What's new

Kalam is our candidate : Mamata ji

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Unfazed by Congress rejection of her three candidates, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee today said former President A P J Abdul Kalam is her nominee for the Presidential poll.

"We are for Kalam," Banerjee told PTI when asked whether she would support Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee or Vice President Hamid Ansari, believed to be the two first and the second choices of the Congress.

Her party MP Kunal Ghosh went a step further, saying if Congress fields Mukherjee or Ansari, Trinamool will "contest" the election with Kalam as its nominee. "I can visualise a contest if Congress goes ahead with the names of Pranab Mukherjee or Hamid Ansari...If Congress names either Pranab Mukherjee or Ansari, then TMC will contest... Trinamool Congress or Samajwadi Party then may go with A P J Abdul Kalam," he said.

Trinamool Congress, which has teamed up with Samajwadi Party, floated the names of Kalam, along with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee yesterday as a counter to UPA's nominee.

Congress today rejected their candidature.
At the same time, Mamata made it clear that she would not quit the UPA of her own or topple the government, Ghosh said. He claimed that Mamata had not breached any trust by disclosing the names of Mukherjee and Ansari discussed with her by Sonia Gandhi yesterday, saying that it was done with the "consent" and "permission" of the Congress chief. "Yesterday Mamata had gone to meet Sonia Gandhi to discuss Presidential candidate and after the discussion Mamata asked Sonia whether she could disclose (names) to media standing outside.... And Sonia gave her the consent. That is what exactly she did," Ghosh said.

He went on to claim that Mamata "took permission" of Gandhi on disclosing the names discussed at their meeting.

Meanwhile, the Trinamool Congress chief she would not attend Friday's UPA meeting on deciding a presidential candidate. "I am not here (tomorrow Friday) as I had said that I will wait for 26 hours and I am returning after meeting (Samajwadi Party chief)Mulayam Singh (Yadav)," she told reporters ahead of the meeting.

Presidential polls: Mamata to skip UPA meeting, says Kalam is her candidate - The Times of India

The only good thing that mamata has done till now is supporting APJ Kalam sir. She has the support of SP too. BJP, BJD and AIADMK will be supporting Kalam.
It seems he does have a realistic chances for second term as the Commander in chief of Armed Forces :)

Did Mamata Had a Brain Transplantation Surgery ...

By this, one can understand the Hate She Has for Congress :lol: ... I think the reason behind Mamata being a part of the Government is to defame Congress More...

She is doing the Same thing to Congress which India is doing to USA... We will take everything But Give u nothing in return nor will take ur orders :rofl:

he is everyones canditate, thank god mamta approved him. although she is an idiot woman but this time she has got it right.

and thus this woman earns some respect from my side!!!...period!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make Abuld Kalam pres again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But: Will he accept for a 2end term? and what are his chances ?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make Abuld Kalam pres again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But: Will he accept for a 2end term? and what are his chances ?

He said he will accept if there is consensus on his name...
now i hope BSP and DMK to support him... Congress for some reason dont like APJ..

Remove the "ji" from the thread title..!! :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:
Idiotic women doesnt deserve it...!! :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

She lightly deserve it now :P

I hope she is serious when she says Kalam is her choice. Political parties shouldn't use someone like APJ's name to play their political game. If anyone wants him to be their next prez.. then he should be their 1st & only option. He was embarrassed enough in last election. Keep him out if you have no intention of making him your President!!

I hope she is serious when she says Kalam is her choice. Political parties shouldn't use someone like APJ's name to play their political game. If anyone wants him to be their next prez.. then he should be their 1st & only option. He was embarrassed enough in last election. Keep him out if you have no intention of making him your President!!

They have warned of a contest....

He is my candidate .. In todays india he is the most respected person by far ..

She is no angel, guys.I think she is supporting APJ just to oppose pranab's candidature. Earlier she had issues with pranab regarding some economical packages now she is just taking revenge. :butcher:

DIDI BOLCHI:sniper:
My Salute to her,,, Sir APJ kalam is NDA's choice and janta's choice too,, so she will play a pivotal role in choosing presendtial canditate..
If she remains on her word,She gets amnesty from me for doing all the idiotic things she did + till 1 year i won't say a word against her.,,
but if she backs off im goin to change my signature

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom