What's new

COAS Bajwa first Pakistani to represent UK Queen at Military Academy Sandhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that's why he went there! To get this award of millennium!! There was no London Plan! After all he is Patriot in Chief of Pakistan.
Such an honor for Pakistan and Pakistan Armed Forces.
Would he also get a insignia to put on his chest to show to rest of coming generations??

That’s what @Jango and I assert is that not every role is suited to the GDE( General Duties Employee) attitude of the Pakistani military.
Instead of taking a few courses(or none at all) and then running various organizations they need to realize not only are they not jack of all trades but they degrade their mastery of the core tasks assigned to them by doing so.

Don't know about you, but I have been labelled as being ignorant in matters such as these and unaware...so perhaps the fooooj does know better! :D

Here is a country that has a sordid history with our subcontinent. It destroyed our royal lineage. It killed the sons of our last Mughal emperor. It waged constant warfare with Pushtun tribes, while using chemical weapons in what today is KPK (authorized by Churchill). Not once has it apologized for its conduct. This is a country that harbors all the looted wealth from Pakistan, and protects a class of "political" men and women who are destroying Pakistan. This is a country that has given protection to Altaf Hussain who has the blood of many Pakistanis including Pakistani soldiers. And this is a country that created a wedge in Islam through another branch of minorities who are supported, protected and funded. This group was classified in the early 20th century as agents of the Kingdom. Yet our primary leader of security does what he does. If I was a person in uniform or a government functionary I would refuse to partake in such feel good events so as long as the UK harbors our looted wealth and crooks, and terrorists like Altaf Hussain. When men in position like our chief operate in a slovenly manner as he does, there is little good that will come out of or to Pakistan. Shameless leaders of Pakistan.

(Deep rooted ties claimed by COAS - The deep rooted ties are well described above for the Chief - maybe someone should give him a history lesson).

Come to think of it, it is amazing how the UK has managed to become the global good boy in the eyes of many.

While the US is lambasted across the world for being an imperialist and having a presence everywhere, the UK (in general public) largely avoids any criticism of it's role in the mess the world is in right now.

If people start reading the role of the UK in the middle east and sub-continent, how it divided the countries up and made borders, (and possibly Africa, but I am not much well versed in UK involvement in Africa), the US will become a child in front of that.

Don't know about you, but I have been labelled as being ignorant in matters such as these and unaware...so perhaps the fooooj does know better! :D
it is not like you need people outside of the military

But having a dedicated career background would make a heck of a difference instead of picking out a favorite long course buddy or former subordinate

Here is the head of usaf public relations
https://www.publicaffairs.af.mil/Un...phies/Display/Article/3082949/tony-m-wickman/

Im only highlighting his relevant education:

1996, Bachelor of Science degree in public relations, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.

2001, Master of Arts in human relations degree, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma

2002, Public Affairs Officer Qualification Course in residence, Defense Information School, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

2004, Information Operations Fundamentals Course by correspondence, Vermont ANG
2004, Information Warfare Applications Course in residence, College of Aerospace Doctrine and Research, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
(does PA or any branch have an equivalent course @PanzerKiel ?)

2008, Joint Expeditionary Public Affairs Course in residence, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

2012, Joint Intermediate Public Affairs Course in residence, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

2017, Joint Senior Public Affairs Course in residence, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

He is still a career military officer but his qualifications and experience match the role requirements

Now, does that mean one create an entire branch for the PA with completely different budgets and requirements?

No, but the different courses highlighted could be run by civilian instructors and made part of both staff college as electives but also ongoing education.. maybe even a dedicated joint masters run through lets say NDU which lets certain officers get a MA in Human relations or otherwise.

ISPR isn’t a bad idea, but the execution of how its staffed seems to be.

it is not like you need people outside of the military

But having a dedicated career background would make a heck of a difference instead of picking out a favorite long course buddy or former subordinate

Here is the head of usaf public relations
https://www.publicaffairs.af.mil/Un...phies/Display/Article/3082949/tony-m-wickman/

Im only highlighting his relevant education:

1996, Bachelor of Science degree in public relations, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.

2001, Master of Arts in human relations degree, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma

2002, Public Affairs Officer Qualification Course in residence, Defense Information School, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

2004, Information Operations Fundamentals Course by correspondence, Vermont ANG
2004, Information Warfare Applications Course in residence, College of Aerospace Doctrine and Research, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
(does PA or any branch have an equivalent course @PanzerKiel ?)

2008, Joint Expeditionary Public Affairs Course in residence, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

2012, Joint Intermediate Public Affairs Course in residence, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

2017, Joint Senior Public Affairs Course in residence, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

He is still a career military officer but his qualifications and experience match the role requirements

Now, does that mean one create an entire branch for the PA with completely different budgets and requirements?

No, but the different courses highlighted could be run by civilian instructors and made part of both staff college as electives but also ongoing education.. maybe even a dedicated joint masters run through lets say NDU which lets certain officers get a MA in Human relations or otherwise.

ISPR isn’t a bad idea, but the execution of how its staffed seems to be.

Completely agree.

When we were last having this conversation, I looked over the porfile of the Pentagon spokesman, John Kirby.

He was initially commissioned as a Surface Warfare Officer, but then restricted to a line officer. Just like how the PAF does it, a select few from the GDP course get restricted to AD or other roles.

You can have a select minority (depending upon the requirements), be dedicated to PR.

The military already sends officers to external colleges and institutions for higher studies, you could do the same and get them a year long course or a short course in PR or something similar. Point being, it does not have to be restricted to NDU or Staff College.

Moreover, the ISPR has now transformed from being the butt of jokes and a dead end posting to being something much more powerful. You have two prior DG ISPR's become Corps Commanders.

On the flip side though, if you restrict an officer to this role, then he will not have much room for wiggle outside of ISPR, and after the DG posting it's basically retirement. But I guess same can be somewhat said of other arms like EME, Signals, Aviation etc. The US military setup affords much greater movement for an officer within the restricted line, the PA by virtue of it's size does not.

So pros and cons to both approaches, but that much is certain that you need to change the current way it is setup.

Is this a good news or bad? I mean if our cadets top British academy, that is something.. I guess he was just chief guest of the ceremony so nothing to worry about.
nonetheless it is causing painful cramps in indians, parsis and pdf's keyboard jehadi warriors' tummies

Last edited:
I actually think this Bajwa guy is not very intelligent, I don’t know Pakistani generals by name but this guy seems like a bad leader. I remember the video of him pushing his SSG bodyguards at last year’s parade. Seems like a low IQ guy that somehow made it into leadership. This move is so unbecoming of him.

And it also shows the flaws of filtration ie leadership grooming in pak army.

I actually think this Bajwa guy is not very intelligent, I don’t know Pakistani generals by name but this guy seems like a bad leader. I remember the video of him pushing his SSG bodyguards at last year’s parade. Seems like a low IQ guy that somehow made it into leadership. This move is so unbecoming of him.
He made it here because of his FIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom