Filk0c0.png

CfKnH0Q.png

7VuJCIn.png

wL5WxcK.png

k3rvkDa.png

nnaB9e0.png

3dG4F3I.png

6FtIGpq.png

The report says budget for beautiful new Lahore Airport is around $575 million USD, which is round about half of the money spent on nameless wonder being built in Islamabad.

The report says budget for beautiful new Lahore Airport is around $575 million USD, which is round about half of the money spent on nameless wonder being built in Islamabad.

The Edhi International Airport was overdue. Hopefully the PAF can get rid of that ridiculous name.

The design is good.:tup: but where does it resembles jasmine?

More like a star with its head chopped off.:D
However good development.:cheers:

yes, the new design is one awesome work and it is hoped it finished by 2018, election time. titled edited for u.

This is massive development.

This is like Lahore cementing its place as a World Mega city.

yes, the new design is one awesome work and it is hoped it finished by 2018, election time.

This is massive development.

This is like Lahore cementing its place as a World Mega city.
Is the construction work already started?
If not then there is no way that a project of this massive scale will be completed by 2018.

Unless you have some chinese construction company working there too.:o: :D

Last edited:
Indeed a good design.

Okay...I don't want any comparison or anything close but its design resembles to Mumbai's international terminal.... although that is a lot bigger but design is pretty much similar.

another door of looting and corruption for gov and CAA . this airport will finish after 20 years when load will be already double .

Looks well it would have been nice if there was some study on all airports in Pakistan with the load of planes arrive/ departure

That has already been taken place since 2014!! No one builds new airports or expands existing one's if there is no expected increase in travel, etc, or if there aren't a government's new policies to try to attempt to bring more visitors to the country.

I used to fly to Australia for business, sometimes, I'd take a stop in Dubai for other destinations like India or Pakistan. Guess what? The Dubai airport till 2005 or later, used to be an empty ghost town outside of one or one and a half day of every week. But their government knew they had policies to grow Dubai into a travel and business hub so they created the infrastructure for it. That way, every passenger going through it, would tell others about the infrastructure, like "it feels like a New York in the Middle East", making a lasting impression on others in the West. Today, I don't think Dubai needs any introduction.So a proper infrastructure is absolutely critical to any country's growth.

In the US we say "Presentation is everything". I've seen top companies stocks go up in one day by $ 10 to 50 (times 50 million stocks, get the math), just on a CEO's good presentation, even with normal earnings. I've seen (as recently as last week) stocks drop (with great earnings) by $ 5-10 within hours of a bad presentation by a CEO where he couldn't outline the great earnings correctly and instead, focused more on "future threats", which had nothing to do with that specific day!! So again, presentation is everything. The Infrastructure is your presentation to the remainder of the investors across the globe!

The same case applies here, as the working class go up next year, there would be growth in internal travel, with that, there is a lot of business coming to Pakistan so that would require expanded infrastructure. Next, the government is too focused on making Pakistan terrorism free because they plan to bring Tourists in numbers on packages (like 3 days Dubai, 2 in Karachi or Lahore, etc). That way, slowly, the bad reputation of Pakistani security stuff will go away and tourists will be attracted once again to a "modern and safer Pakistan". But for initial set of tourists to be able to go back and spread the good word, or the business expansion to turn Pakistan into a growing economy, or travelers (internal) to use more air based travel, you need infrastructure. That is what's going on here.

Indeed a good design.

Okay...I don't want any comparison or anything close but its design resembles to Mumbai's international terminal.... although that is a lot bigger but design is pretty much similar.

Apples and oranges, my friend. :)

New airport is desperately needed in Karachi

Or... just a new terminal.

There seems to be 2 runways. There are international airports with only 1 runway, San Diego is quite famous a few in Europe, and I think there's one in in London?

From June 2015 to July 2016, London Gatwick handled about 42 million pax, while Bombay's CSIA handled around 43 million passengers during the same period; both being single runway airfields.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom