What's new

China’s Submarine Fleet, Evolution & news

24698e701b3c23e0a8fd0c.png
24698e701b3c23e0a8bb0a.png
24698e701b3c23e0a8de0b.png

Via http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/view/2022-05/09/content_10153039.htm

You just answered your question: Russia paid an hefty price by staying too close to the shore, didn't they? Even when they are supposed to have eliminated the Ukrainian naval capabilities in the first week of war, their own navy get wack near the coast.

You are extremely confident of US ability to operate subs within 2000km from China's shore, when China's land-based ASW capability isn't like 5 years ago. Your "quiestest" subs are not going to be able to operate freely when the sea and air near the coast are contested, and you act like there is some magic wand US subs can wave that guarantees 100% safe from "undersea mountain" near Chinese coast.

If that's not unrealistic optimism, I don't know what is.
Actually Ukraine war also teach us that Ukraine doesn't has anything to counter Russian's Kalibir or something missiles attack from their sub. And have to pay a huge price that their supply line being hit periodically. And they're just hide under Black sea. Not SCS nor East China Sea.

Last edited:
When all the surface vessels of the USN are gone, do you think their subs alone can withstand all the bombardment from the sky?

The modern drones with strong ASW ability with AI will be the worst nightmare even for the most silent nuclear subs.

The LA class are all close to the age of retirement, and the metal structure of the hull cannot hold any longer when its lifespan is close to the end, and no way it can beat the most recent nuclear subs built by China.

Heck, the USN even treats its elite nuclear sub the Seawolf class like cr@p, and if they would ever try to use the older LA class to poke China, it will turn out to be an even bigger embarrassment for them.

The problem is that they also have land based military assets near you. From Okinawa, Taiwan, Miyako Strait, etc. You can flattened them with your long range arti and missiles, but they can also destroy your high value land based assets when both sides bombard each others. Who know what they will destroy in your shore when missiles exchange between the strait is happening. Will that moment weakened your anti sub capability, to give access to US Subs to SCS freely? Or your vital long range radar that can give access to US air assets to bombard China? Nobody know.

Saw a HK news video a couple days ago about Ma (who's credited with China's electromagnetic catapult EMALS on 003 and the electromagnetic gun development) completing the development of electromagnetically-launched torpedoes. I couldn't find much, or any, info from English sources. It's said that the electromagnetically-launched torpedoes have advantages over traditional lauching methods. An experienced anti-sub sonar tech could detect a traditional torpedo launch from afar and could triangulate the location of the sub. The Soviet innovated an water-compresssed launching system that lowers the sound made by the traditionally launched system but the sub would have to launch from lower depth and cause imbalanced movements(?) of the sub. The electromagnetical launching system does not have either of these problems and will greatly make the launching of torpedoes quieter and increase the survival of the sub after launching.

I'm not a submarine or any weapon system expert and I'm not sure if other people have already discussed this system in depth. But it seems to me the news are from the last couple days and not in any English source. I'm just sharing and perhaps some of you experts can shed some light on the system.

Link Youtube: China's electromagnetically-launched torpedoes

The problem is that they also have land based military assets near you. From Okinawa, Taiwan, Miyako Strait, etc. You can flattened them with your long range arti and missiles, but they can also destroy your high value land based assets when both sides bombard each others. Who know what they will destroy in your shore when missiles exchange between the strait is happening. Will that moment weakened your anti sub capability, to give access to US Subs to SCS freely? Or your vital long range radar that can give access to US air assets to bombard China? Nobody know.

The air strikes from the aircraft cannot be faster than the hypersonic missiles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom