What's new

Pakistan Naval Fleet

Originally posted by Neo@Feb 22 2006, 12:56 PM
Integrating Babur into subs is a complicated procedure as the device will have to be miniaturised or alteast downscaled from current design to fit in.
But it should be easy to equip our frigates, destroyer and missileboats anytime soon.
Babur is reported to be designed with landhugging and seaskimming capabilities.

I'm curious about the gps / guidence system, are we using chinese satelites as we don't have one of our own yet?
[post=6029]Quoted post[/post]​
Since u have the shaheen II already, it wont be difficult to send a satelite up .till then pakistan can use chineese as long as u dont use it for downloading data of chineese terrains. :P

Shaheen-II is still not enough to act as a SLV. The rumour that Pakistan is working on a 3000+Km missile could very well, if true, be enough to be used as a SLV. Yes Pakistan currently shares data from Chinese satellites to map terrain which would probably be used by the Babur cruise missile as well.

Pakistan has to put its spy satellites in to orbit as soon as possible since India is well ahead of it in this field.

Note: Almost all cruise missiles are 'land-hugging' and 'sea-skimming'; its not something unique to the Babur cruise missile.

Originally posted by Sid@Feb 23 2006, 03:46 AM
Shaheen-II is still not enough to act as a SLV. The rumour that Pakistan is working on a 3000+Km missile could very well, if true, be enough to be used as a SLV. Yes Pakistan currently shares data from Chinese satellites to map terrain which would probably be used by the Babur cruise missile as well.

Pakistan has to put its spy satellites in to orbit as soon as possible since India is well ahead of it in this field.

Note: Almost all cruise missiles are 'land-hugging' and 'sea-skimming'; its not something unique to the Babur cruise missile.
[post=6110]Quoted post[/post]​

Is it easier to develop a SLV first and then a missile or vice versa?

Well, to the best of my knowledge; the question of which being 'easier' is the last one on anyone's mind related to the SLV program in any country. Although, conventional chain of thought and past experience has shown that most countries who have the ballistic missile technology with them find it easier to develop SLV tech because the former assists the latter.

Now, you can research and develop both the Ballistic Missile tech and SLV tech simultanously but separate from each other or have both programs share information and collaborate which makes it 'easier' (like in the case of Pakistan, the possible collaboration between Kahuta and Suparco).

Ballistic missiles (without warheads ofcourse) serve commonly as the first stage (and in some cases also the second stage) boosters to the SLV, giving it enough power to break-free from Earth's gravitational pull.

Cheers.

Note: Hope that suffices for now. If you need more information, PM me and I will see what I can get my hands on for you.

Originally posted by Sid@Feb 24 2006, 03:10 AM
Well, to the best of my knowledge; the question of which being 'easier' is the last one on anyone's mind related to the SLV program in any country. Although, conventional chain of thought and past experience has shown that most countries who have the ballistic missile technology with them find it easier to develop SLV tech because the former assists the latter.

Now, you can research and develop both the Ballistic Missile tech and SLV tech simultanously but separate from each other or have both programs share information and collaborate which makes it 'easier' (like in the case of Pakistan, the possible collaboration between Kahuta and Suparco).

Ballistic missiles (without warheads ofcourse) serve commonly as the first stage (and in some cases also the second stage) boosters to the SLV, giving it enough power to break-free from Earth's gravitational pull.

Cheers.

Note: Hope that suffices for now. If you need more information, PM me and I will see what I can get my hands on for you.
[post=6156]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks...

even navalisng the existing ballistic missiles would be a good option.
like the SRBM to be fired from your ships,can cause havoc for the gujarat region in advent of war.

It doesn't depend on just the missile being customized for naval use, but also on the capabilities of the vessels in the naval fleet. So far no PN vessel can accomodate ballistic missiles on board (cruise yes but not ballistic) as far as I know.

Spruance class do have a capability for launching cruise missiles so i am pretty much clarify that if cruise missile can be launched. Just by seeing Babur cruise missile, you can tell its size that it is comparable to Abdali ballistic missile which has a nuclear capability, and funny part is Babur cruise missile has the nuclear capability too.

Yes that might be the logic behind acquiring the old Spruance Class destroyer. To learn more about its ability to fire cruise missiles and with some critical thinking and innovation, devise ways of launching ballistic missiles from sea-borne vessels.

Sid buddy,

I wonder if they will be successful in transfering the VLS tubes? of the Spruance class destroyers to indeginious made ships or possibly F-22p? You think its possible, though if we see there is no use to it. Since the chinese already have the capability to fire cruise missile from its frigates and destroyers i am guessing, so they can be transfered upon request. If F-22p doesn't have this capability to launch cruise missiles i would say that Pakistan must add this requirement some how. It will be a great leap if this modification can be taken place.

Well in the Spruance Class, the VLS tubes are designed particularly to handle Tomahawk cruise missiles in use by the US forces and given the fact that Babur resembles the Tomahawk in more than one way; it would be interesting to note what PN technicians learn from the VLS tubes and apply to other vessels in the form of brand new VLS tubes (if the vessles do not have them already) or modified ones for the vessels that already have them (like the F-22P frigates).

Originally posted by Zeeshan S.@Feb 28 2006, 05:28 AM
Sid buddy,

I wonder if they will be successful in transfering the VLS tubes? of the Spruance class destroyers to indeginious made ships or possibly F-22p? You think its possible, though if we see there is no use to it. Since the chinese already have the capability to fire cruise missile from its frigates and destroyers i am guessing, so they can be transfered upon request. If F-22p doesn't have this capability to launch cruise missiles i would say that Pakistan must add this requirement some how. It will be a great leap if this modification can be taken place.
[post=6350]Quoted post[/post]​

If the new ships which pakistan is buying isnt capable of firing cruise or land attack ballsitic missiles ,its better not to buy it.

It is NOT necessary to launch a missile like the Babar cruise missile from a Vertical Launch tube as it can also be fired from an Inclined Launch tube. So there's no question about not acquiring the F-22Ps but I would've preferred the Lafayettes.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom