What's new

Huawei Releases World First Satellite Phone

Huawei Releases World First Satellite Phone
No it's not.

This is the world first Android Based Satellite Phone _ Already Out in 2019...

1694011235434.png

And I am sure Inmarsat had one similar to this, can't find it on their catalogue tho, probably is too old and they have taken that out.

Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellite calling phone​

Thuraya X5-Touch is the world's first satellite Android smartphone

19 November 2018

Thuraya took the wraps off its first Android smartphone, the X5-Touch. Like every other product from this company, it's a sat phone. It's also a normal smartphone that looks nothing like a normal smartphone.

It has a 5.2-inch 1080p IPS touchscreen, the Snapdragon 625 chipset, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable storage, an 8 MP rear camera, a 2 MP selfie snapper, and a 3,800 mAh battery. It disappointingly runs Android 7.1 Nougat for some reason.

gsmarena_002.jpg

It weighs 262g and comes with IP67 water and dust resistance as well as MIL-STD-810 certification for being able to withstand extreme conditions. The X5-Touch has NFC on board and it supports navigation through GPS, BeiDou, and GLONASS.

For satellite calls a retractable antenna has been added, and the phone has always-on dual-SIM functionality with one SIM working on conventional 2G/3G/4G networks and the other dealing with satellites.

gsmarena_003.jpg

The Thuraya X5-Touch will be available in 160 countries for £999. The company says it will be out in December, though it may only make it to certain markets (like the UK) at the end of January.

I can get one from Ebay for $1685

1694012089908.png

No it's not.

This is the world first Android Based Satellite Phone _ Already Out in 2019...

View attachment 951458
Calm down. little baby. Satellite phones have nothing to do with Australia.

Australia only has low-end products such as coal and wheat.

looks like a walkie talkie to me though, maybe they have different standard, we'll see which one is going to fare better in the future.
your walkie talkie uses 4G GSM and run android??

And there is literally no use for civilian on Satellite phone, the chance of you getting loss with 0% GSM coverage in almost all part of the world is close to zero, that's why they didn't bother making the newer version of that since 2018.

5G+satellites. Can you understand?

Promise me. Go back to collect coal mines. Okay?
pompom, we are talking about THE FIRST android based satellite phone.

That Thuraya is THE FIRST, it was made BEFORE there were even 5G.

Go back to suck your lollipop, bozo

1694013181108.png

Last edited:

And there is literally no use for civilian on Satellite phone, the chance of you is getting loss with 0% GSM coverage in almost all part of the world is close to zero, that's why they didn't bother making the newer version of that since 2018.
Promise me. Go back to collect coal mines. Okay?

MTXX_MH20230906_231310122.jpg

And there is literally no use for civilian on Satellite phone, the chance of you is getting loss with 0% GSM coverage in almost all part of the world is close to zero, that's why they didn't bother making the newer version of that since 2018.

pompom, we are talking about THE FIRST android based satellite phone.

That Thuraya is THE FIRST, it was made BEFORE there were even 5G.

Go back to suck your lollipop, bozo

View attachment 951465
Promise me, go suck a big

View attachment 951467
Promise me. Go buy this. Okay?

Screenshot_20230906_231725.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom