What's new

Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates (Feast your eyes)

No sir. Here on a deployment. Staying at the hotels/resorts for a few months.

Mashallah , ramadan mubarak brother

@The SC Bro ! never do that to me again ! i saw over 20 likes and though i might have posted a picture of my knees online or something xD

Ramadan kareem to you and your family

fantastic drone shots of the capita city from June 2021. I would not watch this with the music on though , put me to sleep xD

fantastic drone shots of the capita city from June 2021. I would not watch this with the music on though , put me to sleep xD

beautiful shots..well planned and executed..now Mr Abu Dhabi I have two questions:

1- is there any large natural sources of water in UAE besides the desalinated water (large underground aquifers ..mountain run offs .. etc )..maintaining those green spaces at 40 degrees Temp must be a challenge.

2- Those tall skyscrapers with glass cladding ...are they commercial spaces or there are actually commercial +residential Apts in them

Cheers
and have a great day.

beautiful shots..well planned and executed..now Mr Abu Dhabi I have two questions:

1- is there any large natural sources of water in UAE besides the desalinated water (large underground aquifers ..mountain run offs .. etc )..maintaining those green spaces at 40 degrees Temp must be a challenge.

2- Those tall skyscrapers with glass cladding ...are they commercial spaces or there are actually commercial +residential Apts in them

Cheers
and have a great day.

hey there !

There are natural water resources, but due to the scarcity and limitations, they are highly regulated when it comes to usage. It is used mostly for farmlands (number of farms are also controlled) and saved in water dams. As for all the landscaping and greenery you see in the cities of the UAE, it all comes from purified sewage water, which is why you find signs everywhere NOT to drink from fountains ;) no smell or bad odors though

City planning in the UAE is all about having all uses in the same block. Commercial offices , shops, residential apartments, hotels and hotel apartments. With villas and town houses scattered in between. It is almost impossible to find towers in the UAE that are 100% offices , or residential or shops. Its almost always a mix of all three.

for example , i live in an apartment in this area of Abu Dhabi. It is a mix of commercial offices , residential rentals or ownerships, shops ,coffee shops, grocery stores , laundry mats, department stores , malls , hospitals and clinics, parks ....etc

1627902932532.png

hey there !

There are natural water resources, but due to the scarcity and limitations, they are highly regulated when it comes to usage. It is used mostly for farmlands (number of farms are also controlled) and saved in water dams. As for all the landscaping and greenery you see in the cities of the UAE, it all comes from purified sewage water, which is why you find signs everywhere NOT to drink from fountains ;) no smell or bad odors though

City planning in the UAE is all about having all uses in the same block. Commercial offices , shops, residential apartments, hotels and hotel apartments. With villas and town houses scattered in between. It is almost impossible to find towers in the UAE that are 100% offices , or residential or shops. Its almost always a mix of all three.

for example , i live in an apartment in this area of Abu Dhabi. It is a mix of commercial offices , residential rentals or ownerships, shops ,coffee shops, grocery stores , laundry mats, department stores , malls , hospitals and clinics, parks ....etc

View attachment 766814
Thanks man.. I am now clear about that... Conservation of water is the key...If I ever make it to UAE i will look for you...I know you are observant muslim so I buy you a tea..lol:wave:

The UAE will be 50 years old come 2nd of December. I really am wondering what sort of celebrations they have in store. Especially since EXPO2020 will also be on !

I mean covid has hit all economies pretty hard so hopefully they do not cheap out :P

Abu Dhabi Skyline by geiguefoto, on Flickr

Happy Friday ! / The Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque in Abu Dhabi by Frans Sellies, on Flickr

Abu Dhabi by David Heath, on Flickr

Abu Dhabi city, UAE by Leonid Yaitskiy, on Flickr

Abu Dhabi Circuit -0053 by Richard Jonkman, on Flickr

Abu Dhabi Night Panorama by Rok_hopper, on Flickr

F1 Abu Dhabi '09-0394 by Richard Jonkman, on Flickr

Abu Dhabi: Breakwater Marina by Dr. Thomas Liptak, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom