What's new

Kamra overhauls AN/TPS-43G Radar!

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory overhauls first AN/TPS-43G Radar

ISLAMABAD, May 15 (APP): Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra has successfully overhauled first AN/TPS-43G Radar. According to a press released of Directorate of Media Affairs Pakistan Air Force (PAF), a graceful Roll-Out Ceremony to mark this historic occasion was held at Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory on Tuesday.

Air Vice Marshal Khalid M Rajput, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Engineering) was the Chief Guest on the occasion.

The Chief Guest handed over the overhauled radar to Pakistan Air Force.

He also acknowledged the efforts of technical team involved in the first

ever in country rebuild of a High Power Radar.

Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory started overhauling the entire fleet of AN/TPS-43G radars on self-help basis which were inducted in Pakistan Air Force back in 1981.

The overhauled activity involved extensive work, where the radar system is completely dismantled/stripped down to component level.

The rebuild of all critical major/high cost assemblies of the Transmitter, Receiver, Display and Antenna were the most challenging tasks which were undertaken entirely by the KARF technical team without any assistance.

The successful accomplishment of the task has not only enhanced the operational efficiency of the Air Defence but also has accrued a saving of approximately Rs 245 Million in the National Exchequer.

The Rebuild of AN/TPS-43G radar is a significant milestone in the history of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and a step towards self-reliance and indigenization.

The ceremony was also attended by Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, Chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Kamra, and high ranking PAF officials.

http://www.app.com.pk/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9106&Itemid=2

Good news!
Its time to take it to the next level, develop new homegrown designs.
Are we capable of designing radars?

Good news!
Its time to take it to the next level, develop new homegrown designs.
Are we capable of designing radars?

There is the Transfer of technology for the Italian Radar Grifo 7.

I think Grifo is more of a liscene production.
Actually, I see Pakistan as failure in negotiating ToT. At the same time Indians were examplary, they forced all companies for ToT, who were willing to sell in Indian market, also in civil products.
Pakistan has lost its opportunities, when it was better alligned with west, today there arn't many western countries willing for ToT to Pakistan.
Hence, PAC along with many other Pakistani developers have many challenges forth comming but at the same time inovation in technology has really changed the techniques and co-development projects with China can be an alternate to the wishful ToTs.

Salam. Yes i think we will be able to do it but in about 5 yrs time if we start now. I am very sure we can do it.:pakistan: :bounce:

I think Grifo is more of a liscene production.
Actually, I see Pakistan as failure in negotiating ToT. At the same time Indians were examplary, they forced all companies for ToT, who were willing to sell in Indian market, also in civil products.
Pakistan has lost its opportunities, when it was better alligned with west, today there arn't many western countries willing for ToT to Pakistan.
Hence, PAC along with many other Pakistani developers have many challenges forth comming but at the same time inovation in technology has really changed the techniques and co-development projects with China can be an alternate to the wishful ToTs.

I Think you are confused.Indians had every thing available to them from all suppliers.on the other hand .we were under all kinds of sanctions .we couldn't buy any thing never mind asking for TOT.but its changing now.so sit back and enjoy the Ride.
Your lack of confidence in Pakistani scientist is really surprising considering we have come a long way against all odds.
18ec960eb0e715cae5660099bebba1ae.gif:smitten:

I Think you are confused.Indians had every thing available to them from all suppliers.on the other hand .we were under all kinds of sanctions .we couldn't buy any thing never mind asking for TOT.but its changing now.so sit back and enjoy the Ride.
Your lack of confidence in Pakistani scientist is really surprising considering we have come a long way against all odds.
18ec960eb0e715cae5660099bebba1ae.gif:smitten:

Sorry but actually, you mis-understood me.
I meant that mostly in past, we have only bought products (from western countries) but never bothered to demand for ToT, which Indians forced every time they did foreign shopping.
If we recall till few years back no foriegn company was allowed to operate in India and all foriegn companies had to find a local sponsor and local (company) name with tough conditions for ToT.
On the other hand in Pakistan foreign investors used the corrupt governments to discourage local manufacturesrs.
What Pakistan has acheived today, considering all those odds and western embargos is a very impressive indeed, specially the missiel development.

Our good relations with the west ended with the 80s. We were in no shape to do anything with the ToT. At that point we were launching our indigenous programs. Missiles, Tanks, Planes.

And it so happened that in the 90s we were sanctioned. Think about it this way, our indigenous production capabilities are now farther ahead when compared to India. India relies upon buying it's tech. Even without ToT we are farther ahead than the Indians in our own capability. Compare successes of the KRL to the DRDO for example and in much less time frame.

Our good relations with the west ended with the 80s. We were in no shape to do anything with the ToT. At that point we were launching our indigenous programs. Missiles, Tanks, Planes.

And it so happened that in the 90s we were sanctioned. Think about it this way, our indigenous production capabilities are now farther ahead when compared to India. India relies upon buying it's tech. Even without ToT we are farther ahead than the Indians in our own capability. Compare successes of the KRL to the DRDO for example and in much less time frame.

Perceive what Pakistan has as to compare to what India has, that they simply buy dedicated technologies that are at most decades ahead of Pakistani radars. India has advance structure of radar command and radar technology, they also produce indigenous radars compared to Pakistan.

Perceive what Pakistan has as to compare to what India has, that they simply buy dedicated technologies that are at most decades ahead of Pakistani radars. India has advance structure of radar command and radar technology, they also produce indigenous radars compared to Pakistan.

Seriously dude stay away from the hash bars......:disagree: Decades? Where the hell did they get that? You are aware that they were embargoed by a few countries too?

Seriously dude stay away from the hash bars......:disagree: Decades? Where the hell did they get that? You are aware that they were embargoed by a few countries too?

I take it that, I didn't show enough clarity, India has excellent relations with Israel, and Isreal has intimate discomfort with Pakistan as they have treid to attack Pakistan with the help of India at one point in history. Israel has given access to India of all its next generation radars which by far are more advanced than any other dedicated systems in the world. The Indians have spyder air defence, Phalcon AWACS, Patriot air defence and and now there is news of a possible deal of the Arow air defence system. I am just showing small detial of that, these system are not in the reach for Pakistan because of relations and other stuff.

By looking at what they are able to get from US/Israel the leading countries in Radar technology.
And knowing that Pakistan is subject to restriction on any hardware it want from US.

http://www.pac.org.pk/karfsite-final/index.html

Very detail source on Pakistan radar capability.

This is what Pakistan do locally in one of PAC factories.

I'm sure Pakistan has radars which are foreign made and hence are not listed on PAC web site.

Thank you for the information (though off topic) about all those Israeli radars used by Indians and there mutual co-operation and understanding.
Iranians should be careful, next.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom