What's new

Greek/Hellenic Armed Forces Thread - Pictures, News Articles and Discussions on all Greek/Hellenic Military Affairs.

Indeed. One of the many great things about the Hellenic Military in general is the abundance of great pics.

I noticed that the HAF really maintains all its aircraft very nicely and especially its F-4E Phantom II, and one tends to notice those particular aircraft because of their age. 35 aircraft, 4 of which came from the Luftwaffe and so any air force that flies these birds has to really put in extra work to keep those things performing safely. I mean, production of the F-4 Phantom really began in 1961, and by the mid-1990s, most countries that were flying these birds began retiring them. But some air forces such as the Japanese Self Defense Force and I think a few others still operate them as frontline fighters and I'm guessing that many of those still flying today were much later builds that don't have hours piled up on them from the late 60's lmao!

But another great thing about the HAF is the way they fly these things. Fly them like they stole them! (that's just a saying) but basically it means fly them hard like they're meant to be flown! Good example here.

View attachment 795849

View attachment 795851

Had my hands on a bunch of recent amazing HAF Mirage 2K pics but lost them! I'll find them.
The Japanese only recently retired them,right? You guys have great photos too. I was trying to upload videos from the parade three years ago,that I took myself. But the video won't upload.

The Japanese only recently retired them,right? You guys have great photos too. I was trying to upload videos from the parade three years ago,that I took myself. But the video won't upload.

Ah crap, we're gonna have to talk about that a bit more, man! Did you try uploading it on a YouTube video? That's probably one of the easiest uploads and then you have an even easier link to link it.

I think you're right about the JSDF F-4s, hard to keep up with all the goings on but they might've just started putting them away, if I'm not mistaken.

Now here's the other super powerhouse of the HAF ooof! Not only so well maintained, but extremely well armed as in this pic. Also, very cool that they've already integrated the SCALPs they bought for these Mirage 2000-5s. Now the HAF essentially has 2 platforms to launch those deadly cruise missiles off of which means they can stock on them like it's no one else's busy.

1637524631273.png

Oh and BTW, isn't it "Happy Hellenic Armed Forces Day" today?

1637525132996.png

DASSAULT AVIATION delivers its first Rafale to Greece
2021/07/21

Group
(Saint-Cloud, France, July 21, 2021) – Eric TRAPPIER, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation, hosted today at the Dassault Aviation Flight Test Center in Istres, the Ceremony of the delivery of the first Rafale for the Hellenic Air Force (HAF), in the presence of Mr. Nikolaos PANAGIOTOPOULOS, Greek Minister of National Defense.
Ceremony hosted by Eric TRAPPIER, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation, in the presence of Mr. Nikolaos PANAGIOTOPOULOS, Minister of National Defense of Greece
(Saint-Cloud, France, July 21, 2021) – Eric TRAPPIER, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation, hosted today at the Dassault Aviation Flight Test Center in Istres, the Ceremony of the delivery of the first Rafale for the Hellenic Air Force (HAF), in the presence of Mr. Nikolaos PANAGIOTOPOULOS, Greek Minister of National Defense.
This first delivery comes successfully only after six months following the signature of the Contract for the acquisition of 18 Rafale, This first aircraft, as well as the next five to come from the French Space and Air Force, will train the HAF Pilots and Technicians in France before deploying to TANAGRA Air Force Base.
A first group of HAF pilots, already trained for several months by the French Space and Air Force, and 50 HAF technicians will joined the Dassault Aviation Conversion Training Center (CTC) in Mérignac, France to continue their training.

The Rafale will provide the HAF with a latest-generation multirole fighter, enabling the Hellenic Republic to ensure its geostrategic stance in full sovereignty. The delivery of the first Rafale is a clear demonstration of France’s determination to meet the government of the Hellenic Republic expectations and to participate actively to the sovereignty of the country.

It illustrates also Dassault Aviation’s outstanding quality of the cooperation with the Hellenic Air Force, through more than 45 years of uninterrupted and strong partnership.

“Following the Mirage F1 in 1974, the Mirage 2000 in 1985 and the Mirage 2000-5 in 2000, the Rafale is now proudly flying with the Hellenic Air Force colors. The Rafale is a Strategic Game Changer for the HAF. It will play an active role by securing Greece’s leadership as a major regional power. I would like to reaffirm our total commitment to the success of the Rafale in Greece,” said Eric Trappier, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation.

@Foinikas
Any pictures of Greek Rafales?

Ah crap, we're gonna have to talk about that a bit more, man! Did you try uploading it on a YouTube video? That's probably one of the easiest uploads and then you have an even easier link to link it.

I think you're right about the JSDF F-4s, hard to keep up with all the goings on but they might've just started putting them away, if I'm not mistaken.

Now here's the other super powerhouse of the HAF ooof! Not only so well maintained, but extremely well armed as in this pic. Also, very cool that they've already integrated the SCALPs they bought for these Mirage 2000-5s. Now the HAF essentially has 2 platforms to launch those deadly cruise missiles off of which means they can stock on them like it's no one else's busy.

View attachment 795861

Oh and BTW, isn't it "Happy Hellenic Armed Forces Day" today?

View attachment 795863
Yes. Thank you sir.
DASSAULT AVIATION delivers its first Rafale to Greece
2021/07/21

Group
Ceremony hosted by Eric TRAPPIER, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation, in the presence of Mr. Nikolaos PANAGIOTOPOULOS, Minister of National Defense of Greece
This first delivery comes successfully only after six months following the signature of the Contract for the acquisition of 18 Rafale, This first aircraft, as well as the next five to come from the French Space and Air Force, will train the HAF Pilots and Technicians in France before deploying to TANAGRA Air Force Base.
A first group of HAF pilots, already trained for several months by the French Space and Air Force, and 50 HAF technicians will joined the Dassault Aviation Conversion Training Center (CTC) in Mérignac, France to continue their training.

The Rafale will provide the HAF with a latest-generation multirole fighter, enabling the Hellenic Republic to ensure its geostrategic stance in full sovereignty. The delivery of the first Rafale is a clear demonstration of France’s determination to meet the government of the Hellenic Republic expectations and to participate actively to the sovereignty of the country.

It illustrates also Dassault Aviation’s outstanding quality of the cooperation with the Hellenic Air Force, through more than 45 years of uninterrupted and strong partnership.

“Following the Mirage F1 in 1974, the Mirage 2000 in 1985 and the Mirage 2000-5 in 2000, the Rafale is now proudly flying with the Hellenic Air Force colors. The Rafale is a Strategic Game Changer for the HAF. It will play an active role by securing Greece’s leadership as a major regional power. I would like to reaffirm our total commitment to the success of the Rafale in Greece,” said Eric Trappier, Chairman and CEO of Dassault Aviation.

@Foinikas
Any pictures of Greek Rafales?
Yes sir!

The first Rafale,a Rafale B

E5f9W1-XoAAqUum.jpg
E5f9XBiXMAgxw1s.jpg
E5f9XMvWEAgI5nx.jpg
DA00044917_S-1024x682.jpg
DA00044911_S.jpg
DA00044915_S.jpg
DA00044916_S.jpg
Rafale-Greek-1-1024x683.jpeg

Following for some HD pics and vids. @Foinikas dont disappoint man...
Here's a good video about the Dassault aircraft in HAF

@Muhammed45 for you too

These beautiful infographics from Naval Analyses show the weapons and systems on some of the Hellenic Navy's ships

EVxHwBq.jpg
J60y1JT.jpg
CQsISk2.jpg
Roussen2.jpg
Machitis.jpg

Thank you, my friend. I've always loved the Hellenic Mirage 2000-5 because they used that very attractive blue on grey sea camo and not only that, they pushed for the fullest capability on that aircraft which included the SCALP cruise missile in that pic. And now they'll be doubling the numbers with the Rafale order, or close to it anyway.

1637882293311.png

1637882317093.png

1637882333840.png

1637882357074.png

1637886985956.png

1637882374850.png

Also with all the naval assets you posted, it's good to see that end of the military spectrum which not too many know of, unfortunately. Now more understand how well defended all those numerous islands are well defended.

Last edited:
Also with all the naval assets you posted, it's good to see that end of the military spectrum which not too many know of, unfortunately. Now more understand how well defended all those numerous islands are well defended.
We need to modernize the fleet and replace a lot of old ships.

The Roussen class Fast Attack Craft were a good start.

Roussen ENG2.jpg

Hydra Class (MEKO 200HN) Frigate Psara

Greek%20Military%20%20%20navy%2013.jpg

Combattante IIIa Fast Attack Craft

Mykonios.jpg

Talking about islands,some old photos

piratesa3.jpg
74302796_10215695406448697_3053062109198811136_o.jpg

piratesa1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom