What's new

PML-N approached Zardari with an offer to take 'turns' ruling the country

root

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Speaking to reporters about the recent acrimony between Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Senator Aitzaz Ahsan and Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, PPP leader Asif Ali Zardari said that the he and the party are ready to ‘move on’ from the incident.

“We will take it [the confrontation] as a part of democracy and move on,” Zardari told reporters.

“People have their opinions, and certain things were said that shouldn’t be … Aitzaz was justified.”

Zardari was speaking at his residence in Islamabad, where he had recently arrived to “save democracy”, he said.

The spat, which began after Nisar accused Ahsan of being part of a ‘land mafia’ in an angry press conference on Thursday night, continued in Parliament on Friday morning after Ahsan replied angrily to the accusations.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had repeated his apology on behalf of Nisar to both Ahsan and Opposition Leader Khurshid Shah – who also spoke – on the floor in a short speech.

In his statements, Zardari was also careful to distance himself from Nawaz’s government stating that he has not “extended any favour – not before, not now,” to the prime minister, but is actually acting upon the “political ideology of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and late Benazir Bhutto”.

In fact, the former president claimed that Nawaz approached him with an offer to take turns ruling the country after the 2008 elections, which PPP won “After 2008 elections, PML-N leadership asked me to take my turn and let them take the next turn,” he said.

“We took along every one. Mian sb said to me this is your turn. We will take the next turn. I said no. You take Punjab,” Zardari remarked.

Here is a video of Zardari’s comments on the Chaudhry Nisar-Aitzaz Ahsan incident and the prime minister’s subsequent apology.

Zardari ready to ‘move on’ from Aitzaz-Nisar row – The Express Tribune

ISLAMABAD: Speaking to reporters about the recent acrimony between Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Senator Aitzaz Ahsan and Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, PPP leader Asif Ali Zardari said that the he and the party are ready to ‘move on’ from the incident.

“We will take it [the confrontation] as a part of democracy and move on,” Zardari told reporters.

“People have their opinions, and certain things were said that shouldn’t be … Aitzaz was justified.”

Zardari was speaking at his residence in Islamabad, where he had recently arrived to “save democracy”, he said.

The spat, which began after Nisar accused Ahsan of being part of a ‘land mafia’ in an angry press conference on Thursday night, continued in Parliament on Friday morning after Ahsan replied angrily to the accusations.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had repeated his apology on behalf of Nisar to both Ahsan and Opposition Leader Khurshid Shah – who also spoke – on the floor in a short speech.

In his statements, Zardari was also careful to distance himself from Nawaz’s government stating that he has not “extended any favour – not before, not now,” to the prime minister, but is actually acting upon the “political ideology of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and late Benazir Bhutto”.

In fact, the former president claimed that Nawaz approached him with an offer to take turns ruling the country after the 2008 elections, which PPP won “After 2008 elections, PML-N leadership asked me to take my turn and let them take the next turn,” he said.

“We took along every one. Mian sb said to me this is your turn. We will take the next turn. I said no. You take Punjab,” Zardari remarked.

Here is a video of Zardari’s comments on the Chaudhry Nisar-Aitzaz Ahsan incident and the prime minister’s subsequent apology.

Was he finishing this confrontation or is starting a new one? This shows us the democracy in Pakistan, do you people still believe this is democracy?

Nothing of that sort in that video?
Zardari is wise enough not to make such statements.

Pakistan deserves this.

A nation with 60% of its GNGDP lying in Zurich, yet not standing up to those who did it, nor for those, who did but were butchered, such a nation truly and utterly deserves this.

Last edited:
Pakistan deserves this.

A nation with 60% of its GNGDP lying in Zurich, yet not standing up to those who did it, nor for those, who did but were butchered, such a nation truly and utterly deserves this.
What is bigger issue or threat in the minds of Pakistani people , India or corruption ?

Nothing of that sort in that video?
Zardari is wise enough not to make such statements.

But an agreement is there between them including all the politicians sort of time share government and rule even if he does not announce.

Last edited:
What is bigger issue or threat in the minds of Pakistani people , India or corruption ?

Poverty
Illiteracy
Corruption
Non realization of our mineral potential.

India is not an existential threat anymore. These dynistical rulers and those who are either benifactors or fooled by the system surely are.

45% of Punjab's budget is being spent on Lahore while 65% Punjab residents live outside metro areas.

Nobody cares about India. Get over yourself. You can relate this to the fact that there are hardly any Pakistanis on Indians Forums (Very low numbers) Where as Indians members come to Pakistani Forums due to their obsession with Pakistan.Bunch of attention whores.

Nobody cares about India. Get over yourself. You can relate this to the fact that there are hardly any Pakistanis on Indians Forums (Very low numbers) Where as Indians members come to Pakistani Forums due to their obsession with Pakistan.Bunch of attention whores.
Take a chill pill it was just a question not a statement.I visited & questioned in this thread because Indian media hardly gives any details about pakistan crisis nowdays as nobody is interested in what is happening there. By the way you can't judge the thoughts of crores of Indians with few dozens of Indian pdf members.Even your last few words exhibits your feelings towards Indians.
On Topic @Horus not just pakistans but most people of developing countries are politically ignorant because of faulty education systems & paid media.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom