What's new

Pakistan Army - AIR DEFENCE CORPS - Formation, Structure, Weapons

My bad, it looks like 3.7 inch AA gun.

FD-2000: 3-4 batteries under consideration (TASS report from IDEAS 2018)

Pantsir: Rumours PA has already placed orders.

Sorry 3.7 Inch. They look similar to 88 mm flak and I was a kid back then.

I don't know how many launchers each battery would have but 4 batteries should be adequate to cover the following backed with pantsir.

• RWP/ISB/Kamra and everything imp in between
  • Gujranwala/LHR/Sargodha
  • Multan/Shorkot (if placed properly).
  • KHI, Hyderabad e.t.c

rumoured planned acquisitions, but previously leak of poster on 23 march last year or year before and now this emboss work at the PAAD school giving indication of some sort of seriousness .....

Yes, saw the poster here but was not sure. This wall shows that PA is serious.

Last edited:
I don't know how many launchers each battery would have but 4 batteries should be adequate to cover the following backed with pantsir.

• RWP/ISB/Kamra and everything imp thing in between
  • Gujranwala/LHR/Sargodha
  • Multan/Shorkot (if placed properly).
  • KHI, Hyderabad e.t.c

For the HQ-9:

Cited battery composition is one variant of the YLC-2V acquisition radar, one HT-233 engagement radar, 8 x Taian TAS-5380 TELs, with 32 ready rounds, one vehicle for battery positioning, one generator vehicle, one support vehicle and a mobile command post.

https://www.ausairpower.net/APA-HQ-9-FD-FT-2000.html

The export version will likely have 4-6 TELs.

For the HQ-9:

Cited battery composition is one variant of the YLC-2V acquisition radar, one HT-233 engagement radar, 8 x Taian TAS-5380 TELs, with 32 ready rounds, one vehicle for battery positioning, one generator vehicle, one support vehicle and a mobile command post.

https://www.ausairpower.net/APA-HQ-9-FD-FT-2000.html

The export version will likely have 4-6 TELs.

Fd-2k or hq-9b With > 200 km radius range air distance not land it covers pak in north from Eastern to western border in south it’s may partially

So 4 batteries will cover most population centers and military complexes

Hq-9c is even more range over 300 km but was still in development back in 2014-15 not sure what is the current status

100km (FT-2000), 200 km (HQ-9), 250 km (HQ-9A), or 300 km (HQ-9B)

Probably, We see appearance of these systems on 23rd March 2020.
FD-2000
Panister

Fd-2k or hq-9b With > 200 km radius range air distance not land it covers pak in north from Eastern to western border in south it’s may partially

So 4 batteries will cover most population centers and military complexes

Hq-9c is even more range over 300 km but was still in development back in 2014-15 not sure what is the current status

100km (FT-2000), 200 km (HQ-9), 250 km (HQ-9A), or 300 km (HQ-9B)

There is only one export version offered right now, and that is the FD-2000. Max range: 125km, ARH terminal.

CPMIEC's+FD-2000+LR-SAM-4.jpg

Each FD-2000 battery costs upwards of US$ 200 million, lets see how many PA AD can afford.

IMG_5019.JPG

Hq9b and fd-2000b

Certain extend anti tbm capability to full anti tbm

https://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/...ina-anti-access-area-denial-coming-soon/hq-9/

HQ-9B News
There is 1 news
on 29 Aug 2016
Monday, August 29, 2016
Chinese Military Claims HQ-9 (B), HQ-12 and HQ-6 Air Defense Systems Ready for Combat

Variants

HQ-9A is an improved version. It was first tested in 1999 and was adopted in 2001.
HQ-9B improved version with longer range and extra seeker. It was reportedly tested in 2006. The missile has a dual seeker with semi-active radar homing and infrared homing modes.
HQ-9C improved version that is currently under development. The missile incorporates active radar homing mode.
HQ-19 a much upgraded version of the HQ-9. It is Chinese equivalent to the US THAAD. It was specially developed to engage ballistic missiles and satellites on lower Earth orbit. The missile is armed with kinetic kill vehicle.

FT-2000 export version of the HQ-9. It is an anti-radiation missile system, intended to intercept jamming planes and air radiation sources. Missiles have passive homing. This system can engage targets at a range of up to 100 km and can reach targets at altitude of up to 20 km. The FT-2000 operates in conjunction with passive surveillance system.

FD-2000 (Fang Dun 2000) export version of HQ-9. It is a long-range air defense missile system. It was first publicly revealed in 2012. This system has an extra anti-stealth capability. The FD-2000 has been exported to Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.

HHQ-9, naval version of the HQ-9. It appears to be identical to the land-based variant. It is used on modern Chinese guided-missiles destroyers. These missiles are launched from vertical tubes.
HHQ-9A naval version of the HQ-9A.

Also there is a new version called hq-22 and hq-19 in play bit mostly anti tbm like thaad

Last edited:
How would we counter Apaches in Battlefield?

Apache can be engaged by Army Air Defence (Radar controlled guns, MANPADS, ESHORADS) and Army Aviation (attack helos).

Apache will be encountered with Panister .

A well organised and structure used ground air defence, like ours, can bring the Hell on the Apaches by using the tactical right deployment and surprise of 12.7.mm and Manpads, communication between all units during air alert, rightly detection by radar and human observers, correctly identification between friends and foe, full fire clearance for all ground weapons, including all MG-3 and mounted 12.7mm of Tanks and APC and air defence weapons, heavy AA guns 37mm and 57mm can build up a deadly air defence shield which no Indian Pilot would like to face at day and night, all attack Helicopter operations were successful against a badly organized military and by absolutely air dominance, which India doesn't have. Indian Apaches will, of course, inflict loses to us, but will pay an equal or heavier price, I can guarantee it you, because I was trained to defend my position against air attacks especially against Helicopters, and fill these task with a combination of MG-3 and Manpads. We (German Army) didn't have the luxury of mass-produced available 12.7mm AA guns and 37mmAA guns like Pakistan Army, the Flakpanzer Gepard (aa gun tank, like soviet shilka), was reserved for more important units like Tanks and other formation. We as the simple Soldiers had to fight with less, the Pakistan Army has in these case at a unit level more. Give me the task and your equipment and I promise you I will and can bring down Indian Apaches! Inshallah!

Last edited:
A well organised and structure used ground air defence, like ours, can bring the Hell on the Apaches by using the tactical right deployment and surprise of 12.7.mm and Manpads, communication between all units during air alert, rightly detection by radar and human observers, correctly identification between friends and foe, full fire clearance for all ground weapons, including all MG-3 and mounted 12.7mm of Tanks and APC and air defence weapons, heavy AA guns 37mm and 57mm can build up a deadly air defence shield which no Indian Pilot would like to face at day and night, all attack Helicopter operations were successful against a badly organized military and by absolutely air dominance, which India doesn't have. Indian Apaches will, of course, inflict loses to us, but will pay an equal or heavier price, I can guarantee it you, because I was trained to defend my position against air attacks especially against Helicopters, and fill these task with a combination of MG-3 and Manpads. We (German Army) didn't have the luxury of mass-produced available 12.7mm AA guns and 37mmAA guns like Pakistan Army, the Flakpanzer Gepard (aa gun tank, like soviet shilka), was reserved for more important units like Tanks and other formation. We as the simple Soldiers had to fight with less, the Pakistan Army has in these case at a unit level more. Give me the task and your equipment and I promise you I will and can bring down Indian Apaches! Inshallah!
Thanks

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom