What's new

Gun Control & Gun Violence in U.S | Mega Thread

Why is it acceptable for a normal person to feel the need to bring a gun to go buy bread and butter. It's absolutely insane
It is not normal. I am a gun owner and it is not normal. I have a Conceal Carry Permit and the last time I (concealed) carried my pistol in public was when I assisted a friend who is a real estate agent specializing in 'distressed' properties, meaning properties that have unique selling problems, such as squatters homeless persons maybe living in them. But other than that, the vast majority of gun owners are nothing like those in the news.

More deadly firearms in USA than the population, Australia had a similar problem earlier, banned the firearms.

In USA, the national rifle association is too strong to let any ban imposed on deadly firearms.

Big gun manufacturers won't let the ban imposed.

More deadly firearms in USA than the population, Australia had a similar problem earlier, banned the firearms.

In USA, the national rifle association is too strong to let any ban imposed on deadly firearms.

Big gun manufacturers won't let the ban imposed.
Am going to say this kindly -- but you do not know what you are talking about.

For starter, all firearms are deadly. I have never handled a harmless gun. And am not talking about unloaded guns. A gun by its intent and design is already deadly in nature. Having no ammunition is just a temporary condition.

Next, we cannot simply 'ban' firearms. The Second Amendment do not make possible any ban.

It is not normal. I am a gun owner and it is not normal. I have a Conceal Carry Permit and the last time I (concealed) carried my pistol in public was when I assisted a friend who is a real estate agent specializing in 'distressed' properties, meaning properties that have unique selling problems, such as squatters homeless persons maybe living in them. But other than that, the vast majority of gun owners are nothing like those in the news.

it seems many Americans regard mass shooting as collateral damage, and a price worth paying for the right to have a gun , very sad but completely predicable . More guns never make places safer, we have years of evidence of that, countries with the strictest gun laws don't have mass shootings like the US , I wonder how many people on here would change their views when their loved ones are gunned down in cold blood ? I guess they would still cry for more guns for good guys, what a mess !

White supremacy is the biggest threat to world peace. If they cant kill colored people abroad they do it at home.

it seems many Americans regard mass shooting as collateral damage, and a price worth paying for the right to have a gun , very sad but completely predicable . More guns never make places safer, we have years of evidence of that, countries with the strictest gun laws don't have mass shootings like the US , I wonder how many people on here would change their views when their loved ones are gunned down in cold blood ? I guess they would still cry for more guns for good guys, what a mess !
Well said.

Am going to say this kindly -- but you do not know what you are talking about.

For starter, all firearms are deadly. I have never handled a harmless gun. And am not talking about unloaded guns. A gun by its intent and design is already deadly in nature. Having no ammunition is just a temporary condition.

Next, we cannot simply 'ban' firearms. The Second Amendment do not make possible any ban.
Amendments to it? The Constitution was written a long time ago and has been amended many times and one bit repealed. It's an imperfect document that reflects a changing society.

Thing is as another poster wrote it seems that gun ownership advocates see these tragedies as a fair price of gun rights. It's frightening to think about what would it take to change more minds if Sandy Hook, Vegas, Virginia Tech, Killian, San Ysidro and countless other massacres as well as smaller scale killings have not. Many cultures have their self destructive elements. The love affair with guns is one of America's. It's got to come from American voters and there's not enough demand for real, effective change yet. And this one seems to be a racially motivated terrorist attack which raises even more issues.

Last edited:
Amendments to it? The Constitution was written a long time ago and has been amended many times and one bit repealed. It's an imperfect document that reflects a changing society.

Thing is as another poster wrote it seems that gun ownership advocates see these tragedies as a fair price of gun rights. It's frightening to think about what would it take to change more minds if Sandy Hook, Vegas, Virginia Tech, Killian, San Ysidro and countless other massacres as well as smaller scale killings have not. Many cultures have their self destructive elements. The love affair with guns is one of America's. It's got to come from American voters and there's not enough demand for real, effective change yet. And this one seems to be a racially motivated terrorist attack which raises even more issues.

In some countries, certain kinds of fate are far more common than in other countries. Perhaps one day America will be capable of having a mature conversation with itself about why that is

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom