What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

What's up, fellas. A little bummed out there hasn't been any news on the Su-35s or even 30s so far. Really hoping the IRIAF can strengthen its air force with these jets, especially with all that's going been happening lately.

Speaking of that, I mentioned on the Gaza Conflict thread how I thought it would certainly help Iran better defend itself (in case it was attacked) if it had at least those 25 Su-35s that were rumored to come during these tense and unpredictable times and especially moving forward. I was a bit surprised when another member said it wouldn't help AT ALL against F-22s & F-35s and the usual mumbo jumbo jive. I replied and said of course it would help. Any improvement is better than no improvement at all, that's like a no-brainer but they insisted that it would do absolutely nothing against those two particular aircraft.

It made me think how programmed some of these fellas are that they couldn't even perceive another military possibly having the ability to plan and acquire the necessary platforms to defend against even the best of the best in stealth and general military technology. How BVR is not a 100% bulletproof tactic and that it's much more difficult to attack than to defend and so on.

With L-band OTH radars and a solid, layered AD network and pre-programmed ELINT records & AWACS and a centralized ground control HQ that relegates comms and directives to well-positioned SAM batteries AND in conjunction with a couple of squadrons of Su-35s with R-37s along with the F-14s and their Iranian-built Pheonix counterparts could very well make even the USAF & USN & USMC's life difficult and certainly not make it as easy as these fellas think. I was quite surprised that the Russian & Iranian tech as well as Iranian tactical capabilities were so quickly dismissed as completely ineffective against just those two aircraft. But I was particularly surprised by their complete dismissive perception of the Su-35S' capabilities.

So just a quick question for those who know of any known/public data, what types of radars and AD assets (I know of the S-300VM which is excellent in this case but unfortunately also gets immediately dismissed as ineffective) does Iran have set up for defending against a possible US and/or zionist attack? I seem to remember that along with Egypt and Algeria, Iran also acquired either the Protivnik-GE and/or the Resonance- NE radar complexes which are designed to detect stealth aircraft ranges from 400km up to 1000km. Is that right? Does it have any of the Chinese OTH/long range L-band radars and what is the general network set up with the IRIAF?

So just a quick question for those who know of any known/public data, what types of radars and AD assets (I know of the S-300VM which is excellent in this case but unfortunately also gets immediately dismissed as ineffective) does Iran have set up for defending against a possible US and/or zionist attack?

I still like these boys against CM saturation attacks. Sure, its additional, but can do some damage against subsonic CM since they are integrated in AD network.

What's up, fellas. A little bummed out there hasn't been any news on the Su-35s or even 30s so far. Really hoping the IRIAF can strengthen its air force with these jets, especially with all that's going been happening lately.

Speaking of that, I mentioned on the Gaza Conflict thread how I thought it would certainly help Iran better defend itself (in case it was attacked) if it had at least those 25 Su-35s that were rumored to come during these tense and unpredictable times and especially moving forward. I was a bit surprised when another member said it wouldn't help AT ALL against F-22s & F-35s and the usual mumbo jumbo jive. I replied and said of course it would help. Any improvement is better than no improvement at all, that's like a no-brainer but they insisted that it would do absolutely nothing against those two particular aircraft.

It made me think how programmed some of these fellas are that they couldn't even perceive another military possibly having the ability to plan and acquire the necessary platforms to defend against even the best of the best in stealth and general military technology. How BVR is not a 100% bulletproof tactic and that it's much more difficult to attack than to defend and so on.

With L-band OTH radars and a solid, layered AD network and pre-programmed ELINT records & AWACS and a centralized ground control HQ that relegates comms and directives to well-positioned SAM batteries AND in conjunction with a couple of squadrons of Su-35s with R-37s along with the F-14s and their Iranian-built Pheonix counterparts could very well make even the USAF & USN & USMC's life difficult and certainly not make it as easy as these fellas think. I was quite surprised that the Russian & Iranian tech as well as Iranian tactical capabilities were so quickly dismissed as completely ineffective against just those two aircraft. But I was particularly surprised by their complete dismissive perception of the Su-35S' capabilities.

So just a quick question for those who know of any known/public data, what types of radars and AD assets (I know of the S-300VM which is excellent in this case but unfortunately also gets immediately dismissed as ineffective) does Iran have set up for defending against a possible US and/or zionist attack? I seem to remember that along with Egypt and Algeria, Iran also acquired either the Protivnik-GE and/or the Resonance- NE radar complexes which are designed to detect stealth aircraft ranges from 400km up to 1000km. Is that right? Does it have any of the Chinese OTH/long range L-band radars and what is the general network set up with the IRIAF?
HAHA. That's another azari mule's pipe dream. These azaris in Iran need black fabrics to cover up women and girls (whose hair alone gets them un-controlably horny) not jets to defend the country. lolol. After all, Iran is not an azaris country. They are turk clones not Persians. Many of them do not even speak Persian, refuse to learn Persian and be Iranian, and hate Iran and Iranian culture, yet live in Iran, and on its fat of the land.
These azais must be disposed of. They are traitors. Why do you think China is de-infesting china from their yagurs turk clones. They do not want to end up being like Iran.

Why are we arguing about the 2 delivered Yak-130s? They can't be flown over on their own. 2 jets is probably what would fit in whatever transport aircraft they used. It will take some time to deliver the full order.

Also, who says they only delivered 2? That's just what we saw in the pictures. Which were kept secret for a ~month, by the way.
Hey azari mule, didn't you hear that russia transferred its entire line of MIG29/RD33 productions to NK for nearly nothing instead of Iran?
Iran paid in full for 50 Su35, but got two useless yakers, fool. What do you want to do with them?
How much of russian ejaculate are you gonna take up your women-beating azari's wet behind before it's enough for you?

Inappropriate Language
You do realize you can test arms right? Iran could merely have asked for 2 YAK-130’s to test and see if they like it or Russia could have even offered Iran the planes to test. This is nothing new in large arms purchases.

As I said before, Iran did it in Syria. Russia delivered T-90s and Iran tested them with their proxies and IRGC advisors and were impressed. Months later that lead to announcement of intent to purchase, but then domestic politics got into the way that Iran would purchase tanks from abroad vs build themselves. Which then lead to retraction of intent and short while after that the Karrar project was announced - a tank based on T-90.

The delivery color scheme is bizarre when compared to other countries

Vietnam delivery
View attachment 956012

Algeria delivery

View attachment 956013

Iran delivery

View attachment 956014

I never said he wasn’t right. I was talking about Yak-130 purchase not SU-35s

Latest news we have is it will be delivered when the powers that be achieve it.

I believe Shoigu visiting Iran was a big factor in arms talks. Shoigu recently visited NK, before Kim Jong Un went to Russia to discuss arms deals.

So it remains to be seen what message Shoigu brought with him with regards to what Russia is willingly to sell to Iran.
Hey azari mule, admit that russia screwed you again. You paid for 50 Su35, they gave you two yakers, and your treacherous azari behind is bragging about it. How traitor of you.

By the way, how much of russia's ejaculate are you going to take up your women-beating azari wet behind, before you realize russia never had a good intention toward Iran, You traitor azari mule.

I still like these boys against CM saturation attacks. Sure, its additional, but can do some damage against subsonic CM since they are integrated in AD network.
Even slow movers like IAI Harop / Harpy. But must be integrated with other systems, seems to be vulnerable to JDAMs or high speed missiles like HARM.

@waz @LeGenD please review these posts by the above user and take appropriate action. his posts are repulsive
He attacks Azeris of Iran just like Aliyev worshipping retards. That is because they guess Azerbaijan of Iran is our achilles, but they forget that this achilles is protected by hidden bonds that cannot be mentioned here.

The trolling Turd is clutching at straws like a drowning idiot that cannot find a way into Iranian stronghold. Ignore it.

Even slow movers like IAI Harop / Harpy. But must be integrated with other systems, seems to be vulnerable to JDAMs or high speed missiles like HARM.

HARM wont have any effect cause they use electro-optic. As far as i understand they are integrated and get their initial target area by far away radar systems and then switch to electro-optical to engage target.

Almost a newer variation of flack. Flack was well utilized and was quite effective in WWII. Despite the eventual widespread bombing campaign over Germany, flack made it extremely difficult for the B-17s, Avro Lancasters and even the DeHavilland Mosquitos. Just its presence and potential harm had a great psychological effect on the crews of those aircraft.

That's another great accomplishment by Iran, being able to manufacture the artillery for that type of defense against incoming aerial threats. Adding that to their layered AD network is only a plus. I was interested in mostly the radars and how they're ADS is roughly set up, particularly if they did purchase either the Protivnik-GE or the Resonance-NE or even any other OTH radars. Not sure if they've showed any of that to the public but I assume there is quite the extensive air defense network set up. That would also kiboshe the notion that having a couple squadrons of Su-35s would have zero effect on F-35s and F-22s. I think that premise is silly and to just dismiss it as utterly ineffective is premature at best.

Almost a newer variation of flack. Flack was well utilized and was quite effective in WWII. Despite the eventual widespread bombing campaign over Germany, flack made it extremely difficult for the B-17s, Avro Lancasters and even the DeHavilland Mosquitos. Just its presence and potential harm had a great psychological effect on the crews of those aircraft.

That's another great accomplishment by Iran, being able to manufacture the artillery for that type of defense against incoming aerial threats. Adding that to their layered AD network is only a plus. I was interested in mostly the radars and how they're ADS is roughly set up, particularly if they did purchase either the Protivnik-GE or the Resonance-NE or even any other OTH radars. Not sure if they've showed any of that to the public but I assume there is quite the extensive air defense network set up. That would also kiboshe the notion that having a couple squadrons of Su-35s would have zero effect on F-35s and F-22s. I think that premise is silly and to just dismiss it as utterly ineffective is premature at best.

As i learned Iran has many different OTH radars. Even "over the water" radars what go along the water surface and so can detect ships behind the curvature of the earth. All of them are iran-made. The different radars were often displayed in vids or reports and also posted here in PDF Iran-section. But there is no special thread for them as far as i know.

- Ghadir (Rezonans-NE) OTH radar since 2009. At least 7 of these radars (each with 1100km range) have been identified via satellite imagery.
- Sepehr OTH radar - in development/status unclear (claimed 3000km range)
- Qods (localised Belarussian Vostok-E with 500km range) - unveiled in 2021 and in operation
- Matla-ul-Fajr 1/2 VHF radar with ECCM (480km range) - in operation
- Khalij-e Fars bi-static radar (800km range) - in operation since at least 2020
- Meraj-4 S-band AESA radar (450km range) - revealed in 2016 and seen in army parades since 2019, likely in operation (paired with Bavar 373)
- Moraqeb 3D phased array radar (400km range)
- Falaq 3D phased array radar (upgraded Russian Gamma-DE radar with 400km range) - unveiled in 2019
- Bashir 3D phased array radar (300km range) - paired with 3rd Khordad AD system
- Russian 96L6E acquisition radar (part of s-300PMU2 with 300km range)
- Alim passive radar (300km range) - first shown in 2011

And many others

- Ghadir (Rezonans-NE) OTH radar since 2009. At least 7 of these radars (each with 1100km range) have been identified via satellite imagery.
- Sepehr OTH radar - in development/status unclear (claimed 3000km range)
- Qods (localised Belarussian Vostok-E with 500km range) - unveiled in 2021 and in operation
- Matla-ul-Fajr 1/2 VHF radar with ECCM (480km range) - in operation
- Khalij-e Fars bi-static radar (800km range) - in operation since at least 2020
- Meraj-4 S-band AESA radar (450km range) - revealed in 2016 and seen in army parades since 2019, likely in operation (paired with Bavar 373)
- Moraqeb 3D phased array radar (400km range)
- Falaq 3D phased array radar (upgraded Russian Gamma-DE radar with 400km range) - unveiled in 2019
- Bashir 3D phased array radar (300km range) - paired with 3rd Khordad AD system
- Russian 96L6E acquisition radar (part of s-300PMU2 with 300km range)
- Alim passive radar (300km range) - first shown in 2011

And many others

That's an impressive list. I figured there were several operational radars of that caliber and a massive network behind them. Good to know my educated hunch was warranted.

That's an impressive list. I figured there were several operational radars of that caliber and a massive network behind them. Good to know my educated hunch was warranted.
This is an illustrative example of what Iranian radar coverage looks like using only 5 Ghadir/Rezonans-NE OTH radars (each with 1100km range). Iran has 8 of these in operation as of 2020. A very strong early warning network (supplemented by Sepehr/Khalij-e Fars and many others). Hopefully soon also supplemented by space based radar assets.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 00.50.35.png

Some videos of interest:

Last edited:
This is an illustrative example of what Iranian radar coverage looks like using only 5 Ghadir/Rezonans-NE OTH radars (each with 1100km range). Iran has 8 of these in operation as of 2020. A very strong early warning network (supplemented by Sepehr/Khalij-e Fars and many others). Hopefully soon also supplemented by space based radar assets.

Yeah that's very cool and about as robust as it can get. Egypt has a similar setup but they only publish a few of the graphs. This one is one of the Resonance-NE's location & range.

1698367749963.png

The radar's spec sheet is as impressive as it can get. The added benefit beyond its PESA detection and priority targeting is its IFF capability. That was another element that another member claimed was still a hindrance to OTH radars which is not correct if the IFF capability is true, which from all the available data & infield testimonials it is. That makes these radars very effective especially when they're also used as intel gathering for long periods and libraries are created & stored. That information is automatically assessed in real time and is also shared with aerial ELINT & AWACS platforms. The notion that aircraft would still have to get close to IFF which was the other member's assertion is completely incorrect.

There is so much capability data on just this one type of radar its mind-twisting.

1698369453477.png

These radars were selected because of their particular capabilities in anticipation that potential regional enemies who were possibly acquiring the F-35. This is why I asked about Iran's systems.

Of course redundancy is critical. Aside from the insanely vast number & types of radar systems in the EADS, including the high-powered mobile ones, this is the overlap of both, the Res. NE and the Protivnik- GE.

1698369590756.png

They invested A LOT into the surveillance network and integrating Russian with US systems. This is the AN/TPS-59(V)3 AESA early warning radar's coverage.

1698368921643.png

This is the Radar Dome in Sidi Barrani in the Matruh Governate, tasked mostly with the western sector of Egypt & Libya. It houses the AN/SPS-48 radar.

1698370274880.png

1698370175582.png

The GHQ is relatively new and supposedly this place is underground somewhere within the territory of Egypt lol.

1698370349806.png

1698370378883.png

1698370399831.png

1698370435879.png

1698370450508.png

1698370750833.png

1698370776660.png

1698370789141.png

1698370825692.png

1698370853239.png

1698371023813.png

1698371145990.png

This is just a fraction of the EADS network. The training is excruciating. I figured I would share a little but don't want to take up too much on this thread. Just wanted to see what Iran's basic & publicly known systems which also appear impressive and there seems to be some similarities. It's good to see that since it affirms my belief that even the vaunted stealth platforms out there won't have it so easy and will be met with a nasty surprise. And with the addition of at least a pair of Su-35s, that can only improve its chances and certainly doesn't mean their effectiveness is to be simply dismissed like some members thought. Good to know the assigned men are taking the defense of the country this seriously.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom