What's new

F-22p News & Discussions

I don't see what effort and material would be required to make the ship interoperable with any of the mentioned navies: that already are.

See international fleet exercises already being participated in by PN with the current Type 21 ships.

thankyou sir, i am really gratefull!!
:cheers:

dc9a81cfa7d2d0a8df1a716f9443746c.jpg

well a great news guys,,,
pakistan have got the second F22p frigate...

PAKISTAN RECIEVED 2ND F-22P

Commissioning of F-22P frigate held | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

ISLAMABAD (APP) – Commissioning of F-22P frigate for Pakistan - PNS Shamsheer - was held on Saturday at Shanghai, China, where Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Nauman Bashir was the chief guest. Speaking on the occasion, Admiral Nauman said, “Pak-China friendship is deep rooted, everlasting and is further bolstering day by day. This exemplary friendship has always remained a source of close cooperation in the strategic and other defence fields.”
The Frigate is 2nd ship of the Sword class series and commissioning of this ship has marked yet another pinnacle of this project which demonstrates untiring and total commitment of all those involved in the project. He further said that warship construction was a very complex activity requiring high precision, quality assurance and safety standards. PNS Shamsheer is a very potent addition to the Pakistan Navy fleet and is to form as mainstay of Pakistan Navy surface assets with her other consorts.
The Admiral appreciated all Chinese Engineers and Technicians for their expert and unending efforts in the success of this mega project.
He said that the project was progressing smoothly and all required objectives associated with it were being achieved within stipulated time frame.
Named as PNS Shamsheer, the ship is second in series of the four F-22P Ships. Work on design and construction of F-22P ships started in year 2005 after signing of a contract between Ministry of Defence Production and China Ship trading Company (CSTC) for construction of three ships in China. One Ship is being constructed at Karachi Shipyard under Transfer of Technology Arrangements.
First F-22P ship, PNS Zulfiquar was delivered to Pakistan Navy in August 2009 and is already an integral part of the Pakistan navy Fleet.
F-22P Frigates are equipped with state of the art weaponry and sensor. They also carry Z9EC Helicopters onboard. Addition of these new ships will not only strengthen the PN Fleet with much needed potential but will also contribute in enhancing country’s shipbuilding capabilities.
Commissioning ceremony of PNS Shamsheer was attended by various dignitaries including high-ranking officials from Pakistan Navy, PLA (Navy), management of CSSC, HZ Shipyard and CSTC

:pakistan::china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china::pakistan:

adios

friends i am having some problem with my connection so i am just posting the links to the news report,,
i hope you will still appreciate it!

Commissioning of F-22P ‘Shamsheer’ frigate held in Shanghai

Commissioning of F-22P frigate held | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

regards!

I would like if some senior members can discuss on advantages, disadvantages of ships and frigates as opposed to submarines and what is the good ratio to have between teh two?

Pardon if this information is already published in the thread.

The 730B CIWS is fitted on the aircraft hangar and contains two seven-barrel Gatling guns of 30mm calibre. The CIWS employs type 347G radar and an OFC-3 electro-optic director. It can also be equipped with the FL-3000N fire-and-forget missile system by fitting up to two single-round FL-3000N launchers on each CIWS gun mount.

Sword / F-22P Class Frigates - Naval Technology

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/fl3000n.jpg/

http://img137.imageshack.us/i/fl3000n2.jpg/

thanks Wangrong.. the pic you posted is i suppose the third F22p frigate which according to officials is in final phase of development.
however the one that was commisioned last month and named PNS Shamsheer is:
0d09e0fb3f595b886daf229e0ee2e55a.jpg

second F22p Frigate PNS Shamsheer commisioned in PN

regards!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom