the chrome playing is of exceptional quality but the recoil is smoother and also the weapon is slightly lighter. Not to mention the AkMs has a much better sight.

As for 556, if you have any knowledge about firearms and have used them enough, you d know the difference between Norinco and Colt. Or Norinco and And it’s russian counterpart, Or Caracal and Glock, or cf98 and Barretta 92
100 Rounds!!!!
Never fired so many rounds in a go. At most a mag.
And I am not a professional gunsmith or in law enforcement to handle them on daily basis.
Just a part time hobby and handled a lot of firearms on regular basis.
Colt M series is absurdly high priced. I mean You can buy a descent car for the price of an M4.
I have used Norinco CQ and its very good rifle in my opinnion. Its the only reasonable 5.56 chambered rifle that a common man can afford in Pakistan.
Isnt Caracal the brand that had a natorious flaw a few years back and recalled all its guns of a specific model.
I said i never used a Glock. But man a Glock 17 and Norinco CQ have same price can you imagine?
Plus i habe limited knowledge i am not an authority by any means

100 Rounds!!!!
Never fired so many rounds in a go. At most a mag.
And I am not a professional gunsmith or in law enforcement to handle them on daily basis.
Just a part time hobby and handled a lot of firearms on regular basis.
Colt M series is absurdly high priced. I mean You can buy a descent car for the price of an M4.
I have used Norinco CQ and its very good rifle in my opinnion. Its the only reasonable 5.56 chambered rifle that a common man can afford in Pakistan.
Isnt Caracal the brand that had a natorious flaw a few years back and recalled all its guns of a specific model.
I said i never used a Glock. But man a Glock 17 and Norinco CQ have same price can you imagine?
Plus i habe limited knowledge i am not an authority by any means

My friend, I’m not a gunsmith either not do I fire weapons everyday. It’s a hobby . But I do have my own little range where I fire my weapons once a month.

Yes you are right, not only colt but all imported firearm prices are insanely high from the past 10 years infact. However I believe keeping weapon is an expensive hobby nowadays, wherever you are except for the United States Ofcourse. So these weapons we are discussing here are not for’ the common man anyway, honestly speaking. high import duties. First the government screws you with the duties then the dealer does. But it’s a price worth paying for such beautifully crafted piece of perfection, in my opinion.

Not sure about the price of CQ but last I checked G19 4gen was for 370. Fired two clips on a CQ tho once. Seemed okay, but I wouldn’t trust it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom