What's new

Blood of Indians on Iran's hands

The question is do WE have the capability to save people from a sunken decompression chamber at 70 meters. I think not. The IN is acquiring the capabilities of carrying out undersea rescue now. We do not have the capability yet.

does the GOI run an undersea pipeline without having such capabilities- should any govt?. and if they run such operations , don't you think it is incumbent of the GOI to have such saftey measures and assets in place? I don't get this - do you propose projects are run on a prayer? if you had that attitude at work they would fire you...

would you plan a war without having enough ammunition? or medical triage units? " send them in- if they get shot- leave them to bleed to death"...

100 persons died not a long time ago in persian gulf AND no newspapers was speaking about it
If 10 guys were diing in USA they would say it
that's life ! the world is like this.

look: usa only speak about the dead soldiers in iraq they count it .. but they don't care of the iraqis
which are 100 times more to die

it is a pain. we should not hate people because of this. but look for the changes needed so we 'd be respected.

rip to the dead.

The answer for all this is very simple ..Americans & Westerners put a very high price on their citizens and it can be seen in how Israel exchanged 1027 Palestenians for just one of their citizen.

Even if it did happen in the moon our reaction would be the same...and also we are not the ones with slave mentality..you guys are the ones thinking your the master of the south asians. Working in Iran is safer then India?? lol...Your weird!!
I didn't know I was arab.
lool

buddy, apart from these guys, are there even any more South Asians working in Iran? wtf are you talking about?

and yes, working in Iran is safer. Iran's HDI is in the "high" bracket (we're 72nd) while India is in the hundreds. Our GDP PPP/head is above 10K etc...
I would assume that working in Iran is safer.

If we don't, atleast make an attempt to bring in people who have the capability like Americans or Scandinavians.

Yes, the American could have helped. We do not know how far the western undersea rescue teams were located. Most likely, the US Fifth Fleet and the US Navy Central Command located at Manama, Bahrain would have been equipped to carry out a rescue operation. That is where I think the lines get blurred. This was an Iranian oil company operation all the victims were employees. The onus of rescuing was theirs. Could the GOI request the USN to rescue a sunken Iranian vessel if the Iranians do not want the help? I do not know.

The answer for all this is very simple ..Americans & Westerners put a very high price on their citizens and it can be seen in how Israel exchanged 1027 Palestenians for just one of their citizen.
no sherlock, the answer is smtg else. The West has already developed. We haven't. They also made such sacrifices when they were developing.

God, you guys are such malodramatic crybabies.

does the GOI run an undersea pipeline without having such capabilities- should any govt?. and if they run such operations , don't you think it is incumbent of the GOI to have such saftey measures and assets in place? I don't get this - do you propose projects are run on a prayer? if you had that attitude at work they would fire you...

would you plan a war without having enough ammunition? or medical triage units? " send them in- if they get shot- leave them to bleed to death"...

Thank you very much now kindly get off my back, will you?

Yes, the American could have helped. We do not know how far the western undersea rescue teams were located. Most likely, the US Fifth Fleet and the US Navy Central Command located at Manama, Bahrain would have been equipped to carry out a rescue operation. That is where I think the lines get blurred. This was an Iranian oil company operation all the victims were employees. The onus of rescuing was theirs. Could the GOI request the USN to rescue a sunken Iranian vessel if the Iranians do not want the help? I do not know.

Thats where diplomatic skill comes in and I think thats where GoI failed.

100 persons died not a long time ago in persian gulf AND no newspapers was speaking about it
If 10 guys were diing in USA they would say it
that's life ! the world is like this.

look: usa only speak about the dead soldiers in iraq they count it .. but they don't care of the iraqis
which are 100 times more to die

it is a pain. we should not hate people because of this. but look for the changes needed so we 'd be respected.

rip to the dead.

take it up with your govt and your people who never said a word about whichever 100 people died episode you speak off - because they consider its people a " number". Just because you show callous attitude towards it--- should the rest of the world too? this is not about the IRAQ war. This is you people ruuning an operation half assed . this about no respect for human lives by having appropriate safety measures in place. This is about not being able to even rescue people only 200 meters below

keep in mind I fault indian govt, people as much for creating an enviroment that allows such mon and pop operations like this one to allow its citizens to be put at risk and not demand they raise a 4 alarm , all hands on deck. everyone in the world we have 72 hrs - please come and rescue because we are incapable of doing so.

no sherlock, the answer is smtg else. The West has already developed. We haven't. They also made such sacrifices when they were developing.

God, you guys are such malodramatic crybabies.

Not as much as India is making ....130,000 dead each year in road accidents alone...Dear God, thats equal to the population of some island nations and GoI didn't care as we have 1.2 billion to go around.

its sad news.. but blaming iran for accident is no wise.
RIP dead

The incident happened on Thursday.

A search team was send and rescue team was also send.

A group of 40 divers resumed the rescue operation on Saturday morning too.

yasaman.hashemi20111021063434030.jpg

They rescued 40 men including Indians on board.

But some were trapped in pressurized diving chambers and couldnt be rescued due to the depth of 73 meters which is hard even for scuba divers. The rescuers were on the assumption that people in chambers would be safe as 48 hours of oxygen was present inside.

To make a huge cry on this unfortunate incident is not needed when bigger problems are existing. the bridge collapse and 32 dead for instance.

Every life is valuable be it divers or a common man. Commenting without knowing the incident is a futile exercise.

Thats where diplomatic skill comes in and I think thats where GoI failed.

Yes, maybe you are right. Just that there is so much we do not know. Under sea rescue operations are never easy. After all the Kursk died in 100 meters of water off the coast of Russia in the middle of a Russian Navy exercise with the whole Russian Northern Fleet present within hailing distance. We have to develop these capabilities ourselves without depending on others to save our @sses.

JayATL you have to realise that India is not the US. The mentality in GoI is "So what if 6 Indians died, we have another Billion left".

It's sad but it's true. :frown:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom