What's new

If F16s can't be used against India what are they there for?

That is why F-16 is never send.. And we still got pakistanis bragging how F-16 is better plane. How they shall go for americans stuff.
F16 was not used within Pakistan but F16 still has more legs then Jf17 thunder. The only drawback of thunder is that it is not a long range, though F16 is also not long range but medium range.
Other then that i believe PAF has gone for the best in JF17 and in newer versions we'll eradicate that problem also. InShaAllah.

"The Indian Air Force on Thursday displayed parts of an AMRAAM beyond visual range air-to-air missile as evidence to "conclusively" prove that Pakistan deployed US-manufactured F-16 fighter jets during an aerial raid targeting Indian military installations in Kashmir after India's anti-terror operation in Balakot."
------
"Turkey successfully test fired two indigenous air-to-air missiles in the Black Sea province of Sinop, the Anadolou news agency reported. The short- and medium-range Gokdogan (Peregrine) and the long-range Bozgodan (Merlin) were both introduced during IDEF 2017 defense exhibition in Istanbul, Turkey.

SAGE began developping the Gokdogan within visual range and the Bozgodan beyond visual range air-to-air missiles in 2013. They have been developed as direct replacement for TurAF's AMRAAM and Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.

The Gokdogan features high manoeuvrability capability in short range thanks to a high resolution dual color Imaging Infrared Seeker, while the Bozgodan is fitted with an Active Radar Seeker for long-range interception. This Active Radar Seeker is the first one fully developed in Turkey. According to SAGE, it will also be integrated in long-range air defence missile systems. SAGE expects it to reach full operational capability in for 2020.

SAGE's Gokdogan WVR missile is equipped with a smart guidance with launch-and-forget, as well as lock on after launch and datalink update capabilities."

Turkey's first home-made air-to-air missiles successfully test-fired

Gokdogan "Peregrine" Air-To-Air Missile:
e4b189df-10b8-4756-9f2a-46840098a9f4-jpeg.535263
Irrelevant, I doubt it will be integrated on any other plane besides Turkish ones as there are much better performing missiles already used on most major companies planes. You can't say this missile is better than the AMRAAM, or, the Meteor. These missiles are combat proven and made by countries that have actually done this before and the same goes with aircraft. I doubt Turkey will develop their fifth gen aircraft reason being that even Russia could not develop their Su-57 with over half a century of experience and China may have made a their own "Fifth gen" the planes RCS is about 0.1-1m2 or the same as the Eurofighter Typhoon so nothing impressive there. I say Turkey should wait for 6th gen because 5th gen will be replaced maybe 10-15 years by 6th gen saying that the first 5th gen is already 14 years old which is the F-22.

US can introduce inaccuracies and even complete shutdown of it's system at the beginning of war, which he don't want or in the middle of a war when they wish to change course of war.
In peace time all of US weapons work fine, which suggest they might work all the time but that's not entirely true.
Turkey have experienced it.
Malaysia has experienced it.
Pakistan has experienced it.

PAF made a big blunder cancelling the 36 J10 order done by General Musharaf.
Even now I think PAF should go for J10c to replace the 50 year old Mirages and
the old F16's received in the 1980's.
Don't think that would be a good option NOW. It would had been at that time but now, we are closing in JF17 block 3 and JF17 has already proved its worth. Made the whole IAF obsolete right now as their Air superiority SU30mki stands no chance against thunder so we should focus on JF17 more now. But yes, we need a long range strike fighter, Thuner don't have the range.

Irrelevant, I doubt it will be integrated on any other plane besides Turkish ones as there are much better performing missiles already used on most major companies planes. You can't say this missile is better than the AMRAAM, or, the Meteor. These missiles are combat proven and made by countries that have actually done this before and the same goes with aircraft. I doubt Turkey will develop their fifth gen aircraft reason being that even Russia could not develop their Su-57 with over half a century of experience and China may have made a their own "Fifth gen" the planes RCS is about 0.1-1m2 or the same as the Eurofighter Typhoon so nothing impressive there. I say Turkey should wait for 6th gen because 5th gen will be replaced maybe 10-15 years by 6th gen saying that the first 5th gen is already 14 years old which is the F-22.
You are burning, do it somewhere else.

Last edited:
some pakistanis are either too naive or too much crooked

Bigger news is that a nation 7 times smaller than it's enemy, having Air Force with 50 odd F16s and 100 JF 17s, out of which F-16s can't be used against an enemy that has 250 su 30, has recently given a jaw breaking response to the enemy. And that enemy is now not daring to come near the border.

Shameless Indians, I would have committed a suicide by now had I been an Indian....

Bigger news is that a nation 7 times smaller than it's enemy, having Air Force with 50 odd F16s and 100 JF 17s, out of which F-16s can't be used against an enemy that has 250 su 30, has recently given a jaw breaking response to the enemy. And that enemy is now not daring to come near the border.

Shameless Indians, I would have committed a suicide by now had I been an Indian....

tum dara lo

Pakistan is going to spend a fortune to procure attack helicopters from Turkey but the key parts of those choppers are all from US, in case of war with India, US can easily kill those choppers by refusing providing parts. Pakistan should move away from relying on US equimpments.

PAF made a big blunder cancelling the 36 J10 order done by General Musharaf.
Even now I think PAF should go for J10c to replace the 50 year old Mirages and
the old F16's received in the 1980's.

The new variants of the JF-17 like the block 3 can more than fulfil those above roles. The J-10C procurement was cancelled as we need the funds to begin the eventual induction of either the J-20 or J-31. Or possibly even start our own 5th generation fighter program; project AZM.

Pakistan is going to spend a fortune to procure attack helicopters from Turkey but the key parts of those choppers are all from US, in case of war with India, US can easily kill those choppers by refusing providing parts. Pakistan should move away from relying on US equimpments.
@cabatli_53 , can you correct that guy and enlight us, please?

Can you enlighten all members that Which “all key parts” of Turkish attack helicopter are made by US? Engine is LHTEC and domestic eauivalent are under development&trial phase but what other US parts in T-129. I know you are the king of Trolling in politic matters with your BS but I didn’t know you were performing similar behaviors on defense technology matters.

Last edited:
Pakistan wants QUALITY and BATTLE PROVEN weapons and we can provide them with it, i doubt that they are interested in mass produced low quality toys.

Back
Top Bottom