What's new

History of Punjabis

But genetically y'all are just like other big clans but unlike them you have no non Muslim, that's why your origins are confusing

We are all human(except Lahoris). And it’s not like any group of people were Muslim from the beginning. The Arabs of Medina were pretty much Hindus too before Islam came. They worshipped hundreds of idols and buried their newborn daughters just like Hindus did.

All people are related and come from the same origin. I just discuss biradiris for shugal, I don’t actually give a shit.

But my onion theory does make sense. :lol:

Why is it surprising, they either Arabs/Central Asians or mass converted.

Who cares? We are all Pukkaystanis now. Arain claim origin from Arabs but even if it was true, what would I have in common with them? Religion?

I speak punjabi and my best friends are saraikis, jatts, gujjars and other Pakistanis. I don’t even like Arabs(gulfies).

Disappointed. I thought you were a saraiki. /s

Yeah, as I said. Most people don't even mention it in their names. History is interesting for some, that's all it is.

I’m not. Pure Punjabi. But after living with Riyastis and Saraikis we have a little bit of the touch. Like once in a while we throw saraiki words in our Punjabi. Most of my cousins are fluent.

This is probably why we like Ataullah Khan songs as well.

Also my cousins are married to Saraiki girls, so now it’s becoming a mix. The generation before would have never even considered marrying with other Punjabis.. Arains are particularly strict about this. But times are changing.

Saraiki and Punjabi will ultimately lose their originality due to Urdu and English influence.

Not in the villages. But I have noticed my cousin’s Saraiki wife insists on her kids speaking in Urdu.

Urdu is alright but it doesn’t feel natural to me. Doesn’t roll off the tongue like Punjabi does. Every time I speak Urdu, I really have to make an effort.

Panchod zabaan taak jandi’aa.

Lahoris also like to speak in Urdu. Lahoris also have a really gay and funny Punjabi accent and it comes out when they speak Urdu. Whenever a Lahori dude says aa yaaar, I bust out laughing. It just sounds so gay.

We are all human(except Lahoris). And it’s not like any group of people were Muslim from the beginning. The Arabs of Medina were pretty much Hindus too before Islam came. They worshipped hundreds of idols and buried their newborn daughters just like Hindus did.

All people are related and come from the same origin. I just discuss biradiris for shugal, I don’t actually give a shit.

But my onion theory does make sense. :lol:

Group of people were Muslim from the beginning because Adam was Muslim so during his time and he had lot of children they were all muslim

For you to say "it's not like any group if people were muslim from beginning " is wrong

People lost their way later and start building statues of the dead and deceased in remembrance which eventually turned into worship

stick with old fashion farming except mechanise it, you be gud and be strong like your ancestors. if you eat outside say goodbye to your health.

Bridge on the Sutlej River (1860s)

1659375377496.png

@PakFactor @Maula Jatt @lastofthepatriots @Muhammad Saftain Anjum

The word punjabi didn't even exist when Porus was around. It's a massive leap to connect Porus to an ethnic that arose millenia later.
STFU and go back to your hole
Name of Region Punjab in different times through history

- Rig Veda (1500 BC) - (Sapta Sindhva) (Land of 7 Sindhu rivers)

- Zoroastrian (1000-1500 BC) - (Hapta Hindva) (Lad of 7 Hind Rivers) (At that time Persian region replace S with H like River Sindh to River Hind, Sindhu to Hindu etc) (That Hapta is now called as HAFTA in Urdu)

- Mahabharat and Ramayan (400-800 BC) - Panch Nadi (Land of 5 rivers)

- Greeks in (327 BC)- Penta Potamia (Land of 5 Rivers)

- It is Formalize as Punjab ( 5 rivers ) in the 1400's Arguably by King Babur
-----------------------------
Land of 7 rivers is described as
- Sindh
- Jhelum
- Chenab
- Beas
- Sutlej
- Ravi
- Saraswati (presumably dried up)
Not to mention historical DNA samples of ghandharan age compared to modern DNA samples are also pretty much ditto intact

Last edited:
Not in the villages. But I have noticed my cousin’s Saraiki wife insists on her kids speaking in Urdu.

Urdu is alright but it doesn’t feel natural to me. Doesn’t roll off the tongue like Punjabi does. Every time I speak Urdu, I really have to make an effort.

Panchod zabaan taak jandi’aa.

Lahoris also like to speak in Urdu. Lahoris also have a really gay and funny Punjabi accent and it comes out when they speak Urdu. Whenever a Lahori dude says aa yaaar, I bust out laughing. It just sounds so gay.

Urdu to me is very feminine the way is sounds no matter who the hell speaks it male, female of Bilawal. I personally never speak that shit at home. Should've made Punjabi the leading language at-least it would have made Sindh's No. 1 hero Bilawal sound like a man.

- Rig Veda (1500 BC) - (Sapta Sindhva) (Land of 7 Sindhu rivers)
- Zoroastrian (1000-1500 BC) - (Hapta Hindva) (Lad of 7 Hind Rivers) (At that time Persian region replace S with H like River Sindh to River Hind, Sindhu to Hindu etc) (That Hapta is now called as HAFTA in Urdu)
Sapta Sindhava does not translate to "Land of 7 Sindhu rivers" nor does Hapta Hendu translate to "Land of 7 Hind rivers".

"Sindhu" means ocean (in this context 'river'), Sindhava is the plural of Sindhu. 'Sapta' is seven. So it literally means "Seven rivers".

Neither term was used to denote Punjab, but instead the region between the Helmand (Sarasvati/Haraxvaiti) and Beas rivers, a region which roughly corresponds to East Afghanistan, Pakistan and North-West India.

- Mahabharat and Ramayan (400-800 BC) - Panch Nadi (Land of 5 rivers)
The actual term was Panchanada. 'Panch Nadi' is the Hindi translation of that term. Also note that this was an exonym, locals did not use this term, native terms such as Madra (North Punjab) and Trigarta (East Punjab) only referred to specific regions that did not entail the entirety of Punjab.

Punjabi is not an ethnicity. Jatt arain rajput are.
Ethnicity of porus will stay a mystery neverthless he was son of jehlum.

Punjabi Rajput, jatt, gujjar arain, awan etc or agricultural tribes of punjab are one ethnicity. They act more like tribes and are pretty much similar to each other genetically. Punjabi is ethnicity and historically Punjab had same name in different languages. Only bradari punjabis are real indigenous punjabis that have existed since the time of Gandhara. Porus was from Mandi Bahauddin, not Jhelum district. He was ethnically proto-punjabi, its not a mystery. All main indigenous bradaris names/label/title came about in last 1000 years but their ancestors have lived in punjab since time of Gandhara civilization.

Anyway this is poor thread, there are users on twitter doing much better job with sources on history of punjabi muslims after Islam and pre Islamic history of punjab. Like these guys

and many more

This thread is more of wikipedia like then anything serious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom