What's new

Pakistani engineer invents generator that runs on water

Why these people are after water and vegetables? Just because they think Water is cheap? Send them to countries where cost of drinkable water is higher than petrol

If they really want to do something than they should work to make solar energy cheaper

I read a few years back about cars that run on air and leave water as exhaust.

To be honest, seperating water to obtain hydrogen alarms me. We have been using the same water since before the dinosaurs (with alittle coming in from comets, etc.). You think oil is a finite resource? wait til we start burning off our water. I say no to this.

The waste product of gasoline is Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide other Oxides and Water Vapour.
The waste product of water is...................................WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a continuous cycle.

2H2O= 2H2+O2 (Splitting of Water)

2H2+O2= H2O+Energy (Combustion)

mashallah, very nice effort, look this is the talent we have but it gets wasted

I read a few years back about cars that run on air and leave water as exhaust.

its hydrogen car

Hydrogen vehicles

Water! That is all a hydrogen fuel cell bus releases into the air. Clean, green and coming to a bus stop near you, they are the ultimate in environmentally friendly buses.

New buses powered by hydrogen fuel joined London's fleet in 2011. They are currently running on route RV1 between Covent Garden and Tower Gateway Station.

This is part of our bid to reduce CO2 emissions from transport and tackle climate change.

Mayor Boris Johnson has set tough targets to cut CO2 emissions by 2025. Hydrogen powered vehicles offer a significant step towards achieving this goal.

From December 2003 to January 2007, London took part in the Cleaner Urban Transport for Europe (CUTE) trial, and its one year extension, to reduce air pollution and noise by testing the first generation of zero-emission fuel cell buses.

The success of this trial led to the introduction of the new hydrogen powered buses and a refuelling station in London.

Source

i have travelled on these buses and its really good, countries are using it but you will always find gora ppl asking third world not to use it with all these nonsenses ...

The waste product of gasoline is Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide other Oxides and Water Vapour.
The waste product of water is...................................WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a continuous cycle.

2H2O= 2H2+O2 (Splitting of Water)

2H2+O2= H2O+Energy (Combustion)

So, what you are saying is Energy released in combustion >> Energy required to split water , and the differential can be used as output of the machine.

This is against the laws of thermodynamics !
This is not possible. Energy can neither be created not be destroyed.

You did not read the previous posts and only screwed science again.

So, what you are saying is Energy released in combustion >> Energy required to split water , and the differential can be used as output of the machine.

This is against the laws of thermodynamics !
This is not possible. Energy can neither be created not be destroyed.

You did not read the previous posts and only screwed science again.

1) I did not say the energy from combustion can be used to split water, that's what you will be using to produce electricity!
2) It would be against the law of conservation of energy if the said system operated at 100% efficiency, however it doesn't. I demonstrated a simple chemical reaction, did not screw science.

An "self-taught" engineer who forgets about the Laws of Thermodynamics to this extent can't be all that smart, either.

He does mention that he needs flowing water for the generator to work. So it sounds like he is using the kinetic energy in the water to produce electricity which in turn is used for electrolysis.

I guess if you need to store this energy instead of using it directly ie. say a car, then storing it as Hydrogen may be much easier instead of storing it in heavy batteries.
If he wants to generate electricity out of that stored Hydrogen, then it doesn't make sense.

For starters you need 53 KWh electricity to get 1 Kg of Hydrogen from electrolysis (75% efficiency) and Hydrogen gives 33 kilowatt-hours per kilogram (Petrol gives 8.7 KWh /l or which equals to something like .7 kg).Burn that in a heat engine having an efficiency of 30% - 40,you get 13.20 KWh/kg.....then to a generator which is another inefficient machine :unsure:

Using hydrogen in heat engines is also an issue.... Hydrogen + Oxygen = Big Boom and storage of Hydrogen is another issue for e.g 45 liters of tank can hold 1 kg of hydrogen @ 250 atm :cheesy:

P.S - Hooking up X number of inefficient systems increases the loses....... why not hook up the generator to turbine and start producing electricity other then running in circle.

SOON USA WILL CONTROL ALL OUR WATER...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........LOL

This is one of those same old infinite power schemes. As some other commenters already mentioned, there is no way you can get more energy by burning Hydrogen than what was consumed to create it in the first place. Theoretically at max you can get back the energy which was consumed. So net energy gain will be zero. But this is only possible in an ideal case. In practice the machine will actually generate less energy than it consumes due to inherent mechanical inefficiencies.

Even if this guy is using electricity from some other source (I guess a micro hydro plant on Swat), it still won't make sense to use it in this way. Rather hooking that plant directly to the national grid will provide more electricity.

Now if he is planning to launch the first H2 fuel cell car in South Asia, then it's a different matter.

Do tell...

Without any commercial benefits?

Did you not see how much Indians are spun with the orignal news!

They are simply misleading the readers.

Allah has created this world with all the resources but research and development is done in wrong direction.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom