What's new

Minority loving Modi Govt wants to abolish Christmas Holidays!!

Do you think Modi Govt is good for India?

• Total voters
"

My thought:
Slowly but surely this Government is showing its dirty, communal, fascist face to the world. Earlier BJP goons were spreading terror in the name of 'Ghar Wapasi' and doing forcible conversions. Now they have resorted to slyly use 'Good Governance Day' excuse to abolish Christmas holidays.

Sach much achhe din aa gaye. I think we have another Hitler in the making. Gone is the dream of vibrant and progressive India in the dumps. Brace up Christians, Muslims and all other Minorities to be treated like Jews were treated in Germany.

Is there one "Christian country" that gives at least one official holiday to its Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist citizens?

Why Christmas day? Why not on a working day? Christmas is the biggest day for Christians all around the World. Do BJP Government have the guts to make Diwali a working day?

Chaddiwalas have their hidden agenda and this is the best time for them to implement it.

HRD minister issued clarification to that ....if you are still offended ,Move to some christian country .....

Last edited:
let me ask you why, u celebrate Christmas.
which all west national who are essentially Christian populated, give holidays on diwali and holi.
and its better to do some thing creative then to sit idle and eat, drink and waste away your time.

People like you are the reason minorities are getting uneasy. Just remember you guys are not able to handle just one Kashmir. God forbid, the day all the minorities of India stood against this tyranny...

I know the minorities will be slaughtered coz we don't have the strength of numbers. But we will make sure to remove the 'A' from Akhand Bharat.

God! I never imagined this but my stint in PDF is opening my eyes. I am able to see the venom and real zehaniyat of RSS Bigots. My own countrymen against their minorities.

Just do us a favour. Remove "Democratic Republic" from India.

let me ask you why, u celebrate Christmas.
which all west national who are essentially Christian populated, give holidays on diwali and holi.
and its better to do some thing creative then to sit idle and eat, drink and waste away your time.
doesn't matter what Christians do on Christmas. . none of your business. .. what kinda creative???

Why Christmas day? Why not on a working day? Christmas is the biggest day for Christians all around the World. Do BJP Government have the guts to make Diwali a working day?

Chaddiwalas have their hidden agenda and this is the best time for them to implement it.

I think Easter is more important, religiously. But most everyone gets Sunday off anyhow, so an official holiday isn't necessary. Christmas is unlikely to be the actual birth of Jesus - it is highly likely the date was co-opted to Christianize pagan winter celebrations in Europe. Why would Rome impose a tax that required people to travel mid-winter? Makes more sense as an early spring or summer event. In any case, the birth of Jesus is not as religiously significant as His death/resurrection.

For what its worth, Christmas in the US involves only getting the day itself off (25Dec), though many people take addition vacation days to pad out the holiday. I expect my workplace to be nearly or completely deserted from 22Dec to the end of the year - but only the 25th is a paid holiday. The rest will be burning vacation time. My employer used to give half of the 24th off, but a change in ownership put an end to that.

Thanksgiving, on the other hand, is an official two-day holiday, and is not specifically religious. Christmas is the only religious holiday on the official calendar, and it is not a very religious holiday in practice - being celebrated by people of all or no faiths.

Last edited:
I think Easter is more important, religiously. But most everyone gets Sunday off anyhow, so an official holiday isn't necessary. Christmas is unlikely to be the actual birth of Jesus - it is highly likely the date was co-opted to Christianize pagan winter celebrations in Europe. Why would Rome impose a tax that required people to travel mid-winter? Makes more sense as an early spring or summer event. In any case, the birth of Jesus is not as religiously significant as His death/resurrection.

Good post. :tup:

In fact, no one really knows at which time of year Jesus was born, the Bible itself did not mention it. Logically though, Easter is surely a better candidate.

doesn't matter what Christians do on Christmas. . none of your business. .. what kinda creative???
why not its my business,.
ohh yes I remember now, they use 10500 crore of funds from abroad to convert, their fellow Hindu countymen to Christianity...
this is pretty creative, then writing essay, what say you.

People like you are the reason minorities are getting uneasy. Just remember you guys are not able to handle just one Kashmir. God forbid, the day all the minorities of India stood against this tyranny...

I know the minorities will be slaughtered coz we don't have the strength of numbers. But we will make sure to remove the 'A' from Akhand Bharat.

God! I never imagined this but my stint in PDF is opening my eyes. I am able to see the venom and real zehaniyat of RSS Bigots. My own countrymen against their minorities.

why started crying now, jst answer my questions..

This thread should end here after the confirmation from the HRD minister that 25th December will remain a holiday.

Sir, Circulars have been issued to Navodaya Vidyalayas to open on 25th December. Moreover, which rural school will conduct online Essay competition in rural areas. They will naturally have to remain open on 25th December.

Once Government is successful in implementing it, it will become an annual feature, thereby getting rid of Christmas holidays for good.

What tyranny? Some right wing Hindus? Are you sure you don't have such people in every community including yours? In fact you seem to be one such person issuing threats here.

Sir, Circulars have been issued to Navodaya Vidyalayas to open on 25th December. Moreover, which rural school will conduct online Essay competition in rural areas. They will naturally have to remain open on 25th December.

Once Government is successful in implementing it, it will become an annual feature, thereby getting rid of Christmas holidays for good.

Where is the circular? If it is so then you will find crores of Hindus protesting against it. And you have a functioning democracy where you can get rid of a bad government without thinking about 'breaking' the country.

ohh yes I remember now, they use 10500 crore of funds from abroad to convert, their fellow Hindu countymen to Christianity...

This figure of 10500 crores is just a figment of imagination. If this is true then nab the culprits with all the proofs. Who is stopping you from that?

Don't take this excuse to persecute your minorities.

another one.. huh.. you should speak for your self... 10500 crore.. too bad, i didn't received one penny at least. ..

As clarified by HRD ministry, no circular was issued by the ministry for Schools to remain open on 25th December. Only circular that was issued was for "Online Essay competition" in which participation was not mandatory.

All these Circulars and reports are creation of reporter's disturbed(synonymous: Leftist ) mind.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom