What's new

Iranian cars ... Gonna buy if available?

1.3 million is all vehicles but Iran 's commercial side(buses, trucks,etc) is much smaller than the passenger vehicles...This year they finally allowed $ 1 billion dollars of auto imports untill they can ramp up to 1.6 million next year..Defence industry came to the help of auto industry to design in house airbags, ECUs etc to bypass the sanctions..production recovered as a result.
if you can find an exact breakdown of which vehicles are produced the most, please share, I'd be interested to read. But as things stand, I dont think this is enough to meet Iran's internal demand let alone export

Iran has a population comparable to Turkey, so around 85 million, let's jus say that it breaks down to 20 million families/households If people replaced their cars on average every 10 years, you would need at least 2 million cars a year, excluding commercial vehicles.

I think it's safe to say that you need to at least double this production.

Iranian Minister of Industry, Mine, and Trade Reza Fatemi Amin said that Iran and Belarus have signed an agreement for exports of some 45,000 Iranian cars to the country within three years.
Speaking to reporters after a cabinet session on Wednesday, Fatemi Amin noted that the agreement was worth $450 million.
https://en.otaghiranonline.ir/news/44550
It means each car was sold for 10.000 USD, very, very cheap

Iran has a population comparable to Turkey, so around 85 million, let's jus say that it breaks down to 20 million families/households If people replaced their cars on average every 10 years, you would need at least 2 million cars a year, excluding commercial vehicles.

I think it's safe to say that you need to at least double this production.

How about reminding everyone how many automobiles Turkey's producing? Not really more than Iran in actual fact, since Turkey's output in 2022 stood at 1,3 million vehicles as well. So to quote you, "it's safe to say you need at least double this production". In that sense please direct the advise to Turkish users first.

Care to remind us how many automobiles Turkey's producing? Better yet, I'll break it to you: not more than Iran in actual fact, since Turkey's output in 2022 stood at 1,3 million vehicles as well. So to quote you, "it's safe to say you need at least double this production". In that sense please direct the advise to Turkish users first.
I don't care to remind you, because I don't have the figures and the topic isn't Turkey.

But, I got curious and I found this data

"2022 yılında diğer markalarla birlikte toplam 1.402.189 adet araç üretilirken, bunların 988.278 adeti yurt dışına ihraç edildi."

it says that 1.402.189 cars were produced and 988.278 of them got exported. The list didn't include companies like Otokar and Temsa so only cars and light commercial vehicles such as vans must be included in this number

Last edited:
I don't care to remind you, because I don't have the figures and the topic isn't Turkey.

Interesting. You're concerned about Iran covering her population's needs in terms of motor vehicles, but are indifferent to how well Turkey's doing in this regard? Where does the sudden altruism stem from, I wonder. Somehow that's hard to believe.

So be it. Let's investigate the facts and figures.

https://www.steelorbis.com/steel-ne...cle-output-up-six-percent-in-2022-1275211.htm

From the above link:

In the full year, Turkey's motor vehicle output totaled 1,352,648 units

So you can see here that although we produce more than Iran,

Production volumes are in the same range, difference is narrow.

the Turkish automotive industry is a very export-focused one and very little of what's produced in Turkey remains in Turkey therefore Imports must make up for a big portion of our internal market.

Here's my source:

https://www.arabahabercisi.com/2022-turkiye-otomotiv-uretim-ihracat-rakamlari/

This would actually imply Turkey has a greater deficit than Iran.

Because the source claims 988.278 out of 1.402.189 vehicles produced in Turkey were exported, isn't it. Meaning that roughly 415.000 were sold domestically.

You're suggesting the remainder of the demand is satisfied through imports. Well, here's the number of cars imported by Turkey over the same year:

In 2022, the country's total motor vehicle imports amounted to 454,145 units

Source: https://www.steelorbis.com/steel-ne...es-increase-seven-percent-in-2022-1275445.htm

Approx. 415.000 + 455.000 = 870.000. This is the amount of freshly manufactured vehicles sold on the Turkish market in 2022. That's way less than Iran's 1,3 million you were qualifying as insufficient. More precisely, by the standard you applied Turkey would need to make at least three times the number of cars available to her citizens.

As said, you might want to care about Turkey first. Iran's doing fine.

Last edited:
Interesting. You're concerned about Iran covering her population's needs in terms of motor vehicles, but are indifferent to how well Turkey's doing in this regard? Where does the sudden altruism stem from, I wonder. Somehow that's hard to believe.
Turkish economy is very much incorporated into the European economy. The situation is a bit different

For Turkey, I hope that Turks start buying more cars made in Turkey so we can reduce our imports.
Source: https://www.steelorbis.com/steel-ne...es-increase-seven-percent-in-2022-1275445.htm

Approx. 415.000 + 455.000 = 870.000. This is the amount of freshly manufactured vehicles sold on the Turkish market in 2022. That's way less than Iran's 1,3 million you were qualifying as insufficient. More precisely, by the standard you applied Turkey would need to make at least three times the number of cars available to her citizens.

As said, you might want to care about Turkey first. Iran's doing fine.
It doesn't matter if we produce 10 times more cars if the tax code doesn't change.

Last edited:
Turkish economy is very much incorporated into the European economy. The situation is a bit different

For Turkey, I hope that Turks start buying more cars made in Turkey so we can reduce our imports.

It doesn't matter if we produce 10 times more cars if the tax code doesn't change.

Bottom line: you popped up in this thread attempting to find fault with Iranian achievements in the automotive sector, suggesting that Iran cannot provide for her citizens' corresponding requirements. Turned out that by the very same token you devised, Turkey would actually have to be considered as less capable. Perhaps you may want to consider that this type of posting you've been engaging in at the Iranian section is pointless.

Bottom line: you popped up in this thread attempting to find fault with Iranian achievements in the automotive sector, suggesting that Iran cannot provide for her citizen's requirements in this regard. Turned out that by the very same token you devised, Turkey would actually have to be considered as more incapable of said feat. Perhaps you may want to consider that this type of posting you've been engaging in at the Iranian section is pointless.
Apples and oranges, I didn't compare Iran with Turkey, I merely commented on Iran's situation.

Turkish government intentionally keeps cars expensive applying over %100 taxes, for luxury cars this tax rate might go up to %300. The problems faced by Turkey and Iran are wildly different.

Apples and oranges, I didn't compare Iran with Turkey, I merely commented on Iran's situation.

Turkish government intentionally keeps cars expensive applying over %100 taxes, for luxury cars this tax rate might go up to %300. The problems faced by Turkey and Iran are wildly different.

And I'm highlighting the fact that if someone's going to find fault with Iran on those grounds, they'd have more reason to do so vis à vis Turkey. It doesn't matter what subterfuges you may come up with now, Iran's automotive production capability doesn't lag behind Turkey's and whatever measures the Turkish government has taken that you deem wrong, it's squarely on Turkey and no one else.

And I'm highlighting the fact that if someone's going to find fault with Iran on those grounds, they'd have more reason to do so vis à vis Turkey. It doesn't matter what subterfuges you may come up with now, Iran's automotive production capability doesn't lag behind Turkey's and whatever measures the Turkish government has taken that you deem wrong, it's squarely on Turkey and no one else.
I don't think you understand at all, and frankly I don't care.

I don't think you understand at all, and frankly I don't care.

No, I understand full well you came here to provoke by making up some imaginary shortcoming you attributed to the Iranian automobile industry, while Turkey itself is behind Iran in this specific department. Since the drivel was debunked, you switched to conjuring reasons behind the fact that fewer newly built automobiles are sold in Turkey as compared to Iran. This is while there's no proof Turkey could triple its production in a shorter time than Iran if the Turkish government decided to lower taxes. Moreover you aren't familiar with the factors impacting the price of cars in Iran, so basically you lack the knowledge to establish comparisons in this area. In short, you set out to take a cheap shot against Iran but seeing how it was based on prejudice rather than proper research as usual, it failed decisively.

No, I understand full well you came here to provoke by making up some imaginary shortcoming you attributed to the Iranian automobile industry, while Turkey itself is behind Iran in this specific department. Since the drivel was debunked, you switched to conjuring reasons behind the fact that fewer newly built automobiles are sold in Turkey as compared to Iran. This is while there's no proof Turkey could triple its production in a shorter time than Iran if the Turkish government decided to lower taxes. Moreover you aren't familiar with the factors impacting the price of cars in Iran, so basically you lack the knowledge to establish comparisons in this area. In short, you set out to take a cheap shot against Iran but seeing how it was based on prejudice rather than proper research as usual, it failed decisively.
Nope, I didn't speak to you at all, I don't care about provoking you, in fact I'm on the verge of putting you on the ignore list.

I asked a simple question and I shared my opinion that Iran should produce more. I never said Iran should be like Turkey. No matter how much I explain this, it's not getting through your thick skull. This thread isn't about Turkey. Dimwit!

If you want to stroke your national ego so much go back to Iran instead of leeching off Belgium.

iraní car won't sell in Pak...

unless factory is set up and full tot.. to make it cheap enough to buy

iraní car won't sell in Pak...
neither will Iranian gas, so this is irrelevant. the why is whats relevant.
unless factory is set up and full tot.. to make it cheap enough to buy
lmao, thats a lie. the real "unless" is is UNLESS US says Pakistan can import Iranian cars. talking about business infrastructure is irrelevant and a distraction- US doesnt let Pakistan trade important or lucrative things with Iran, period.

neither will Iranian gas, so this is irrelevant. the why is whats relevant.

lmao, thats a lie. the real "unless" is is UNLESS US says Pakistan can import Iranian cars. talking about business infrastructure is irrelevant and a distraction- US doesnt let Pakistan trade important or lucrative things with Iran, period.

DUH..

I know.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom