What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

There is one bigger size UCAV at mureed airbase
I don't know anything about that.

Busy day:
upload_2020-7-2_10-35-14.png

Falco, Burraq, and Shahpar in one picture for the first time (at PAF Murid):
View attachment 646716

Don't see any weapons pylons on the Burraq. This looks like the recon/ISR variant that GIDS put up for show at IDEAS 2018. I remember examing the under-wing areas of the Burraq on display there. There were no weapon pylons (obviously) but brackets/mounting areas were present and clearly defined.

Don't see any weapons pylons on the Burraq. This looks like the recon/ISR variant that GIDS put up for show at IDEAS 2018. I remember examing the under-wing areas of the Burraq on display there. There were no weapon pylons (obviously) but brackets/mounting areas were present and clearly defined.
Yes. I have some theories on this. Obviously just speculation:
1. PA uses the armed version, while PAF uses the ISR version
2. GIDS (or whatever) is allowed to export (if they can get customers) the ISR version and NOT the armed version (as seen by the hurried blacking out of the missile on the poster at IDEAS 2018).

Yes. I have some theories on this. Obviously just speculation:
1. PA uses the armed version, while PAF uses the ISR version
2. GIDS (or whatever) is allowed to export (if they can get customers) the ISR version and NOT the armed version (as seen by the hurried blacking out of the missile on the poster at IDEAS 2018).

That is most likely the case.
But IMO, all these hopes and efforts for export appear to be just a futile exercise. Just some 'movement' for the sake of appearing to be doing something - to mask the fact that we are terribly uncompetitive as far as the exports of such systems are concerned. And it is not due to the technical merits of the product. It is the marketing efforts that lack spirit and effectiveness.

That is most likely the case.
But IMO, all these hopes and efforts for export appear to be just a futile exercise. Just some 'movement' for the sake of appearing to be doing something - to mask the fact that we are terribly uncompetitive as far as the exports of such systems are concerned. And it is not due to the technical merits of the product. It is the marketing efforts that lack spirit and effectiveness.
Not sure which business genius thought we could sell an unarmed CH-3 in a market where China is selling the armed version. What's the unique selling point here?

Not sure which business genius thought we could sell an unarmed CH-3 in a market where China is selling the armed version. What's the unique selling point here?

YES. YES. EXACTLY. *elated*

I just wish I could share some anecdotes about the actual decision-making process that goes into such genius business ideas. Have some genuine horror stories. But alas, national secorty. Don't want a black Vigo at my door.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom