What's new

Bigger Threat to the World?

Everyone is complaining about American support to the Israeli's while ignoring huge American aid ($$ and military) to the Arab and Moslem world. Why is that?

Let us first analyse US support to Israel and the Muslim world.

1. Financial support:

Israel gets two kinds of aid from US. One is the US governemnt support. She has been the biggest receipient of US aid as well as grant since 1967. This covers both Military as well Economic. No kind of Technology or Intelligence is ever denied to Israel.

US has more Jews than living in Israel and Israel gets huge inflows as donations. Despite Israel being known Atomic power; no sanctions were ever applied to Israel. Israeli agents have been known to work in Arab countries as US citizens as was the case in Egypt when under Nasser.

2. Political support:

Number of times US has vetoed or 'Watered Down' UN resolutions condemning Israel runs into hundreds. There are/ have been so many Jews in the US in influential positions ( Henry Kissenger for example) that one can arguably state that US foriegn policy is geared towards supporting Israel no matter what.

Now lets us look at the US support to Muslim countries.

Pakistan has received large amounts of US Aid of all kinds but only as long as US needed Pakistan. The day Pakistan usefulness ends, so ends the aid.

Egypt: Egypt only became US aid receipient after the 'Camp David Accord' in 1974. Aid to Egypt is conditional upon non aggression between Israel and Egypt. The day Egypt becomes a threat to Israel, there will be no more aid.

Iran under the Shah and KSA have never received aid. They have been sold huge amount of military hardware for cash. This is a way of getting back the petro dollars. In return for this favour US firms got very lucrative contracts.
However as soon as Iran got a anti US govt no more sales to Iran. The same will happen to KSA (Saudi Arabia) if there is a change in KSA policy.

One can look at any muslim country and will find that either US Aid or the sale of US hardware has always had many strings attached. IMO even comparing Israel with any other country vis-a -vis US is a denial of geopolitical realities.

I consider myself an objective and rational human being; not easily riled up. But comments by Hon Srirangan noted above are without justification and smack of a strong anti muslim bias worthy of Bal Thakery/ Bajrang Dal worker. I must admit that if the Hon. fellow member deliberately wanted to provoke me, he has succeeded.

Funny .. I did not want to provoke you, but if you do get provoked, I can't be blamed.

May I ask for the rationale is calling me Bajrang Dal or whatever? Read my comment, did you see the word "hindu", "India" etc anywhere in it?

The bias is in your interpretation, not my comment.

--

You make valid points about conditional US aid to muslim nations.

Funny .. I did not want to provoke you, but if you do get provoked, I can't be blamed.

May I ask for the rationale is calling me Bajrang Dal or whatever? Read my comment, did you see the word "hindu", "India" etc anywhere in it?

The bias is in your interpretation, not my comment.

--

You make valid points about conditional US aid to muslim nations.

I only said that 'It smacked of Bal Thakey or Bajrang Dal'.

In my mind members of this forum are educated and objective people and the difference between US attitude towards Israel and other muslim US aid receipient countries is so clear; that it should be evident to every one. Your comments were therefore interpreted by me as deliberate:chilli: provocation.

It is however not 'Cool' to lose one's cool and I should not have lost my composure.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom