What's new

MADE IN UAE

ADSB Unveils 92 metre Corvette Design at LIMA 2023

Bsy6NrxUEB78PLID.jpg

• State-of-the-art 92m corvette designed by EDGE Group’s naval arm, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB)
  • Low-profile, multi-role vessel equipped to perform a range of littoral missions and meet the demands of the Indo-Pacific region

https://edgegroup.ae/news/adsb-unveils-92-metre-corvette-design-lima-2023

The Corvette class is 92 meters long, 12.8 meters wide, and has a displacement of about 2,000 tons.\

Designed entirely in the UAE, the ship will be able to perform various roles such as air defense, surface warfare and electronic warfare. It has been designed to integrate sub-systems of different origin, in order to closely meet customer requirements.

Standard propulsion would be of the CODAD type, based on four diesel engines energizing two shafts with fixed propellers. While MTU engines are the obvious choice, the shipyard is ready to fit diesel engines from other manufacturers, such as Caterpillar, to suit customers' wishes. With this thrust, the maximum speed will exceed 28 knots, with an autonomy of 4,500 NM.

In armament:
The main gun options are 57 or 76 mm caliber.

It provides the vertical launch system for surface-to-air missiles
MBDA VL MICA
LIG Nex1 M-SAM.
MBDA's SIMBAD-RC (less expensive)

CMS combat management system
Leonardo Athena
Thales tacticos

Last edited:
What's made in UAE? They can't even cook their own food or wash their clothes much more make something? Better say Made by Pakistan or India for UAE. I mean don't get me wrong I met some good dudes from UAE but man in general, they are the laziest people I have ever seen!!! Seriously!!!

Japan and the United Arab Emirates have agreed a deal on defense equipment and technology transfers!

ADSB Unveils 92 metre Corvette Design at LIMA 2023

Bsy6NrxUEB78PLID.jpg

• State-of-the-art 92m corvette designed by EDGE Group’s naval arm, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB)
  • Low-profile, multi-role vessel equipped to perform a range of littoral missions and meet the demands of the Indo-Pacific region

https://edgegroup.ae/news/adsb-unveils-92-metre-corvette-design-lima-2023

The Corvette class is 92 meters long, 12.8 meters wide, and has a displacement of about 2,000 tons.\

Designed entirely in the UAE, the ship will be able to perform various roles such as air defense, surface warfare and electronic warfare. It has been designed to integrate sub-systems of different origin, in order to closely meet customer requirements.

Standard propulsion would be of the CODAD type, based on four diesel engines energizing two shafts with fixed propellers. While MTU engines are the obvious choice, the shipyard is ready to fit diesel engines from other manufacturers, such as Caterpillar, to suit customers' wishes. With this thrust, the maximum speed will exceed 28 knots, with an autonomy of 4,500 NM.

In armament:
The main gun options are 57 or 76 mm caliber.

It provides the vertical launch system for surface-to-air missiles
MBDA VL MICA
LIG Nex1 M-SAM.
MBDA's SIMBAD-RC (less expensive)

CMS combat management system
Leonardo Athena
Thales tacticos
Great, it is written that it is able to manage and control the operations of the UAVs. This will facilitate and accelerate the implementation of tasks more effectively.

What's made in UAE? They can't even cook their own food or wash their clothes much more make something? Better say Made by Pakistan or India for UAE. I mean don't get me wrong I met some good dudes from UAE but man in general, they are the laziest people I have ever seen!!! Seriously!!!

Most of UAE's population are not Emiratis

Japan and the United Arab Emirates have agreed a deal on defense equipment and technology transfers!

3127004350384775078-678x381.jpg

The United Arab Emirates and Japan signed a joint cooperation agreement in the military and defense field, with the aim of strengthening cooperation and developing bilateral relations between the two countries.

The agreement aims to implement joint research, development and production projects, and to enhance cooperation in various fields, especially in the defense and military fields.

This agreement comes after the signing of a comprehensive strategic partnership agreement between the UAE and Japan last September, which aims to enhance comprehensive cooperation between the two countries in various fields.

I'm still blown away that they ordered 80 Rafales! lol. They must've come to the conclusion that the Rafale offers the best technology and capability outside of the US.

This tweet from today makes you wonder if they're still trying to get a contract signed for F-35s. I think it's so silly that Biden is supposedly worried about technology leaks, but that's one of the piled on reasons they vigorously deny, and limit offers to Egypt and most Arab countries.

I'm still blown away that they ordered 80 Rafales! lol. They must've come to the conclusion that the Rafale offers the best technology and capability outside of the US.

This tweet from today makes you wonder if they're still trying to get a contract signed for F-35s. I think it's so silly that Biden is supposedly worried about technology leaks, but that's one of the piled on reasons they vigorously deny, and limit offers to Egypt and most Arab countries.

There is a mistrust between USA and UAE. China tried to build a secret military base in Khalifa port. If USA didn't detect it and continue to deliver the F-35 then maybe there could have some leaks

The question is not whether it's F-35 or Rafale, but an American plane or a French plane. France was always less troubling to its buyers, yet being a bigger trouble by itself.

France worked incessantly on expanding the "France bloc" since the end of Cold War, and a rational man can deduce that that bloc will eventually end up in a big conflict.

I don't preclude at all that the next war France will get into will be of its own volition.

EDGE signs an agreement with the Aeronautical Science and Technology Department of the Brazilian Air Force..

1693361886811.jpeg

The “EDGE” group, one of the world’s leading defense and advanced technology groups, announced the signing of a strategic agreement with the Department of Aeronautical Science and Technology, the National Center for Military Research in Aeronautics and Space of the Brazilian Air Force.

The signing ceremony took place in São José dos Campos as part of the high-level EDGE delegation's visit to Brazil, and was attended by members of the EDGE senior management, and General Mauricio Augusto de Medeiros, Director of the Aeronautical Science and Technology Department of the Brazilian Air Force. During the visit, the group's delegation also met with local dignitaries and the most important partners and players in Brazil within the industry sector, including SIATT and Turbomachine.

EDGE visits contribute to paving the way towards enhancing participation and exchanging experiences and knowledge, as well as cooperation in the field of research and development, joint development of advanced defense systems, and so on.

Under the agreement, the two sides will explore opportunities to develop joint projects in the fields of aviation and space, smart weapons, unmanned and autonomous platforms, among other fields. The agreement is in line with EDGE's strategy to build mutually beneficial partnerships that support the development of defense capabilities in the UAE and Latin America, as EDGE recently established its first international office in Brasilia.

EDGE recently revealed a strategic partnership agreement with the Brazilian Navy to cooperate in developing long-range anti-ship missiles, as well as providing advanced solutions that include anti-jamming technology developed by EDGE in the UAE.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom