What's new

Calling out the elephant in the room - TTP's origin and supporters.

TheSolution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm seeing a lot of odd opinions regarding the Peshawar bombing by TTP.

Some claims are:

- It's a conspiracy hatched by the state to kill Pashtuns specifically for god knows what reason.

- TTP are a proxy of the ISI.

I find these claims to be quite frankly rooted in a victim complex but also void of any reality.

Are we all going to deny the unusually large amount of support for the TTP in Pakistani society, especially in KPK?

Are we going to act like the TTP doesn't hold huge amounts of support in Pashtun nationalist circles, all Afghans and their refugees, PTM separatist types, and religious extremist folks?

To pin TTP and its attacks on the ISI is just funny to me considering the above, you will encounter Afghans, Afghan refugees, Pashtun nationalists, PTM type separatist all celebrating TTP and their attacks.

But now suddenly the TTP is an ISI proxy and their goal is to kill Pashtuns?

This is void of logic and reality to me, and seems immersed in a victim complex. Especially considering various channels connected to the TTP claimed responsibility then attempted to back out of it.

Opinions below please.

@villageidiot @epebble @Menace2Society @hussain0216 @Mirzali Khan @Solidify @313ghazi @Meengla @kingQamaR @PakFactor @Ali_14 @AlKardai @Mujahid Memon @Signalian

Mentioned this another thread just a few minutes ago:

Considering the current widespread hatred for the army, it's easy to pin anything on the state/ISI. Most people have ulterior motives like the Afghans/refugees and the ethnonationalists, but low IQ youthiyas are gullible and naive so they are falling for the narrative and propagating it, which is cleverly leveraging the army hatred.

Ultimately you can't help youthiyas, for the same reasons mentioned above, they are gullible and naive. The only solution is political stability and building a public counternarrative.

Youthiya/Patwari types are sheep, you don't handle them individually or using logic, you hand them a public opinion lollipop and they just regurgitate it. Simple as that. They are personality worshippers.

Its the usual stockholm syndrome, conspiracy theory, wrist slitting behavior. Anything to not put the blame on Afghans.

They will go back to offering their daughters to Afghans and when they start abusing them again cry out for PA to save them.

Its the usual stockholm syndrome, conspiracy theory, wrist slitting behavior. Anything to not put the blame on Afghans.
There are 3 types:

1. People who have ulterior motives, they know it's probably not true, but the narrative supports their overall political desires. This includes ethnonationalists, and Afghans/refugees, separatist types.

2. Gullible and naive youthiyas, they usually fall victim to #1 type, the reason they fall victim is because of the army hatred which is widespread so it's easy to just agree and follow along: yes it's the army, you're right. Not much sign of intelligence and critical thinking, so you can't blame them.

3. Genuine people who actually believe it's an ISI plot to kill Pashtuns. I would call this as "Pashtun paranoia" - the belief that somehow everyone has an ulterior motive out to get you. Blast happened in Peshawar, forget TTP, its support base, etc, just skip to someone is out to kill the Pashtuns.

All is chilled. Economy is ok, politics is under control, and this will soon settle so, therefore, Army can carry on doing the same things with absolutely no whatsoever repercussions.

I get this is sarcasm but wrong thread:

I THINK EVERYONE CAN AGREE WE ARE CURRENTLY IN A NATION-WIDE POLITICAL, ECONOMIC AND SOCIETALLY FRAGMENTED CRISIS DUE TO THE VNC TARGETED AT IMRAN KHAN.

Regardless of how we interpret public opinion or even if we think it's illogical, the fact is that it exists and the only solution is to return political stability immediately.

I'm seeing a lot of odd opinions regarding the Peshawar bombing by TTP.

Some claims are:

- It's a conspiracy hatched by the state to kill Pashtuns specifically for god knows what reason.

- TTP are a proxy of the ISI.

I find these claims to be quite frankly rooted in a victim complex but also void of any reality.

Are we all going to deny the unusually large amount of support for the TTP in Pakistani society, especially in KPK?

Are we going to act like the TTP doesn't hold huge amounts of support in Pashtun nationalist circles, all Afghans and their refugees, PTM separatist types, and religious extremist folks?

To pin TTP and its attacks on the ISI is just funny to me considering the above, you will encounter Afghans, Afghan refugees, Pashtun nationalists, PTM type separatist all celebrating TTP and their attacks.

This is void of logic and reality to me, and seems immersed in a victim complex. Especially considering various channels connected to the TTP claimed responsibility then attempted to back out of it.

Opinions below please.

@villageidiot @epebble @Menace2Society @hussain0216 @Mirzali Khan @Solidify @313ghazi @Meengla @kingQamaR @PakFactor @Ali_14 @AlKardai @Mujahid Memon @Signalian

I don't care about TTP, ISI, PTM or PDM anymore.
I am neutral now. Fight your 5th gen war yourself.

Gullible and naive youthiyas, they usually fall victim to #1 type, the reason they fall victim is because of the army hatred

No so called yourthiya was ever against army, they have just become neutral. Suck it up.

Final thoughts:

I know it's foolish to say that ISI was behind this attack but they cannot run away from answering how a suicide bomber was able to cross all those checkpoints and do his job so easily? Where were our agencies sleeping? Or they were busy poking their noses somewhere else?

Point is, the unfortunate hatred towards establishment today is a sad reality. And only establishment itself is solely responsible for it.

Last edited:
I don't care about TTP, ISI, PTM or PDM anymore.
I am neutral now. Fight your 5th gen war yourself.

No so called yourthiya was ever against army, they have just become neutral. Suck it up.

Final thoughts:

I know it's foolish to say that ISI was behind this attack but they cannot run away from answering how a suicide bomber was able to cross all those checkpoints and do his job so easily? Where were our agencies sleeping? Or they were busy poking their noses somewhere else?

Point is, the unfortunate hatred towards establishment today is a sad reality. And only establishment itself is solely responsible for it.
Agreed bro, at the end of the day it is of course due to the incompetency and anti-state actions of the establishment.

But I was specifically wondering about this incident.

On the flip side, the KP folks can say, the reason some of us support TTP is the same as Punjabis support TLP, JeM, LJ, SSP.

Point is, apart from the terrorist face value, there is an ethnic dimension support to it as well. Perfectly normal.

And I hate saying this but I'll be the devil's advocate here:

Wait for another song about martyrs of this attack from ISPR in a couple of months time. :hitwall:

By the way, where is that DG ISPR these days? I have started to miss his ridiculous f0ckery.

On the flip side, the KP folks can say, the reason some of us support TTP is the same as Punjabis support TLP, JeM, LJ, SSP.

Point is, apart from the terrorist face value, there is an ethnic dimension support to it as well. Perfectly normal.
I'm not involved in the Punjabi vs Pashtun drama.

I would prefer to stay out of it as someone from AJK and Pahari ethnicity.

But I will say to compare TTP with those groups is disingenuous, I have hardly ever heard anything about them. Majority of terror attacks are from TTP/BLA networks.

TTP is not a centralised group that if the leader is our enemy, then everyone is your enemy,

It has many factions and is available for the higher bidder.

Whatever the values Pak army has, I am sure ruthlessness and pure evil are not of these.

However, dirty harry and co are not from this breed. They are ruthless, selfish and inhuman.
To them, Pakistanis, Jawans, policemen, etc., as disposable as bottle caps.

TTP is not a centralised group that if the leader is our enemy, then everyone is your enemy,

It has many factions and is available for the higher bidder.

Whatever the values Pak army has, I am sure ruthlessness and pure evil are not of these.

However, dirty harry and co are not from this breed. They are ruthless, selfish and inhuman.
To them, Pakistanis, Jawans, policemen, etc., as disposable as bottle caps.
If anyone allies with the ideology of the TTP, how are they not your enemy?

If anyone allies with the ideology of the TTP, how are they not your enemy?
they are.. but the thing is that they have no ideology except a few. Yes, TTP mustn't be negotiated with etc.
What I was highlighting is that any part of the group can do a dirty job. There is no strong hierarchy like the Badar group which is alleged to receive funds to kill IK.

they are.. but the thing is that they have no ideology except a few. Yes, TTP mustn't be negotiated with etc.
What I was highlighting is that any part of the group can do a dirty job. There is no strong hierarchy like the Badar group which is alleged to receive funds to kill IK.
I think this would make a good thread bro for better understanding.

"The structure and nature of TTP - splinter groups and hired mercenaries. "

I think @N.Siddiqui mentioned something similar it would be good to discuss it in detail

Back
Top Bottom