What's new

Egyptian National and Strategic Development Projects: News and Updates

Egypt signs an investment agreement in green hydrogen worth $16 billion with Indian companies

1694804218094.jpeg

15/09/2023

Egypt is on the verge of securing a game-changing $16 billion investment deal with two prominent Indian companies, ACME Group and Ocior Energy.
This announcement was made by Yahya Al-Wathiq Billah, Chairman of the Egyptian Trade Authority, indicating Egypt’s strong commitment to producing green hydrogen.

The agreement with ACME Group, which was established in late August through a memorandum of understanding, outlines plans to build a massive green hydrogen industrial complex in Ain Sokhna. This complex will extend over an area of 4.5 million square meters of land, and is scheduled to become a major center for green hydrogen production. Once operational, it is expected to generate 2.2 million tons of green hydrogen annually. ACME Group's ambitious project carries an investment of $12 billion, underscoring the significant financial commitment involved in Egypt's green hydrogen endeavors.

Also noteworthy is Ocior Energy's plan, unveiled in August, to direct investments of up to $4 billion into green hydrogen production. This initiative will be located within the Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZone), a strategically located area that has tremendous potential to expand green hydrogen capacity in Egypt.

https://www.elwatannews.com/news/details/6803473

The technology industry, a sunken ancient city, and $35 billion in energy investments

Egypt transports the nuclear reactor core trap to the Dabaa station in preparation for its installation..

1695508056187.jpeg

September 21, 2023

Today, Thursday, the Nuclear Power Plants Authority moved the nuclear reactor core trap to the site designated for the first nuclear unit of the Dabaa station, in preparation for its installation on the 50th anniversary of the glorious October victory.

This comes within the framework of the Nuclear Power Plants Authority’s accelerated steps to implement the Dabaa Nuclear Power Plant project, the dream of Egyptians.

The nuclear reactor core trap is one of the most important and distinctive equipment of the advanced third-generation Russian reactors, and contributes to achieving the highest rates of nuclear safety to ensure the safe and continuous operation of the Dabaa nuclear station.

It is worth noting that it took about 14 months to manufacture the nuclear reactor core trap in the Russian Federation. It is a unique protection system that will be installed under the bottom of the reactor vessel with the aim of raising the degree of security and safety of the station.

I love the Egyptian motorways

they should have started with High Speed 10 years ago and by now they would have had a good rail system

only one in Africa is the Casablanca to Tangier High Speed called the Al Buraq in Morocco

You know, they had is written correctly, as 'Marsa Matruh' not sure why he kept saying "Marsa Mutrah" :D

They should be almost halfway through this by now. I also heard (through the grapevine) that the cancellation of the initial MOA with the Chinese was because of their help with the Renaissance dam and when the topic was brough up, it created a lot of tensions, hence why they specifically delayed the project to seek other bids and that was how the Germans swept right on in and won the contract.

I love the Egyptian motorways

You've been to Egypt, bro? That stretch from the 90s to the early 2010s where a steady decline and they ended up getting really bad.

The thing that makes me apprehensive about this project is the obvious, safety; in both aspects, maintenance-wise and terrorist-wise. Many of those remote, desert areas where it'll be traveling will have to be protected somehow and even monitored. It'll be a challenge and hopefully they get it right after spending $23 billion!

they should have started with High Speed 10 years ago and by now they would have had a good rail system

Most definitely. We should've started with a lot of things decades ago but that's what happens when there's constant war, corruption, military rule and suffocation etc. I guess better late than never.

The German company "BOSCH" chose 10th of Ramadan City to establish its first factories in Egypt and Africa with investments of 80 million euros. The factory is being implemented within the new industrial zone 'Zona Franca' on an area of 168 thousand square meters with a production capacity of 400 thousand stove appliances annually and will enter the production stage by the end of 2024.

Egypt and the Emirates, a historic agreement, and huge gas discoveries..

Despite Sisi coming out in 2017 and actually telling NBC that he won't be running for a 3rd term because he wants to respect the constitution and its two-term limits, it's hard to believe now since he hasn't said much of that, and elections are somewhat around the corner. And not just that, but parliament is pushing for amendments to the term limit in the constitution because they want to grant him a 3rd term. The problem with that is it opens up a huge possibility for doubting the essence of the system and invite all sorts of actual corruption as well as allegations of corruption.

As much as I am a fan of Sisi and wish he would stay on because there are way too many critical projects and issues he has started and needs to see through (such as this one in this video) and there just doesn't seem to be another candidate capable of that task, but I still which the adopted constitution is respected regardless of outside pressure. We'll have to wait and see.

Despite Sisi coming out in 2017 and actually telling NBC that he won't be running for a 3rd term because he wants to respect the constitution and its two-term limits, it's hard to believe now since he hasn't said much of that, and elections are somewhat around the corner. And not just that, but parliament is pushing for amendments to the term limit in the constitution because they want to grant him a 3rd term. The problem with that is it opens up a huge possibility for doubting the essence of the system and invite all sorts of actual corruption as well as allegations of corruption.

As much as I am a fan of Sisi and wish he would stay on because there are way too many critical projects and issues he has started and needs to see through (such as this one in this video) and there just doesn't seem to be another candidate capable of that task, but I still which the adopted constitution is respected regardless of outside pressure. We'll have to wait and see.
Maybe Sisi can function as an overseer of the projects he started. So he can bring them to a successful end without going for a third term. Me think everyone in Egypt knows that these projects are crucical for Egypts future.

Maybe Sisi can function as an overseer of the projects he started. So he can bring them to a successful end without going for a third term. Me think everyone in Egypt knows that these projects are crucical for Egypts future.

I don't think there has ever been a precedent who did anything like that, where a ruling president or prime minister ends his full terms and then accepts a lesser standing position. That would be even tougher for an ex-field marshal and minister of defense military man.

It's going to be interesting to see what he ends up doing. He's probably looking around and seeing other leaders somehow consistently holding on to their positions. Erdogan, King Hussein, MBS and even in the supposed only democracy in the region and somehow Netanyahu has been PM for the last what, 15 - 20 years? lool. Sissi's probably thinking it's an earned right for him by now. Also that he's done so much to bring the country to where it's at that maybe he deserves to stay in power like those other guys.

I have a feeling that they'll hold parliamentary votes on a referendum to amend the constitution for additional terms and suspend the elections while that gets put to vote and becomes adopted into law, then he gets reelected.

Last edited:
Eni reveals a gas field estimated at 10 trillion feet, a third of the first field in Zohr in Egypt
The "Orion-1X" well reserves are estimated at 10 trillion cubic feet of gas..

Eni, the Italian multinational energy company, achieved a major milestone on October 10 when it began drilling operations for the Orion-1X exploration well in the Northeast Hapi exploration license, located in the offshore Nile Delta.

The Saipem Santorini drillship, equipped with the latest technologies and expertise, is currently participating in operations in difficult water depths of up to 730 metres. This endeavor is part of Egypt's ambitious plan to push the energy sector forward by drilling up to 35 new wells for gas exploration and development in the eastern Mediterranean, off the coast of Egypt, during the next two years, according to the Oil and Gas Middle East website. ", and Al-Arabiya.net reviewed it."

The Orion-1X well is a critical component of this strategic initiative, targeting a four-way chalk structure with tremendous potential. Initial assessments indicate that the well contains an estimated 10 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas and 400 million barrels (MMbl) of valuable liquids, cementing its position as a highly promising asset.

Energean is a partner in the North-East Hapi exploration area license, and holds a 30% stake. In an effort to improve its portfolio and strengthen its position, Energean is currently in the final stages of negotiating a deal to acquire 11% of its working interest in the license. This strategic step underscores the collaborative nature of the industry and the shared commitment to realizing the full potential of Egypt’s marine resources.

The Orion-1X well and the broader drilling campaign represent a massive investment with an impressive budget of US$1.8 billion allocated to support these endeavors. Leading global energy companies, including Eni, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Shell and BP, have taken the lead in driving this initiative forward.
With the potential for significant gas and liquids reserves, this project could be a game-changer for the energy landscape in Egypt and the wider Eastern Mediterranean region.

* Egypt may start with a daily production of 174 million cubic feet per day and reach about 800 million cubic feet after a while..

With the potential for significant gas and liquids reserves, this project could be a game-changer for the energy landscape in Egypt and the wider Eastern Mediterranean region.

Excellent news. Let's hope it's a game changer although they've already discovered a ton of gas there but the more the merrier. 10 trillion cubic feet at a depth or 730 meters and that's only 1/3 of Zohr is crazy, but I do remember Zohr being a little over 30 trillion cf so that makes sense. I always wondered if that's the cumulative stock or the pressurized & retrievable stock that can actually be pumped out. A lot of big names investing that $1.8 billion in this endeavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom