What's new

Pakistan still a primary threat

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan still a primary threat: Indian air chief

LAHORE: The Indian air chief has said that Pakistan remains a primary threat to India despite a number of confidence-building measures between the two countries, the Times of India reported on Friday.

“Though things have changed a great deal in the last three years between the two nations, the security dimension remains the same, the terrorist infrastructure still exists in Pakistan and there is no reduction in cross-border terrorism,” Air Chief Marshal SP Tyagi said at the BC Joshi Memorial Lecture at Pune University while speaking on the Role of the IAF in the Changing Regional Security Environment.

The Times of India quoted the air chief as saying that India cannot assume that the peace process is firmly rooted, adding that regular terrorist attacks in the country indicate that the terrorist infrastructure in Kashmir is still active. Tyagi identified China as another defence and security threat.

“The capabilities of China should figure in our matrix of security planning because I see Chinese weapons in our neighbourhood. China’s strategic encirclement of our country is already well under way and this would only lead to more problems for us in future,” the Times of India quoted the Indian air chief as saying. “While describing Pakistan and China as threats to India, it does not mean that we are going to go to war with these two neighbouring countries,” he added. daily times monitor.

Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?p...-11-2005_pg7_46

I wonder why they are being feared of Chinese weapons in Pakistani aresenal. They simply think that they can stop everyone from selling us weapons and military hardware for our defence purposes.

Once the economy takes the lead and gets stable, it will be fun to see how long can they stop it. We will once again take qualtive edge. Inshallah! :PakistanFlag:

They fear us cause we make our own tanks that can eaisly match/out class theirs. We have started to make our onw cruise missile while they only have 18. And those too wee with the help of ruissa. Now air force is something to think about, since we gon't have any new toys

Originally posted by Awais@Nov 20 2005, 01:35 AM
They fear us cause we  make our own tanks that can eaisly match/out class theirs. 
[post=3210]Quoted post[/post]​

We have T-90's and before failure of Arjun we have successfully made and produced Vijayanta's in huge numbers.

T-72's are being upgraded and Tank-Ex is under development.

So nobody is feared of your tanks.

We have started to make our onw cruise missile while they only have 18.

Thats what.

You have just started where as we have started mass production and inducting the missile in the forces.

So number 18 is old news.

Even talks with Chilie and Malaysia are going on for the export.

And those too wee with the help of ruissa.

So whats the problem.

Are you saying you have made any of the stuff (including Babur) without help of China????

Now air force is something to think about, since we gon't have any new toys

Apart from airforce have a look at your navy as well. Compare it with the Indian Navy.

For referance you can check my Indian Navy thread.

Thanks,

Miro

who cares what they say but in the near future if every things work out well we would be able to handle india anyday any time.......so keep it cool.

We have T-90's and before failure of Arjun we have successfully made and produced Vijayanta's in huge numbers.

T-72's are being upgraded and Tank-Ex is under development.

So nobody is feared of your tanks.
Thats what.

I said that pak army has tanks that can match/ out class indians tanks.

You have just started where as we have started mass production and inducting the missile in the forces.

So number 18 is old news.

Even talks with Chilie and Malaysia are going on for the export.
So whats the problem.

Last i checked it was ruissa too in it. And i think ruissa is threathing to take the code away. :blahblah1:
Are you saying you have made any of the stuff (including Babur) without help of China????

Even though iam pakistani i still have some doubts if pakistan actully made babue by it self. But that's not the point now, the point is that pakistan has the know how on how to make a cruise missile and they will/hhave started making them.

Apart from airforce have a look at your navy as well. Compare it with the Indian Navy.

For referance you can check my Indian Navy thread.

Cruise missiles can take care of indian navy. Babur's range is 500 km currently. Iam preety sure that the indian navy is'nt that dumb to actully come with in the range of Babur. :lol:

ya and KSA is order 600 Al-khalid tanks for saudi army this hint tell us the class and quality of ur tank

Originally posted by Thunder@Nov 20 2005, 10:42 PM
Last i checked it was ruissa too in it. And i think ruissa is threathing to take the code away. :blahblah1:
[post=3278]Quoted post[/post]​

When did I said that Russia is not envolved????

BrahMos itself means Brahamputra and Moskava (Moscow).

Forget about the Russian threats. Trust me.

Cruise missiles can take care of indian navy. Babur's range is 500 km currently. Iam preety sure that the indian navy is'nt that dumb to actully come with in the range of Babur. :lol:

Ohh Please.

Indian Navy's best and brightest ships are equipped with BARAK anti missile systems and not to forget that Babur is subsonic.

Also from which platform you are gonna launch Babur against the Indian Navy????

Babur is only a set knowledge of retaliation whereas Pakistan is yet to find a cure for Brahmos.

www.brahmos.com all the kids can get educated here.

Thanks,

Miro

Mr. Tyagi's comments, I think the man is lobbying for more funds for the IAF. :)

Originally posted by Srirangan@Nov 21 2005, 09:51 PM
Mr. Tyagi's comments, I think the man is lobbying for more funds for the IAF. :)
[post=3366]Quoted post[/post]​

He is lobbying for something more than the funds.

Trust me. :cheers:

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 21 2005, 03:47 PM

Ohh Please.

Indian Navy's best and brightest ships are equipped with BARAK anti missile systems and not to forget that Babur is subsonic.

Also from which platform you are gonna launch Babur against the Indian Navy????

Babur is only a set knowledge of retaliation whereas Pakistan is yet to find a cure for Brahmos.

www.brahmos.com all the kids can get educated here.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=3356]Quoted post[/post]​

Which platform eh !

PN to soon test fires cruise missile: Admiral Shahid

Wednesday August 31, 2005 (1521 PST)

Email Most Popular
Print Add to Favorite

More Related News >>
No of Pictures: 0
ISLAMABAD: Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Shahid Karimullah has declared Wednesday Pakistan Navy (PN) will soon test fire cruise missile saying that Islamabad will also get four US and two China frigates soon.

"Our conventional capabilities are less than India and Pakistan will have to make nuclear submarine itself because no one will give it to us," Karimullah expressed these remarks in his chat with media-people after addressing book launching ceremony "Sea Phoenix" written by Rear Admiral (Retd) Mian Zahir Shah held here at Bahria Auditorium.

"We have no nuclear submarine and India has held 17 units while we have only five, however by 2015 we will be able to come at the level of India," he underlined.

However, he informed President General Pervez Musharraf had given priority to improve the capability of Navy and provided additional funds as Navy was neglected in past, which cost the country not to compete India.

He said that engineers were making hectic efforts to enhance the capabilities of Navy and whatever India had been developing Pakistan had the ability to produce.

On cruise missile test fire, he underscored that cruise missile test fire initially would be conducted through submarine and latter it would be carried out through warship.

Replying volley of questions, he said that talks during the first six months with New Delhi went on with fast-paced development, however saying that the negotiations had witnessed slow-paced process currently.

To another query, he expressed optimism that scheduled meeting between Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President General Pervez Musharraf would yield positive results and a great breakthrough was expected.

Referring to Rear Admiral (Retd) Mian Zahir Shah's newly introduced book, he informed that the book "Sea Phoenix" had the whole episode of Navy submarine operation in the war of 1965.

Earlier, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Shahid Karimullah graced the launching ceremony of the book titled "Sea Phoenix" as Chief Guest.

Addressing the ceremony, he said that the prime objective of a good book was to flourish thoughts of its readers.

The author, he said had successfully achieved that objective with his mastery on pen and choice of words and composed a wonderful and easy book to understand.

The book narrates an incident in such a manner that not only gives a live picture of the happening but at the same time a thought provoking for which the writer deserved of great applause, he underlined.

He also extended his felicitation to PN book club for doing a commendable job and producing book on variety of naval subjects.

"Sea Phoenix" is based on a true story of a naval submarine rescue operation.

http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=117633

Brother Thunder,

# 1 PA/PAF/PN has to go a long with Babur.

India tested BrahMos on each and every possible platform and then the missile has entered in the service.

Whereas Pakistan has launched the land base Babur and it has to go a long way while testing and getting success on Ships/Aircrafts and other platforms like mobile (rail) and subs.

I dont see Babur entering in active seervice before 2010.

Where as BrahMos is in serial production and already fitted on the Kashin(s).

Also I repeat again.

# 1 Indian Navy's best and brightest ships are equipped with BARAK anti missile systems and not to forget that Babur is subsonic.

# 2 Babur is only a set knowledge of retaliation whereas Pakistan is yet to find a cure for Brahmos.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 22 2005, 09:00 AM
Brother Thunder,

# 1 PA/PAF/PN has to go a long with Babur.

India tested BrahMos on each and every possible platform and then the missile has entered in the service.

Whereas Pakistan has launched the land base Babur and it has to go a long way while testing and getting success on Ships/Aircrafts and other platforms like mobile (rail) and subs.

I dont see Babur entering in active seervice before 2010.

Where as BrahMos is in serial production and already fitted on the Kashin(s).

Also I repeat again.

# 1 Indian Navy's best and brightest ships are equipped with BARAK anti missile systems and not to forget that Babur is subsonic.

# 2 Babur is only a set knowledge of retaliation whereas Pakistan is yet to find a cure for Brahmos.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=3420]Quoted post[/post]​
was there any way of detecting Babur tests until the PAK Militry declared the capability??

it was said by a senior Pak Army official that the babur will be in serial production within 3 months of the test.

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 22 2005, 03:14 PM
was there any way of detecting Babur tests until the PAK Militry declared the capability??

it was said by a senior Pak Army official that the babur will be in serial production within 3 months of the test.
[post=3426]Quoted post[/post]​

Indo-Pak have a agreement over missile tests. Both inform each other.

Ok lets say you start production from tommorrow considering Babur can be now launched from all kinds of Platforms.

In a current scenario how you are gonna launch against the Indian Navy?

Which Ship? or Aircraft or Sub?

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 22 2005, 06:12 AM
Indo-Pak have a agreement over missile tests. Both inform each other.

Ok lets say you start production from tommorrow considering Babur can be now launched from all kinds of Platforms.

In a current scenario how you are gonna launch against the Indian Navy?

Which Ship? or Aircraft or Sub?

Thanks,

Miro
[post=3429]Quoted post[/post]​

Obviously you can't fire the missile since its starting its production from tomorrow. :lol:

Here what i think if we have good amount of Babur we will be launching them basically from submarines, frigates, and MiragePA3(can carry exocet.) It will be a simple suicide if navy goes on offence but if it stays on the defence it will cover the range of 500KM from the coast not to mention if aircrafts/subs/frigates get used in this situation the range can be extended. Althought there is no platform yet developed of Babur that can be launced with aircrafts/subs or frigates but remember even 500KM would be enough to detect a ship and shoot it down with the cruise missile itself.

Remember the animated video which was provided by GEO that Babur can guide itself very near on the top of the rivers or sea's and once it sees the target, it will simply destroy it with pin-point accuracy. Even though not much information regarding Babur is out, but we can assume that we will be capable enough defend the coast if we have enough missile of this kind, and getting this cruise missile worked with all the other capabilities(air, sea) will be a great achievement not just that when the 1000 KM variants gets out, it will be hilerious. :p:

But still no doubt more subs, destroyers, and frigates are needed.

Back
Top Bottom