What's new

Malaysia wants India to send LCA-Tejas to the Country for Evaluations

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) is looking to procure 30 lightweight multi-role fighter to complement its fleet of F/A-18D and Su-30MKM, respectively and has sought bids for the same from International vendors who have shown interest are Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) with FA-50 Golden Eagle, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) with JF-17 ,United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) with Mig-35 and now India too has been invited for the bids and have been urged to Send LCA-Tejas aircraft for Evaluation.

Saab could also position the JAS-39C/D Gripen as per local Malaysian reports ,this if for the first time India has told to submit their bid and also send the aircraft for the local trials in Malaysia which could open first export opportunity for the indigenous fighter jet program which already has been cleared for export by Indian defense ministry .

Even Sri Lanka, Egypt, UAE and Singapore have evinced interest in the indigenous fighter jet but due to limited production capabilities, HAL was not able to bid but with production line set for expansion and HAL already outsourcing major air frame related works to private defense companies in India, HAL will now be able to manufacture over 21 units per year from 2021 onward and HAL is keen to further expand it to over 24 aircrafts per year if it is able to get export orders for the aircraft .

http://idrw.org/malaysia-wants-india-to-send-lca-tejas-for-evaluations/

Gripen for the win.
As long as a good pvt Co is not involved in production of Lca, its all a pipedream.

FA-50_Fighting_Eagle_First_Delivery_2.jpg

Light_Combat_FA-50_Fighting_Eagle.jpg

FA-50 is the most beautiful jet participating in the competition.

Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) is looking to procure 30 lightweight multi-role fighter to complement its fleet of F/A-18D and Su-30MKM, respectively and has sought bids for the same from International vendors who have shown interest are Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) with FA-50 Golden Eagle, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) with JF-17 ,United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) with Mig-35 and now India too has been invited for the bids and have been urged to Send LCA-Tejas aircraft for Evaluation.

Saab could also position the JAS-39C/D Gripen as per local Malaysian reports ,this if for the first time India has told to submit their bid and also send the aircraft for the local trials in Malaysia which could open first export opportunity for the indigenous fighter jet program which already has been cleared for export by Indian defense ministry .

Even Sri Lanka, Egypt, UAE and Singapore have evinced interest in the indigenous fighter jet but due to limited production capabilities, HAL was not able to bid but with production line set for expansion and HAL already outsourcing major air frame related works to private defense companies in India, HAL will now be able to manufacture over 21 units per year from 2021 onward and HAL is keen to further expand it to over 24 aircrafts per year if it is able to get export orders for the aircraft .

You must be kidding me.
Tejas though a competent platform; HAL is no where near ready for it to be sold to other countries.
Atleast not until they get the production line in Nekkundi operational, which is going to be operational this year only.

First complete IAF's order book.

Also, I'm not so sure if Malaysia will buy a fighter aircraft that makes such heavy use of Israeli subsystems.

Let JF-17 face off against LCA in mock combat!

Tejas Vs JF-17 Vs FA-50 will be interesting to look at.

You must be kidding me.
Tejas though a competent platform; HAL is no where near ready for it to be sold to other countries.
Atleast not until they get the production line in Nekkundi operational, which is going to be operational this year only.

First complete IAF's order book.

Also, I'm not so sure if Malaysia will buy a fighter aircraft that makes such heavy use of Israeli subsystems.

If we get any foreign order, I hope one production line can be privatized.

I don’t think LCA would be an action if Malaysian minister in charge of buying the plane knows about PDF.

I wonder how would he feel about India bragging all the time.

Seriously!!!! Na!! :rofl:

Except for the price JF 17 Block 1 & 2 will be of no use in actual war like situation. It can be only used for bombing, terror activities & small confrontation. JF 17 for now is just a cheap fighter which can do basic functions without even Fly by wire & Helmet mounted display. Block 3 won't be available for export delivery till 2023. If Malaysia has time to wait till 2023-25 then may be, they may consider JF 17 Block 3 only for its competitive price. This is my opinion.

They can choose Gripen or latest F 16, if budget is not an issue as both are quite expensive but value for money.(Assured Proven Quality) So chances are T 50 Golden Eagle, though Korean it's American tech, priced quite cheap & the delivery would be faster.

But if their requirement is post 2022 delivery for interception & good defence, Tejas has the chance as it has speed, stealth, strike & size suitable for air superiority & dog fight. It has BVR, good weapon carrying capability & higher thrust advantage. Though combat range is less, it can stay airborne by refueling, as it doesn't have to fly into enemy's territory for deep penetration attacks. Tejas is developed for defending borders with Multi role capabilities. The price is going to be a slight challenge if they have budget constraints, as it's still new to the market & not proven.

Considering it's borders, I feel they won't need a deep penetration fighter, they may need a defensive squadron. Like India, Malaysia also possess SU 30 & Boeing FA 18 as their main strike fighter, so for interception & defending, LCA can be a wise choice including T 50 Golden Eagle. They also had MIG 29's but I am not sure how long it's in service or is already retired. JF17 can be considered but in actual war it would be detected due to its metal body & smokey engine earlier by its rivals as detection in BVR is the key, so it's a waste of money invested, even though cheap.

Actual War scenario analysis comparison of present JF 17 & Tejas above

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom